• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

daviyoung

Banned
You want one that looks like this:

41vXIsxYdgL._SS400_.jpg

And not one that looks like this:

41piy6tqanL._SL500_AA300_.jpg

You want one that looks like this:

41vXIsxYdgL._SS400_.jpg

I think I have this one. It charges super fast and shaves quite close. I'm growing a beard now at the moment so I haven't been using it for the week or so.

Also, growing a beard sucks. I have that terrible pedo look going for me and it's mad itchy.

Meadows

Banned
Anyone got a recommendation for some good toothpaste?

Basically for gums/plaque all that malarkey. Don't care about whiteness or anything.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Jeez, I'm away for just a weekend and you guys get through 10 pages of slagging off London, welcoming the Irish, Irish politics, bread war, chippies and now teenage years.

I have no contribution to the above without making people angry so I'll just say Happy Monday all! Another fantastic working week ahead of us (come on Friday)

So you're either about to say your teenage years were just like skins or you were about to make a joke about potatoes/bombs. Right??

Also, of course Inbetweeners is more realistic than Skins. Div kids lying to each other is always more real than trendies and their blow job parties and miaow mioaw, or whatever it is the kids are doing today.

operon

Since ye were talking about kebabs etc. The food most needed after a session of Guinness etc is a good old curry mix, half chips and half egg fried rice, with curry sauce all over it for good measure yum yum

Basically for gums/plaque all that malarkey. Don't care about whiteness or anything.

I like aquafresh. It's the best tasting, a good all rounder. Colgate is quite good as well, cleans my teeth pretty thoroughly.

Now, McCleans is BAD. It's like the strongest mint ever and i never really feel satisfied with the clenliness of my teeth after using it.

Clegg

Skinny hipsters with beards are populating the halls of my Uni these days.

Some of them have proper beards but the majority just look like they have pubes growing from their faces.

Suairyu

Banned

Near enough any of them. Colgate is a good stand by often recommended by dentists.

I don't think it makes much of a difference either way. Just get one with fluoride in it and you're all set.

For more convincing advice, ask Dave. He works in the dental field.

SmokyDave

For more convincing advice, ask Dave. He works in the dental field.

The only product I have particularly strong feelings regarding is Corsodyl mouthwash. That stuff is fucking awesome. I think most of my clients provide / recommend Oral B (kids) or Colgate (adults) as far as toothpaste goes.

Clegg

The only product I have particularly strong feelings regarding is Corsodyl mouthwash. That stuff is fucking awesome. I think most of my clients provide / recommend Oral B (kids) or Colgate (adults) as far as toothpaste goes.

I use Corsodyl. It's good stuff but burns the mouth off you .

It's lethal.

Suairyu

Banned
My only real "choice" of mouthwash is the Oraldene medicated stuff. Whenever I get throat infections (common), that stuff blasts it away.

I just use any old generic brand of non-alcohol mouthwash when I don't need the infection-killing thing. Might look into Corsodyl now. How much does it kick your mouth in the nuts taste wise?

daviyoung

Banned
Does it get right now to the root? Like silky smooth or stubbly?

All electric razors leave stubble, they're good for trimming and day-to-day shaving for the extra hairy but they'll never compare to a standard wet shave. Depending on how quickly you grow it can either be smooth enough or matchbook texture stubble.

Jeez, I'm away for just a weekend and you guys get through 10 pages of slagging off London, welcoming the Irish, Irish politics, bread war, chippies and now teenage years.

I have no contribution to the above without making people angry so I'll just say Happy Monday all! Another fantastic working week ahead of us (come on Friday)

Come on, get all controversial up in here!

Electric razor for me. If the world ends I'll be rendered unable to shave.
Wish I was manly enough to grow a beard. Instead I just get pale bum fluff :(
My avatar is a lie!

Gav47

I can't find that photo comparison of the effects a straight razor vs an electric razor has on the skin on your face, the rotary electric one was horrible. It was mentioned on the Tested podcast

daviyoung

Banned
I can't find that photo comparison of the effects a straight razor vs an electric razor has on the skin on your face, the rotary electric one was horrible. It was mentioned on the Tested podcast

Problem is the oscillator electric razors just don't work at all if you have anything other over a couple of millimeters of hair. The rotary ones will at least shave your overgrowth, despite being bad for your hair/skin in the process.

Vagabundo

Isn't there a squirty electric toothbrush thing that is suppose to be the bees knees?

Can you take Corsodyl regularly? I think I took it for an abscess I had once. I's blue right?

All electric razors leave stubble, they're good for trimming and day-to-day shaving for the extra hairy but they'll never compare to a standard wet shave. Depending on how quickly you grow it can either be smooth enough or matchbook texture stubble.

It grows pretty fast. So crap.

I suppose I'll just stick with razors. I should probably just get decent blades and stop scrapping myself with the worn ones I use and use and use...

Suairyu

Banned
Man, you plan and script these things on paper and in your head a hundred times, bigging yourself up for the moment. Then you nervously call the company you want a foot-in-the-door with and nothing goes to plan. You speak far too quickly, stammer a couple of the words and then get told now isn't a good time anyway please call back tomorrow.

I suck at telephone.

Now I need a drink.

SmokyDave

Isn't there a squirty electric toothbrush thing that is suppose to be the bees knees?

Can you take Corsodyl regularly? I think I took it for an abscess I had once. I's blue right?

Fuck no! Good point, I was lost in my musing about the efficacy of Corsodyl and I bundled it in with the original query (which toothpaste?).

Do not use Corsodyl for prolonged periods unless you're a masochist. It's handy to have in the bathroom cupboard however.

Jill Sandwich

the turds of Optimus Prime
You can get the minty Corsodyl now, which is just as good as the regular stuff, but because it doesn't taste like death you feel it doesn't work as well.

I brush with Corsodyl toothpaste, which is like brushing your teeth with fresh tasting cum. Salty toothpaste? It's good!

Chinner

Banned
i would grow a goatee just for the crack but i always give up because i remember its not the 90s and i dont have a ponytail :(

Ireland gaf,

the McDonalds Ireland app for android and iOS is giving out vouchers for free big macs. Once you use the voucher you can delete the app and reinstall it to get more big macs.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
CHEEZMO™;35740943 said:
I look 12 too :(

And I can't even grow facial hair at all ;_;

I had to show ID when i was buying painkillers in Lidl. I'm 21.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Oral b pro expert FTw it's like sand and just Whitens the teeth like it ain't no thang.

Lirlond

For toothpaste I just use Colgate. But I didn't brush my teeth as a kid so I have a fair amount of fillings and my teeth won't ever be "white", not that it bothers me too much. I still have all of them and after I started flossing my gums are pretty healthy too.

Suairyu

Banned
I wouldn't worry about brilliantly white teeth. The naturally white teeth are actually the softest and most prone to problems.

Or so I'm told.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom