• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yen

Beyond shit now :\

I still have fond(ish) memories of another historical park which I think was in Omagh too but is now closed down, but I can't for the life of me remember the name of it.

She said doing it somewhere near where there is traffic as you generally get more money off people in cars apparently. I was hoping it would just be in town and I could dander off...
Ulster History Park, I have vague memories of it being good.

Fur_Q

Seeing a gaffer in real life would be akin to breaking the fourth wall, I imagine. There are so many collections, I know where you'll be stuck! Costs me a bloody fortune.

Pretty much, seeing SmokyDaves avatar and reading his god honest posts which are pretty much on the button (as far as i'm concerned) everyfuckingday makes me never want to meet him.

Destroy the fantasy maaan. I can imagine him being Trigger in person.

Probably why he has 'Dave' as his name.

kharma45

Ulster History Park, I have vague memories of it being good.

THAT'S THE ONE!

I just have an image in my head from when I was wee of this tower

ulster_history_park_800x600.jpg

Pity it's closed, wouldn't mind a trip around it.

Seems I'm not the only one wanting a trip to it

Is the The Ulster History Park still open? - Yahoo Answers

Jburton

Banned
O2 is fine in very rural Tyrone.

Thats a fine county is Tyrone, plenty of good people out there.

Antrim man myself, although living in Down at the moment.

3 reception ain't bad in Bangor, used for a year until I moved into my current flat and got a landline for internet.

Used to be able to play xbox live through when the weather wasn't too bad.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
I've been wasting money on a 3 tariff that barely works. Calls drop and I have constant dns errors between mid day and mid night. All this because 3 have been carrying out mast upgrades that they never warned me about.

If they push back the work completion date again, what are my rights relating to ending my contract? Surrendering my phone is no problem and I'm tired of filling out online job applications at 2am.

Bumping. Really need UK GAF advice on what I need to do and say when negotiating leaving my contract. I don't think this will be fixed and I'm struggling to afford things anyway.

Dropped calls and...
Error 101 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_RESET): The connection was reset.
Error 105 (net::ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED): Unable to resolve the server's DNS address.
Error 118 (net::ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT): The operation timed out.

1838474198.png

It's this bad in afternoons and evenings. The week I got this phone the shop assistant was getting 5mbps+ speeds. And no, I refuse to use KCOM.

An independence movement? bail out.jpg
Hmmm sort of. The North will be governed by the the same rules as the UK thread. Whilst the ROI posters will have their independence and own rules. We'll all post in the same place, sometimes we'll fight, but most of the time we'll get on. If the her majesty decides to post the ROI guys will probably be happy enough and if the Supreme Pontiff wants to post that's fine with me.
3AQmK.gif

Edit: but we have a ban on Rangers and Celtic shirts.

Desmond

Hmmm sort of. The North will be governed by the the same rules as the UK thread. Whilst the ROI posters will have their independence and own rules. We'll all post in the same place, sometimes we'll fight, but most of the time we'll get on. If the her majesty decides to post the ROI guys will probably be happy enough and if the Supreme Pontiff wants to post that's fine with me.
3AQmK.gif

Edit: but we have a ban on Rangers and Celtic shirts.

No Problem, they're both shit, the majority of their fans too.

Just realised the "New iPad" (terrible name) is out. Not remotely bothered with Apple stuff, and have zero interest in tablets full stop. But articles about people camping out for days to get these things always give me a good laugh. Don't get me wrong, I don't begrudge these people their purchase. But if you're going to queue for days on end to get the latest piece of hardware I think there is some serious life re-evaluation needed.

article-2115333-12304914000005DC-91_634x416.jpg

Jesus, this guy looks like he's just lifted the F.A. Cup
KuGsj.gif

article-2115333-1232E390000005DC-883_306x407.jpg

Mr. Sam

Does Amazon not do release day delivery or something? No, I have no clue about such things. Yes, I am a poor student who's not really concerned with the latest Apple product, much as I'd like to be.

All Apple-maniacs seem to look the same. Thick, wavy hair, a wool hat, checkered shirt and a satchel.
Anybody queuing for days outside any shop for a piece of technology short of a time machine looks like one thing... a massive twat.

Got to give it to Apple though, that business/marketing.

Nah, even queuing for a time machine they'd look like a twat, because time machines will be expensive so any normal person that could actually afford one would just pay to have the fucking thing delivered straight to their house.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
Really dont know whether I should apply for this BAE thing.

Mentioned tests including colour perception and such. Biggest single thing turning me off.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™;36101723 said:
Really dont know whether I should apply for this BAE thing.

Mentioned tests including colour perception and such. Biggest single thing turning me off.

What have you got to lose? Also, would you mind linking me to this possible opportunity?

Also WTF 3 MOBILE - It's midnight, get your shit together!

1838646235.png

Need to cancel this damn thing...

Songbird

Prodigal Son
CHEEZMO™;36102576 said:
Dont really have a website on hand. Got given a photocopy of something at Remploy today. Not checked into it seriously yet.

I don't want to push it on you, but it sounds like a good opportunity. I know BAE at Brough closed...but it's provable experience.

CHEEZMO™

Obsidian fan
My 'rents are going to Benidorm for a week in June.

Going without me though. Gonna be at home on my own for a week ._.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom