• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is "empty humour" - humour you don't like?

It feels lazy! It's kinda referential and kinda crass and, well, it's like they put as little effort in as possible. With most comedy I've seen I can tell that the people who made it at least believe in their material, but Celebrity Juice feels like they just slapped together stuff to appeal to the widest possible audience, a real lowest-common-dominator show. That's not to say that accessible, super-mainstream shows are all uniformly terrible- the opposite is true, I love most of the BBC's old sitcoms and the like- but they often are clearly made by people who have passion for their craft. I get nothing like that out of tripe like Celebrity Juice.

I don't like the comedy, obviously. But I often find myself laughing at Family Guy, yet I don't watch that for similar reasons- it rubs me totally the wrong way, when it's over. (Also, the Keith Lemon character is completely obnoxious and devoid of any likable trait, but I guess that's 100% subjective.)

If you like it, more power to you, I suppose. If I were to start being an total arse to people over whether or not they like Celebrity fucking Juice, well, I think I'd be the biggest shit around in my neck of the woods.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Kent are you on your way to becoming a born again Christian because I couldn't handle that.

God is bullshit so no lol.

That mdma/meph come down really fucked my mood over for a few days.

Now i'm just sober enjoying life. Great music is playing right now.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nByi4rkoI4M

this song gave me euphoria

edit im looking into my body building mirror (got it near my PC desk) dancing while sitting down. All these years i have been looking down on people who practice sober living at the weekend.

Suairyu

Banned
Now i'm just sober enjoying life. Great music is playing right now.
FUCK it's these phrases that have me worried, man. "I'm just high on life!"

yeah, you're more healthy but saying such stuff makes you sound like a nob.

Be sober but don't be a nob. Do this for me, kp.

Kentpaul

FUCK it's these phrases that have me worried, man. "I'm just high on life!"

yeah, you're more healthy but saying such stuff makes you sound like a nob.

Be sober but don't be a nob. Do this for me, kp.

i may come across as a nob but im really just a dude looking in the mirror dancing around/forum/facebook/music on my pc screen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=27AXunGRo5E&list=FLpZ6zSJJ5oImW3lKfKrjSrg&index=34&feature=plpp_video

also by sober i mean i had a coffee at 10oclock and il smoke some weed around midnight :p just in a great mood right now man :) REMEMBER WE USED TO PLAY TOGETHER. I'm starting to see like how being sober at the weekend aint as horrible as i thought it was going to be

also Suairyu i can never take the high path lol last week i locked my self in a nightclub cubicle and went to town on a bag of MKAT! walked out like neo from the matrix!

edit loving my new avatar guys, fuck the haters part 3 was great

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
That reminds me - got lost in the fucking Arndale today. Walked in a circle three fucking times before I decided to check the map for the place I was looking for.

Suairyu

Banned
yeah, i gotta be the only person on earth who loves the third part, Vincent FTW.
No, it's a good film. It's only problem is that it isn't as good as the second film, which in turn wasn't as good as the first film.

People take their disappointment with the third film and convert it into "god what a shitty trainwreck".

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™;35887892 said:
That reminds me - got lost in the fucking Arndale today. Walked in a circle three fucking times before I decided to check the map for the place I was looking for.

You got lost in the Arndale? :p

Kentpaul

last time i looked at the clock it was 1am, now its 1.23am.. fucking internet is so good.

I love the internet.

Suairyu

Banned
fucking hate the internet. i have things i could be doing like playing videogames, watching movies or working on my coding but i don't because i can waste time accomplishing nothing on GAF.

CHEEZMO™;35888813 said:
I'm here for another 3 hours duckbitch.
talk to me like that more you're turning me on.

Kentpaul

fucking hate the internet. i have things i could be doing like playing videogames, watching movies or working on my coding but i don't because i can waste time accomplishing nothing on GAF.

talk to me like that more you're turning me on.

i'm the same, about 2 hours ago i was ready to play some BF3.

guys shake your arms about really fast they go like jelly and your hands tingle a little when your finished.

Y'know the way we have Knighthoods in this country?

I feel as though the wider world should create some kind of super-equivalent and give the very first one to Meat Loaf.

hppp7.jpg

Suairyu

Banned
I'm actually wanting a meal now. I woke up at 2pm, had breakfast, have had dinner but obviously now need a third meal.

Some wine would go down good as well.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
so guys why are you on GAF posting at 1am?

Nothing else to do. Actually, that's a lie. I have several games I could be playing, movies I could be watching, books I could be reading, I could be relearning some things I've forgotten, or I could just be sleeping. I'm pretty tired and yet here I am.

Kentpaul

I'm actually wanting a meal now. I woke up at 2pm, had breakfast, have had dinner but obviously now need a third meal.

Some wine would go down good as well.

go and open a bottle of wine.

some of my best drunk times were drinking at odd times on the internet.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
so guys why are you on GAF posting at 1am?

Cos it's Friday night duckie! My friday is always missus in bed at 11 (since she has work tomorrow) and then I fuck around for a bit and then listen to weekend confirmed with a few beers until about 2. Usually in bed between 2 and 4 on a weekend, it's prime gaming/podcast/mucky site time.

Kentpaul

Cold donner meat + cold curry sauce + cold chips wrapped in a cold naan = fucking awesome explosion of greatness in my mouth.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Watching always sunny on Netflix.

I watched the first ep of this the other day and it was great, I need more. Almost finished with IT Crowd for the first time too. Soooooo good!

Been playing a shit ton of ME3 tonight. GODAMN that may be the best game I have played for many years. So slick, so rewarding for the wait. I am like a pig in shit this weekend.

Kentpaul

I watched the first ep of this the other day and it was great, I need more. Almost finished with IT Crowd for the first time too. Soooooo good!

Been playing a shit ton of ME3 tonight. GODAMN that may be the best game I have played for many years. So slick, so rewarding for the wait. I am like a pig in shit this weekend.

No man, ME1 is the only good ME game.

it was agreed on in this very thread yesterday.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Cold donner meat + cold curry sauce + cold chips wrapped in a cold naan = fucking awesome explosion of greatness in my mouth.

Who the hell sells donner meat/kebabs and curry sauce in the same shop? Curry sauce is strictly the domain of chinese or chip shops.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
No man, ME1 is the only good ME game.

it was agreed on in this very thread yesterday.

Have you played ME3 yet? You may well lose bladder control. It is just that good. They fixed so much that they broke in number 2 and then they added so much more beyond. When the first real mission is you, Kaidan (or Ashley I guess) and Liara you know you are home again.

Kentpaul

Who the hell sells donner meat/kebabs and curry sauce in the same shop? Curry sauce is strictly the domain of chinese or chip shops.

Indian curry sauce man, its not the same sauce your thinking about.

This stuff has leaves n shit in it, tasty stuff.

img_38061.jpg

looks like that a little.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Indian curry sauce man, its not the same sauce your thinking about.

This stuff has leaves n shit in it, tasty stuff.

looks like that a little.

But that's like a real curry, not the fake powder stuff. God, I remember places in Preston offering real donner curries.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
you gotta see how bored im getting, im looking in the mirror in the dark then looking away really fast over and over, shit looks like im another person.

Scary shit. I may start browsing some creepy pasta sites

I hate that shit when I walk into the bathroom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom