• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Airport might be decent last-resort option I guess. Just buy some food and drink beforehand.

Make sure you drink that before going through.

WHSmith's has an offer where they give you a free bottle of water when you buy a newspaper. I think it was the telegraph. Kind of handy for all Ryanair customers.

SmokyDave

I feel like re-heated shit today. Had a really late night and decided that I should make myself a 15" garlic bread with pepperoni and cheese at 4am. Used a full pack of pepperoni and a full pack of cheese. Feel really sick this morning.

On the plus side, I've got tickets to see Joan Baez in a couple of weeks, so that's nice.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
Off work till next Tuesday, a trip to benidorm in a few days.

I really have found success in life and the posters of neogaf have seen me go from a dole fiend to a proud working man. I am glad to been a service. I am the template to success.

I feel like re-heated shit today. Had a really late night and decided that I should make myself a 15" garlic bread with pepperoni and cheese at 4am. Used a full pack of pepperoni and a full pack of cheese. Feel really sick this morning.

On the plus side, I've got tickets to see Joan Baez in a couple of weeks, so that's nice.

Once on the lips forever on the hips as they say

My problem with nightlife if London is the lack of benches. Since most are located in parks and squares they are closed off. And if the argument against them is tramps just stick some separators between the seats. Sometimes you just want to sit down when you've ordered a late night takeaway.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hmCoCTPWP-I

just sit on the sidewalk and eat if your out drinking then it should be a problem.

Glasgow city centre has lots of benches :)

Suairyu

Banned
Actually looking at the cost of the express train (£20!!) I think airport (Stansted) might be the best/cheapest option. I get into London Victoria at 2155 so I'm probably best just going to Liverpool St and catching the night coach for £8.50, right?

Haha. At Uni my mate once got home at 4amish absolutely sloshed and thought eating two entire loaves of bread was a good idea.

He woke up with the hugest stomach ache.

SteveWD40

Nothing worse. That feeling when you wake up, you have been digesting it all night so not slept properly, your mouth / teeth feel like they are coated in shit.

Also, wtf at portion control you mentalist! a whole block or one of those packs of slices?

Clean your teeth about 6 times, moutwash, floss etc... and drink about 2 litres of water.

I came home drunk at 5am on sunday morning and decided to cook a shitty tesco frozen pizza for myself. Covered the thing in salami and cream cheese cause it seemed like a good idea at the time. In my drunken state, it tasted amazing but I'm fairly sure I'm still digesting it today.

SmokyDave

I really have found success in life and the posters of neogaf have seen me go from a dole fiend to a proud working man. I am glad to been a service. I am the template to success.
So proud. I get choked up just thinking about it.
Once on the lips forever on the hips as they say
Nah, I have the metabolism of an athlete. I've slid from 6-pack to 'just' a flat stomach over the last 5 years though and that's worrying.

Nothing worse. That feeling when you wake up, you have been digesting it all night so not slept properly, your mouth / teeth feel like they are coated in shit.

Also, wtf at portion control you mentalist! a whole block or one of those packs of slices?

Clean your teeth about 6 times, moutwash, floss etc... and drink about 2 litres of water.
Yup. Such a schoolboy error. I got up late too and now I'm just sitting in a puddle of pepperoni grease that all the showers in the world can't reach.

It was a whole pack of Cathedral City and 2 packs of Sainsburys 'Be A Fat Bastard' German Pepperoni. Oh god, I'm going to heave...

I came home drunk at 5am on sunday morning and decided to cook a shitty tesco frozen pizza for myself. Covered the thing in salami and cream cheese cause it seemed like a good idea at the time. In my drunken state, it tasted amazing but I'm fairly sure I'm still digesting it today.
I can feel my insides struggling with the beast :(

SteveWD40

It was a whole pack of Cathedral City and 2 packs of Sainsburys 'Be A Fat Bastard' German Pepperoni.

YX4Ak.gif

Has anyone ever been to one of the Taste festivals? My friend is trying to get a group of us to go but I'm not too keen unless they have plenty of free samples. £25 and then paying for food on top seems ridiculous to me, think I was spoilt by the one that was on in Bruges when I was there. No entry fee, only had to pay for the tokens.

Meadows

Banned
Taste of London?

Didn't know they'd be attempting to serve gang crime, pollution and disappointment as dishes.

Should be interesting.

phisheep

NeoGAF's Chief Barrister
Forget London, fly out to Cyprus on the cheap and go to one of the wine festivals. Or several. Wonderful.

LOL. Guess I need to go to Manchester on a nice day sometime, it might look better.
Although it would be nice to have a few more focus cities in the UK.

Lol indeed. Give the fuckers more independence and watch them make a mess of it before they come begging for a bailout. Not that I'm against more independence but I do love the delusion on display.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Lol indeed. Give the fuckers more independence and watch them make a mess of it before they come begging for a bailout. Not that I'm against more independence but I do love the delusion on display.

We don't waste all our money on Bolivian modern art festivals.

So despite all that posturing about Manchester being better than London now they want to be more like it? :D

<3

Ianan

Where do you live: Liverpool
Where are you from: Liverpool
University: UCLAN - Studying Games Design
Sports team of choice: Liverpool FC
Current political party of choice: Labor
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Everything except batch, what the fuck is that?
Favourite (current) UK TV show: I.T Crowd
Oasis or Blur: Blur

SteveWD40

You only need to look at Spinningfields to see where Manchester can sometimes do things right:

Open air cinema that also shows sports
Loads of great restaurants, bars and cafes
Huge office buildings, amazing apartments
Almost self contained area
Up market shops

Our council are still retards though, from the parking fee fiasco to inviting 300k Glaswegians into the city for a fucking football match (then fucking that up) they can't really be trusted to do much.

One note is that development has picked up in the city again, more "Beetham" style towers going up (the one near Oxford Road is 3rd done) and St Peters Sq is being re-done, along with the area around Victoria.

GMP > London met though, the riots backed that up 100 fold.

Meadows

Banned
Our council are still retards though, from the parking fee fiasco to inviting 300k Glaswegians into the city for a fucking football match (then fucking that up) they can't really be trusted to do much.

One note is that development has picked up in the city again, more "Beetham" style towers going up (the one near Oxford Road is 3rd done) and St Peters Sq is being re-done, along with the area around Victoria.

GMP > London met though, the riots backed that up 100 fold.

That Rangers match was a fucking embarassment for Glasgow. Bunch of fucking hooligans.

And yeah 17 New Wakefield St is looking good:

6809688914_f66f01372a_b.jpg

6824070972_70858aa404_b.jpg

FreeMufasa

Have you considered going back to education?

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
anyone know why we humans enjoy music so much ?

Shit just releases feel good chemicals through out the body.

also, i think scotland is the most awesome place in the UK

ben_nevis02.jpg

Bo-Locks

Because that totally wouldn't have happened with London within the last 5 years. An independent London would be like Zimbabwe by now if the entire country didn't bail out the banks.

I know that you're defending London (fair enough), but you shouldn't so vehemently defend the political and economic structure of this country. The current set up benefits no one, not even Londoners. Having one square mile in the centre of the fabled City run the entire show is not a good thing at all. Bring on the localism bil.

Meadows

Banned
anyone know why we humans enjoy music so much ?

Shit just releases feel good chemicals through out the body.

also, i think scotland is the most awesome place in the UK

should have posted what your Glasweigen cousins did to Manchester instead:

rangerscleanupMEN_468x311.jpg

rangerscleanupPA_468x307.jpg

rangerscleanupPA_468x339.jpg

just messing, Scotland is lovely, especially Edinburgh

SteveWD40

Yeah the Green Qtr is still unfinished. Essentially if not for the 2008 crash Manchester would be in far better shape as a city already, they lost 4 years due to lack of funding and developers going under.

Nice to see it back on track, needs more 24 hour stuff in the city centre so it doesn't belong to pissheads at the weekend. One thing I will say for London, the centre is much nicer at night, mainly as they have more than just bars/pubs/clubs/eateries open past 8pm.

Edit: I was in town that day, my office was just off Albert Sq, it was a fucking travesty, they were pissing in the street by 11am, the police were outnumbered and walking home through that lot was not fun at all. Nice of Manchester Council to allow the residents who pay their taxes to be intimidated by thugs as they leave their offices.

I don't blame the scum, they can't help being bottomfeeders...they were invited and told big screens would be on for them, why not do it out at Old Trafford or Salford Quays?

Retards

Meadows

Banned
Because that totally wouldn't have happened with London within the last 5 years. An independent London would be like Zimbabwe by now if the entire country didn't bail out the banks.

I know that you're defending London (fair enough), but you shouldn't so vehemently defend the political and economic structure of this country. The current set up benefits no one, not even Londoners. Having one square mile in the centre of the fabled City run the entire show is not a good thing at all. Bring on the localism bil.

Yep!

If there's one thing that I'm glad this government has realised it's that Downing St can't run Manchester for anything. Devolving more power to the city saves central government money and leaves us in charge of our own destiny, with a city-elected mayor in charge.

I hope that the mayor isn't elected based on political party though because it'll be the Labour candidate every year.

Meadows

Banned
Yeah the Green Qtr is still unfinished. Essentially if not for the 2008 crash Manchester would be in far better shape as a city already, they lost 4 years due to lack of funding and developers going under.

Nice to see it back on track, needs more 24 hour stuff in the city centre so it doesn't belong to pissheads at the weekend. One thing I will say for London, the centre is much nicer at night, mainly as they have more than just bars/pubs/clubs/eateries open past 8pm.

Yeah Manchester got hit HARD by the 2008 crash, especially the banking sector that the city was growing.

Plus we were going to have a new biggest tower, but the crash killed it :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piccadilly_Tower

Inacity_Manchester.jpg

Still, it's my car park of choice for when I drive into Manc! £3.50 for 10 hours, can't say fairer than that!

Meadows

Banned
CHEEZMO&#8482;;35954334 said:

You should open up a shop in Manchester lad. Something in Afflecks.

Should I make a Manchester thread? There's one for Chicago/LA/NYC. Don't want to fill this thread with Manchester stuff too much.

Yay or nay?

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan

Should I make a Manchester thread? There's one for Chicago/LA/NYC. Don't want to fill this thread with Manchester stuff too much.

Yay or nay?

lol, I think that would be a bit out of my league. The fuck would I sell anyway?

And I'd go with nah. Everyone else talks about their cities in here so why exclude the best?

And I still have no fucking Boddies. Too lazy to go buy some myself.

Yeah Manchester got hit HARD by the 2008 crash, especially the banking sector that the city was growing.

Plus we were going to have a new biggest tower, but the crash killed it :(

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Piccadilly_Tower

Inacity_Manchester.jpg

Still, it's my car park of choice for when I drive into Manc! £3.50 for 10 hours, can't say fairer than that!

I always park on the print works even though it's about £8000 an hour.

By the way, best car park in England is Liverpool one, it's posher than my house!

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy

Yay or nay?

the difference is that there's no US-GAF megathread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom