• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nevasleep

Brian Lara Cricket 2007.
Brian_Lara_Cricket_%2799_Coverart.png

I'd still even pay 99p for the 1999 version.

It was The Beatles Rockband, Timeshift and Red Faction Guerilla for the PS3, and Soulcalibur Legends and Mel B Workout for the Wii.

Just looked on the website and there's nothing I'd buy, even for that low price. Shame I don't have a Game near my work or home. There is one at Stratford but it closes at 9, and I'm going out after work so won't be going past there till way after.

Might pop there in the morning, have a look.

It's usually 9-5 but I worked through lunch so I can split early. I'm feckin starving though.

I had eggs, sausage, bacon and black pudding for lunch. Tasty.

It was The Beatles Rockband, Timeshift and Red Faction Guerilla for the PS3, and Soulcalibur Legends and Mel B Workout for the Wii.

Just looked on the website and there's nothing I'd buy, even for that low price. Shame I don't have a Game near my work or home. There is one at Stratford but it closes at 9, and I'm going out after work so won't be going past there till way after.

The one in Stratford (Shopping City, not Westfield) is where I bought mine, not much remarkable there tbh.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.

Timeshift is by far the most straight-down-the-middle FPS I've played this generation. I had to force my way through the last few levels of that shit.

Fun fact: the demo of Timeshift on the PS3 was the first rumble-compatible game (IIRC.)

leadbelly

Banned
I got your PC hotness right here.

lol

OMG! What diabolical human being would steal grandma's hotpot recipe? :O

Or did they? Maybe it ends in an anti-climatic way with it being in her clothes pocket all along.

"The mystery of the missing hotpot recipe".

That has got to be one the greatest game titles ever.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Went to Game, there are some very odd choices for prices in there. Halo 3 is £2. Banjo Kazooie is £12. Huh? Ended up realising that I actually have pretty much every game I've wanted on my Xbox, I don't really need anything else outside of some more recent releases. Hmph.

Only got an hour till work kicks out, my ME3 hype meter is rising...

Anyone else in here do Computer Science? Discrete mathematics is really getting me down. Shit is difficult, especially induction, it's horrible.

I did. They suck for a while but once you get used to them they're alright. The problem is that by the time you've learned the stuff, you'll probably never use it again.

leadbelly

Banned
Winner of most Mancunian game of the year

It actually makes my game idea sound quite good. I've mentioned this before in the gaming section.

I had an idea for a new Wii game. It was going to be called, "Watching paint dry". Basically you have to guess when the paint is fully dry. It could be 10 minutes, it could be 3 hours, there is no reference to judge by. You use the wiimote as like your virtual finger. Pushing forward on the wiimote makes the finger touch the wall. If there is paint on your finger it is game over. The trouble is, it is gloss so it isn't easily discernible.

lol

OMG! What diabolical human being would steal grandma's hotpot recipe? :O

Or did they? Maybe it ends in an anti-climatic way with it being in her clothes pocket all along.

"The mystery of the missing hotpot recipe".

That has got to be one the greatest game titles ever.

"Just an incredible game really, i love coronation street and the graphics make it seem so real. Definite 5 stars from me!"

Went to Game, there are some very odd choices for prices in there. Halo 3 is £2. Banjo Kazooie is £12. Huh? Ended up realising that I actually have pretty much every game I've wanted on my Xbox, I don't really need anything else outside of some more recent releases. Hmph.

Only got an hour till work kicks out, my ME3 hype meter is rising...

I have 2 hours left. And I can't be bothered to do any more work today. This afternoon is dragging by so bloody slowly. Really wish I could just leave now, go to Game on Oxford St and have a look if there's anything worth having.

Need to be entertained!!!!!!!!!!

leadbelly

Banned
"Just an incredible game really, i love coronation street and the graphics make it seem so real. Definite 5 stars from me!"

lol

"Excellent game. Although, I think Joe is having an affair. Nothing is said in the game, but I can just tell. Something about the way he is acting and the expression on his face. It made me so angry that I deducted a point. However, if I turn out to be wrong (which often I am not) I'll give it 5 stars."

P.s. I just made that review up

If I'm going to University in September would I be able to claim jobseekers allowance now, before I go? I just got laid off which ruined all my plans for saving up money for Uni. =/

Yup, but the very second you start uni, you can't claim, even during summer holidays when you have no income.

leadbelly

Banned
"I enjoyed this game but I couldn't help but feel that the egregious shots of Betty's breasts and bearded clam were unnecessary and vulgar".

4 Stars.

lol

Add it.

You know, I thought I was registered already on Game, but I don't seem to be. I could've sworn I bought a game from there once.

Edit: Seems the reviews are moderated as it doesn't show up. :/

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Got ME3 from HMV. 40 quid.

Also popped into GAEM to see what I could scrounge - picked up AssCreedRev for £20.

Smashin.

I also picked up a little somethin' extra, but its a secret.

FreeMufasa

ME3 came for me today from my LoveFilm sub. Service is great. I only pay £10 a month and get 2 discs at home. This month so far i've had SSX, Binary Domain and now ME3.

I'll probably cancel it after April though.

Suairyu

Banned
ITV Player is the buggiest piece of shite ever. iPlayer and 4OD work perfectly. Why can't ITV get their shit together? Just had to abort watching Celebrity Juice.

ME3 came for me today from my LoveFilm sub. Service is great. I only pay £10 a month and get 2 discs at home. This month so far i've had SSX, Binary Domain and now ME3.

I'll probably cancel it after April though.
Yeah I can't say enough good things about LoveFiLM. Get to "try before I buy" all my games purchases, without the piracy that typically goes with it. And given the length of most modern games, I don't even have to buy afterwards.

Finish Yakuza 2 and Red Dead Redemption in a week with the service. Access to all the films online is class too.

CHEEZMO™;35877641 said:
If you're avatar is accurate you probably scare everyone away with the lip licking anyway.

Fuck you Keith Lemon is great and you will never amount to anything near the greatness he has achieved. You're a Corden at best.

:/

It's empty humour. It's Bo Selecta in a panel show format. Serious question: do you hate yourself? I'm no scientist, but if I had to predict the percentage of people who frequently watch Celebrity Juice who also have deeply suppressed self-loathing, I'd say it's somewhere in the mid-80s.

It's proof that ITV hates people, basically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom