• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
mine is really small :( girls laugh at me and then i have to make myself feel manly by abusing meadows.

yHuVD.gif

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I had to show ID when i was buying painkillers in Lidl. I'm 21.

I got IDd by an old lady in Sainsbury's when I was buying a tiny bottle of wine for cooking (along with the other ingredients for a delicious spag bol). I'm 28 years old and I think I look it. I have a full beard. I have tattoos. I have a wedding ring. I have a woefully receeding hairline. You can't see it by looking at me, but I have a mortage as well.

So I says to the lady, listen... I know in theory that kids can get tattoos and get married and some kids have crazy hormones so they get all hairy or go bald early. But seriously, show me the fucking kid that has all of these things at the same time, and I show you a poor youth who deserves the right to jump the cue and get drunk a few years early.

This doesn't work. So I ask her, how old do you think I look? And she looks at me carefully, narrows her eyes a little. 24, she says. My eyes bug out a little. So 24 is still 6 years over the drinking age, right? She nods. And I'm 28, so I'm definitely over 24. She nods. So why no sale? Well, we can't serve anyone who doesn't look over 25.

BUT I'M A FUCKING 28 YEAR OLD WHO LOOKS 24. BY ANY KIND OF RETARD MATHS I'M STILL OLD ENOUGH TO BUY THIS POXY BOTTLE OF WINE SO I CAN COOK SOME FUCKING DINNER! I'm not going to binge drink in the park on a large glass of fucking boujoulais am I you jobsworthy cunt?

Woah, don't know what came over me there. Bad memories.

Suffice to say, my spag bol was severely lacking that evening.

Chinner

Banned
oh god talking about embarrassing id stories. i look my age and like a year or two ago i was id for a newspaper because it came a dvd. at that point i knew the super devil existed.

Meadows

Banned
I'm 20, and look 18.

Every time I go to Aldi they ID me for ANYTHING. I've chatted to the guy behind the counter about 100 times and he still IDs me.

Gonna have to tell him that I'm not getting younger, he doesn't need to keep checking.

Lirlond

So do they like, hunt down a gay man for every week of Come Dine with Me? Doesn't matter what city, they always find a gay man with an ethnic partner who wants to take part in the show...

And they're always really flamboyant too. I know a couple of gay dudes and they don't act anything like the stereotypes.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
so how big is everybodys penis?

6.5 hard, 4ish flopped.

meh.

Got some bad anxiety today guys, they fucking drugs i took on Friday are really fucking with my wiring :(

my apatite sucks to, took me like 30 minutes to eat a supermarket pizza

Bo-Locks

So do they like, hunt down a gay man for every week of Come Dine with Me? Doesn't matter what city, they always find a gay man with an ethnic partner who wants to take part in the show...

And they're always really flamboyant too. I know a couple of gay dudes and they don't act anything like the stereotypes.

I know someone who was on that show and he's a flamboyant gay Italian. lol

Kentpaul

I'm 20, and look 18.

Every time I go to Aldi they ID me for ANYTHING. I've chatted to the guy behind the counter about 100 times and he still IDs me.

Gonna have to tell him that I'm not getting younger, he doesn't need to keep checking.

and the one time the dude doesn't ID you he gets FIRED!

I'm 21 and sometimes the Dude or Miss dude was in my year at school so i don't get Id'ed like a Boss.

same with the bouncers at wetherspoons they just open the doors for me and i walk in like the king of falkirk.

Kentpaul

kentpaul did you seriously just reply seriously to a dick measurement question?

i'm so depressed brother i needed to keep my mind off my bad anxiety.

I really could curl into a ball and cry right now my emotions are FUCKED :/

sorry to be a downer on the thread guys i'm just upset

just found out some dude was like all over my girlfriend and i was just standing there blank staring him out in my own little world.

stuff of nightmares :(:(:(

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Well yeah, they know their audience I guess!

Also on the gay tip, can anyone clue me in to if the show Coach Trip (C4, right now) is all gay couples or not? My misses has it on when I get in from work on Mondays and the people are both horrible and all seem to be quite gay. Some of them are definitely gay but the whole show is pinging my gaydar.

Ah no I don't think they are all gay, there was a boy girl couple on there. But the show is at least 75% gay. I also want to stress that there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just nosey...

Chinner

Banned
what's up tell us!

edit - is it just the drugs making you weird?

'coz I'd consider stopping doing drugs.

i dunno sometimes it just happens , or sometimes people are just fiddly with them. i know someone who gets really bad anxiety attacks afterwards.

Well yeah, they know their audience I guess!

Also on the gay tip, can anyone clue me in to if the show Coach Trip (C4, right now) is all gay couples or not? My misses has it on when I get in from work on Mondays and the people are both horrible and all seem to be quite gay. Some of them are definitely gay but the whole show is pinging my gaydar.

Ah no I don't think they are all gay, there was a boy girl couple on there. But the show is at least 75% gay. I also want to stress that there's nothing wrong with it, I'm just nosey...

I'd agree. Think some of them might be siblings.

Kentpaul

what's up tell us!

edit - is it just the drugs making you weird?

'coz I'd consider stopping doing drugs.

I'v stopped it all. I wont even be smoking weed.

I had the WORSE time of my life on that MKAT friday.

Bombed half a gram then snorted the other half.

My vision was so clear for hours it was horrible.

just everyone i came across knew i was out my face and avoided me.

popping the E later on made things 100x worse.

never again folks fuck that shit

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
i'm so depressed brother i needed to keep my mind off my bad anxiety.

I really could curl into a ball and cry right now my emotions are FUCKED :/

sorry to be a downer on the thread guys i'm just upset

just found out some dude was like all over my girlfriend and i was just standing there blank staring him out in my own little world.

stuff of nightmares :(:(:(

At the risk of pouring petrol on a fire, maybe you should just have a good cry. It always sorts me out when I'm all imbalanced.

And it is also why I try not to do too many weekend drugs. I simply can't cope come Monday...

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
what does it say on your passport? gaf is all about nationality, not race. "half-irish" is something an american would say because they haven't got roots.
I consider myself half English half Swedish. :|

people always say something about respecting british values if you move here

do people think there is a distinctive set of british values, like say liberté égalité fraternité for the french?
Well in London there's is the rule of keep to yourself while waiting for the bus.

Why doesn't GAF have a Eurovision party meetup?
I'd be up for that. It's either that or follow the GAF thread.

Reggae Reggae has a time and a place. Chip butty is not one of them.
I have a signed bottle of Reggae Reggae Source. Antiques Roadshow 2052 here I come!

My teenage years were much less like Skins and much more like The Inbetweeners.
My teenage years were like Waterloo Road. It involved school.

My missus is a GAFfer so you won't hear anything negative about her from me.
Oh dear. That means theres a chance I got into a stupid Internet debate with her.

General fish and chip banter.
If you're in London there's a good one near Waterloo Station called Masters.

ID banter
Getting ID'd is so random for me, but in general its usually the case if I'm with friends I get ID'd because they are getting ID's. In fact once I forgot mine at home so I just stepped back from the queue while they were being checked and then rejoined a few moments later and got it perfectly fine.

Chinner

Banned
I'v stopped it all. I wont even be smoking weed.

I had the WORSE time of my life on that MKAT friday.

Bombed half a gram then snorted the other half.

My vision was so clear for hours it was horrible.

just everyone i came across knew i was out my face and avoided me.

Think its the ecstasy pill thats making me like this. what goes up comes down all right lol t
then i popped a fucking X pill later on and that just made things 100 times worse.

never again folks fuck that shit

i thought you said you quit coke/mkat and PILLS you crazy bastard.

Kentpaul

At the risk of pouring petrol on a fire, maybe you should just have a good cry. It always sorts me out when I'm all imbalanced.

And it is also why I try not to do too many weekend drugs. I simply can't cope come Monday...

the monday blues :(

Doesn't help the club is no longer full of drug users there's was alot of middle class hipster types looking at me like i was the scum of the earth.

Drugs ain't my scene folks, I'v always enjoyed them like once a month in moderation but i took it to far on friday.

some dude speaking to me on speed when i was zoned on the mcat freaked me out to. The guy was like a huge rat talking complete shit moving around.

I'v seen hell and for some reason its making me feel a little better talking about it

i thought you said you quit coke/mkat and PILLS you crazy bastard.

lol watched that vid thats how my face looked, eyes like tennis balls and a mouth like a zombie eating himself.

i did quit. Drinking double bourbons in wetherspoons turned me into a complete jerk

I aint took a proper shit in days

Bit of an odd question, but why not?

Anyone know of some good gaming publications that are likely to offer work placements?

Ideally in London or thereabouts, but I've been searching for ages and simply can't find anything - or even where to begin. Second year student so beginning to panic about what the future holds and experience seems pretty vital - done informal blogging with some people but that kind of stopped due to everyone returning to studies.

Also - Onion rings; breaded or battered?

Kentpaul

Bit of an odd question, but why not?

Anyone know of some good gaming publications that are likely to offer work placements?

Ideally in London or thereabouts, but I've been searching for ages and simply can't find anything - or even where to begin. Second year student so beginning to panic about what the future holds and experience seems pretty vital - done informal blogging with some people but that kind of stopped due to everyone returning to studies.

Also - Onion rings; breaded or battered?

Beer-battered from wetherspoons.

I got IDd by an old lady in Sainsbury's when I was buying a tiny bottle of wine for cooking (along with the other ingredients for a delicious spag bol). I'm 28 years old and I think I look it. I have a full beard. I have tattoos. I have a wedding ring. I have a woefully receeding hairline. You can't see it by looking at me, but I have a mortage as well.

So I says to the lady, listen... I know in theory that kids can get tattoos and get married and some kids have crazy hormones so they get all hairy or go bald early. But seriously, show me the fucking kid that has all of these things at the same time, and I show you a poor youth who deserves the right to jump the cue and get drunk a few years early.

This doesn't work. So I ask her, how old do you think I look? And she looks at me carefully, narrows her eyes a little. 24, she says. My eyes bug out a little. So 24 is still 6 years over the drinking age, right? She nods. And I'm 28, so I'm definitely over 24. She nods. So why no sale? Well, we can't serve anyone who doesn't look over 25.

BUT I'M A FUCKING 28 YEAR OLD WHO LOOKS 24. BY ANY KIND OF RETARD MATHS I'M STILL OLD ENOUGH TO BUY THIS POXY BOTTLE OF WINE SO I CAN COOK SOME FUCKING DINNER! I'm not going to binge drink in the park on a large glass of fucking boujoulais am I you jobsworthy cunt?

I always laugh when I get ID'd, getting offended/indignant was something that I used to do when I was underage.

FreeMufasa

From what i've seen on the gaming side, seems like a lot of UK-gaf are SEGA fans, or atleast prefer them over Nintendo.

I remember reading the megadrive did better here so it makes sense.

Nevasleep

Blame the training department, they show pictures of people clearly older, then say they're 18-25ish...and that every cashier will get sacked and arrested.
Also, you're a grown up it would seem, so where's your wallet with a photocard driving license in it.

Seanbob11

Blame the training department, they show pictures of people clearly older, then say they're 18-25ish...and that every cashier will get sacked and arrested.
Also, you're a grown up it would seem, so where's your wallet with a photocard driving license in it.

I'm 22 and I don't bother carrying my photo ID with me. It's not a legal necessity to do so you know.

Qasiel

From what i've seen on the gaming side, seems like a lot of UK-gaf are SEGA fans, or atleast prefer them over Nintendo.

I remember reading the megadrive did better here so it makes sense.

My first Nintendo console was the N64, up until that point I was Master System and Mega Drive all the way.

First handheld was a Game Boy, though.

My teenage years were like Waterloo Road. It involved school.

So there was a crisis in your school every single day that got wrapped up nicely by home time? Cool!

I've never owned a Sega nor a Nintendo console. My family does have a Wii though which I'm going to adopt and love with REmake and a set of component cables. Do have a GBC and DSi though.
Always been Playstation and PC for me.

TCRS

Banned

WE HAVE TO!! I know it's stupid and so embarassing but we just have to ask or we risk loosing our jobs. It has happend at our store. Anyone who looks <25 and buys alcohol, cigarettes, lighters etc. has to be checked for ID (Think 25). Sorry.

edit: wtf, who invited Ireland?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom