• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meadows

Banned
HEY GUYS HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT KONE I WATCHED THE VIDEO AND NOW I WONT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UGANDA APART FROM A 30 MINUTE VIDEO

khtOV.jpg

defel

HEY GUYS HAVE YOU HEARD ABOUT KONE I WATCHED THE VIDEO AND NOW I WONT SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT IT EVEN THOUGH I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT UGANDA APART FROM A 30 MINUTE VIDEO

I started watching it and got bored. Does that make me a bad person?

Meadows

Banned
J Tourettes hated the LRA before it was cool.

Now, in a brazen bit of meta-irony he goes around wearing I <3 LRA shirts.

Over-45s tend to drink more often, says ONS survey

Adults aged over 45 are three times as likely to drink alcohol every day as those aged under 45, results of a lifestyle survey suggest.

More than 22% of men aged 65 and over, but just 3% of men aged 16 to 24 drank almost every day - though younger adults were more likely to binge drink.

More than 13,000 people across Britain completed the Office for National Statistics survey.

Experts recommend three alcohol-free days a week.

The findings of the General Lifestyle Survey 2010 cover a range of topics including people's drinking and smoking habits.

On alcohol consumption, the survey found that 54% of adults drank alcohol at least once a week and 26% did so more than twice a week.

It also found that adults tended to drink more often as they got older.

Some 12% of women aged 65 and over drank alcohol almost every day compared with 1% of the 16 to 24 age group.

For men and women combined, 2% of the 16 to 24 age group, 5% of the 25 to 44 age group, 10% of the 45 to 64 age group and 16% of the 65 and over age group consumed alcohol almost every day in 2010.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-17297388

So what about you GAF? Where do you guys stand?

I drink probably two or three times a week, but when I do it's usually more than just a pint. As the article points out, us young people (I'm 23) are more likely to binge.

Usually once a week, although when I drink I do tend to drink a lot. I used to drink more often but now I'm working full time I'm not up for going out midweek. I tend to smoke more these days.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
i usually binge drink once a week (20+ units in a 6 hour spree)

but yeah after the chaos on friday i won't be drinking again.

for tonight il be smoking some joints and watching the pineapple express.

Just finished worked. relaxing is so UNDERRATED GUIZ

Yen

Can someone link me to the politics thread? On webapp, so no search. I want to mention that Tom Elliott has resigned as leader of the UUP but Meadows won't allow me to post it in her- oh shit

CHEEZMO™;35859235 said:
I might be heading into Manny tomoz to pick up ME3. Where will it be stocked?

I was totally going to say 'GAME' as a smartarse response, but yeah. :lol

Like, any other entertainment shop? HMV, etc

CHEEZMO™;35859342 said:
Yeah, I'll check out HMV or something. Gotta be somewhere -_-

In my experience, you'll have a fucking job not being able to find a game in the shops on launch day. I've never ran into stuff being sold out (except for the Wii) and I've never pre-ordered, except for MvC3 (but that was more to do with wanting the steelbook due to the vomit-inducing boxart). So yeah, unless something goes horribly wrong you should be Wrex-Shepherd-Wrexing tomorrow evening.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
In my experience, you'll have a fucking job not being able to find a game in the shops on launch day. I've never ran into stuff being sold out (except for the Wii) and I've never pre-ordered, except for MvC3 (but that was more to do with wanting the steelbook due to the vomit-inducing boxart). So yeah, unless something goes horribly wrong you should be Wrex-Shepherd-Wrexing tomorrow evening.

I couldn't find Skyrim for 5 days after release!! D:

Manny? Call it Manc lad, come on.

Gamexchange in the Arndale is normally alright I think.

Whereabouts is it? Will check it out.

Kentpaul

So does UK/ROI nightshift gaf exist?

i have a nightshift on sunday... No idea how i'm going to manage it. I will be hitting the caffeine drinks (coffee and a few big cans of monster) pretty hard and taking in a box of PRO PLUS (encase my body shuts down like a 90s pc) it will be weird going into work when its dark and leaving work when its dark, also seeing the day shift boys when i finish instead of start will BLOW MY MIND.

1237643614_pineapple_express.gif

Kentpaul

I leave the house at around 6.30am and I'm home at around 6.30pm. I don't work at the ASDA warehouse so don't know their actual hours, just using the term day-shifter to mean people that work during the day.

i use the term day shift for the working hours 6am till 2pm, backshift 2pm till 10pm,nightshift 10pm till 6am.

at least you will see some daylight :p I ain't a morning person so i'd never take a day shift.

Oh man now I'm tearing up, such treachery by doing the right thing it fucked him hard.

He loved her too with all his heart. Shit now I'm depressed. Sweet shirt geezer, nice lady also.

That film is such a classic. Think I might have to do a Leon/Carlito's Way double bill soon.

My gf looked pretty rough in those photos but thanks for the kind words

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom