• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suairyu

Banned
Guys seriously vodka orange is amazing if you want to be successful in life. I just had one for breakfast with my toast and then called that company back who I was a nervous wreck on the phone to yesterday. I was no longer a nervous wreck and despite their "you should look at our website..." attempts to get rid of me I talked them into giving me five minutes to chat about their company and myself.

Vodka is a winner's breakfast. Either that or just being so tired that you don't care. Maybe a combination of the two.

Meadows

Banned
Guys seriously vodka orange is amazing if you want to be successful in life. I just had one for breakfast with my toast and then called that company back who I was a nervous wreck on the phone to yesterday. I was no longer a nervous wreck and despite their "you should look at our website..." attempts to get rid of me I talked them into giving me five minutes to chat about their company and myself.

Vodka is a winner's breakfast. Either that or just being so tired that you don't care. Maybe a combination of the two.

Sounds like you're KentPauling the shit out of this morning!

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Yeah you should move onto healthier habits like online gambling.

come on man lol. I only put 15 quid into my willy hill account every payday. Next time it will be a tenner and i'l be cashing out when i make my first 100.

Today's plan is... Doing FUCK ALL. well I'm training my self to play BATTLEFIELD 3 on the pc with my xbox 360 pad.

fray-bentos-just-steak-pie-475g.jpg

Got one of these awesome pies in

Or you could, you know, have some non-alcohol induced confidence? I'm fairly sure when you drink alcohol in the morning in order to 'be successful in life', there's a 99% chance you're an alcoholic ;)

Suairyu

Banned
Sounds like you're KentPauling the shit out of this morning!
I know how to stop at one vodka orange and not transition into mkat ;p

Or you could, you know, have some non-alcohol induced confidence? I'm fairly sure when you drink alcohol in the morning in order to 'be successful in life', there's a 99% chance you're an alcoholic ;)
Dude, I drink so rarely I'm considered boring. Even if going out often I'll just diet coke it up.

It's just I'm really, really out of practice making professional phone calls and super nervous and stammery as a result. I end up talking too fast. Needed to shloooow it doooooown, chap. Hence, vodka orange!

fray-bentos-just-steak-pie-475g.jpg

Got one of these awesome pies in
My man!

Fray Bentos are the best.

Kentpaul

I need to pace around when I'm on the phone.

Think i'l have that pie around noon :)

It takes me like half an hour to hype myself up to make an important phone call.

Then they're usually engaged. And I need to hype myself up again :(

So do they like, hunt down a gay man for every week of Come Dine with Me? Doesn't matter what city, they always find a gay man with an ethnic partner who wants to take part in the show...

And they're always really flamboyant too. I know a couple of gay dudes and they don't act anything like the stereotypes.

I know him. Didn't know he was going on the show. And yes, he is like that in real life. He's a thesp.

SmokyDave

I need to pace around when I'm on the phone.

Think i'l have that pie around noon :)

Me too. I constantly pace up & down if I'm on the phone. It drives the people around me crazy but I can't help it. I literally cannot sit down if I'm on the phone (unless it's at work). No idea why.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
My foodie mate turns his nose up at Fray Bentos pies. I don't care, they may come from the same production line as Whiskas but they taste great! I like that 'Tender' is in quotation marks, as if edible meat is a feature.

Kentpaul

My foodie mate turns his nose up at Fray Bentos pies. I don't care, they may come from the same production line as Whiskas but they taste great! I like that 'Tender' is in quotation marks, as if edible meat is a feature.

I'v never tasted these pies. I grew up in a household of homemade pies so this is a fucking huge deal to me. At work i see these pies all the time and think to me self "one day i'l buy one of they pies and eat it", In Tesco yesterday i went looking for one of the pies. (and found it)

i really can't wait to try it iv been reading reviews for the pies and im hearing nothing but good things.

Tantalus

Neo Member
I pace around a lot when on the phone too- I have to think really hard about what I'm going to say in case I somehow mess it up.

Vagabundo

Answering phones is - sometimes - my job. I only pace if I need to concentrate on a sticky problem. I remember sometimes about some research that said moving increased blood flow and concentration or something.

I have answered 40+ calls since 9 this morning. :(

"no sorry, the proxy isn't working. emmm I've no idea how long they will take to fix it"x40

Kentpaul

the little drops of soy sauce i dropped from my mighty king size green pot noodle seems to be mutating on my PC desk. Its only been 12 hours since the drops have been there.

yes i know green pot noodles are the best.

the little drops of soy sauce i dropped from my mighty king size green pot noodle seems to be mutating on my PC desk. Its only been 12 hours since the drops have been there.

yes i know green pot noodles are the best.

I do like the green ones. though only if you add a fuckton of salt. They've cut back over the years.

But the Bombay Bad Boy is clearly the best.

Kentpaul

I do like the green ones. though only if you add a fuckton of salt. They've cut back over the years.

But the Bombay Bad Boy is clearly the best.

The green ones have the comfort food taste like Heinz tomato soup, toast and chopped fried egg with ketchup has. Perfect comfort food, Fuck i love comfort food. Not eating breakfast really makes me crave food so much.

boiled-breakfast-egg-with-buttered-toast-soldiers.jpg

Comfort food FTW

Suairyu

Banned
Jesus Kent just wipe the soy sauce up!

Just got back from an interview for a part time job at a pub. As much as I'd love to focus on just career type things I need income badly. Hate having to sponge off the state.

Vodka and orange, and Whiskas meat pies. Yep, sounds like a good breakfast to me.

I tend to stand and pace a bit when it's an important call. I've also taken to making a quick list of the points I want to cover before I make the call, otherwise I'd invariably forget something and have to call back.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Hell yeah. With a dash of this....

dabomb2__31538_zoom.jpg

Nearly 250,000 scovilles in that bad boy. You certainly know about it!

I tried just a tiny dash of this from a cocktail stick, couldn't stop the burning for a good 20 minutes, maybe more, I almost fucking threw up. Mate did it at the same time and did not say one word for the 20 minutes following, I think I drank my own bodyweight in water and milk.

I can't handle my spice normally and that stuff was fucked up.

SmokyDave

I tried just a tiny dash of this from a cocktail stick, couldn't stop the burning for a good 20 minutes, maybe more, I almost fucking threw up. Mate did it at the same time and did not say one word for the 20 minutes following, I think I drank my own bodyweight in water and milk.

I can't handle my spice normally and that stuff was fucked up.

Never drink water! It just spreads the 'heat' down your throat. Milk all the way.

I love the stuff but then I'm a man of iron. I just grin and sweat a lot. I want some goodies from Blair's for xmas, as they do the really hot stuff. 250,000 scovilles ain't shit compared to some of their special reserves.

Never drink water! It just spreads the 'heat' down your throat. Milk all the way.

I love the stuff but then I'm a man of iron. I just grin and sweat a lot. I want some goodies from Blair's for xmas, as they do the really hot stuff. 250,000 scovilles ain't shit compared to some of their special reserves.

You ever been to Big Market and tried the curry from hell? That shit is hot as fuck and my ears felt like they were melting.

Jill Sandwich

Sounds like the Volcano Burger from Kismet in Cottingham. Eating one of those is a challenge. Your mouth is on fire from the second bite and the heat builds and builds and doesn't stop for at least half an hour after you've finished.

And you can feel it travelling all the way through.

Bought my dad a 4 million bottle (I can't remember the name though) of hot sauce last year. We both tried some straight off the pipette thing. It was pretty crazy.

You ever been to Big Market and tried the curry from hell? That shit is hot as fuck and my ears felt like they were melting.

Done curry hell aswell :D The owner still wants to get me and my Dad in the chronicle for being the first father-son combo to do it haha!

Curry was obviously mental but nothing prepared me for the 8 hours I spend writhing in pain on my bed. There was points when I literally would have rather died. Worst night of my life.

Tasty curry though :p

SmokyDave

No, but it sounds good!

I try and avoid eating the heavier vindaloos if I'm eating out as 'red and sweaty' ain't a great look outside the bedroom. Home delivery or home cooking and it's game on!

Drink the bottle and record it for YouTube dave.
I think that might be fatal. I really enjoy the stuff but anything larger than a pea and you're going to need medical attention. Hell I put a dab on my finger, wiped it off and then my missus licked my finger. She still went scarlet, she ain't good with hot sauce.

daviyoung

Banned
I don't get the point of these ghost pepper/naga-jolokia sauces. If you're using it as a dipping sauce then you're clearly mental. If you're using it as a flavouring to pot cooking (chilli, curry etc) then why aren't you using the actual chillis themselves?

Is it just a novelty item for dares, or are you guys using it for anything productive?

No, but it sounds good!

I try and avoid eating the heavier vindaloos if I'm eating out as 'red and sweaty' ain't a great look outside the bedroom. Home delivery or home cooking and it's game on!

I think that might be fatal. I really enjoy the stuff but anything larger than a pea and you're going to need medical attention. Hell I put a dab on my finger, wiped it off and then my missus licked my finger. She still went scarlet, she ain't good with hot sauce.

I only had a piece of my friends one, that was enough for me. The area is a shithole but at least I got to see a comedy bar brawl. It was almost worth the visit to Newcastle.

How can you taste the curry with all that burn? I'm not against spicy or anything but there's a point where it gets so hot that the flavour is no longer enjoyable.

leadbelly

Banned

Yeah. I love chillies too.

I buy fresh chillies from here:
http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk/shop/index.php?category_id=4&target=categories

You can only get them when they're in season though. :(

And milk is much better than water. It seems counter-intuitive, but capsaicin doesn't really break down in water.

Kentpaul

after spending 2 minutes opening the tin of my pie the pastry looks raw ftw!

shit is going to taste homemade i can tell

Jill Sandwich

I don't get the point of these ghost pepper/naga-jolokia sauces. If you're using it as a dipping sauce then you're clearly mental. If you're using it as a flavouring to pot cooking (chilli, curry etc) then why aren't you using the actual chillis themselves?

Is it just a novelty item for dares, or are you guys using it for anything productive?

They're great for constipation.

leadbelly

Banned
The dry ones are fine too, just be careful when crumbling them so you don't inhale too much of the dust.

Milk is good, milk chocolate is better. Lemon juice works too.

Yeah. I haven't really tried dry chillies yet. I bought some dry habanero chilli powder, but it's not really the same as fresh habaneros.

How can you taste the curry with all that burn? I'm not against spicy or anything but there's a point where it gets so hot that the flavour is no longer enjoyable.

You get used to the heat. The more you eat it, the more your body learns to deal with it.

Suairyu

Banned
We used to give out Dave's Insanity Sauce at the kitchen I worked in. Never more than a pea sized drop, which we advised they mixed in with another sauce.

Once, a kid had an entire spoonful raw as a dare. Hositalised.

SmokyDave

Put me under 'clearly mental'. I use it as a dip when I fancy some heat with my nachos. Two drops into some baked beans is nice too. Actual chillis are cool for cooking but the sauces are so much quicker and more convenient when you just want a kick up the arse.

I only had a piece of my friends one, that was enough for me. The area is a shithole but at least I got to see a comedy bar brawl. It was almost worth the visit to Newcastle.
When I was single and inclined toward fisticuffs, I fucking loved Newcastle. Not sure how I'd enjoy a night out now I'm old and boring. I think Durham might be more my current pace!

Yeah. I love chillies too.

I buy fresh chillies from here:
http://www.southdevonchillifarm.co.uk/shop/index.php?category_id=4&target=categories

You can only get them when they're in season though. :(

And milk is much better than water. It seems counter-intuitive, but capsaicin doesn't really break down in water.
Bookmarked!

Yeah, water just washes capsicum down your throat and spreads the burn. Milk milk milk!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom