• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UK/R.O.I GAF - Thread of geopolitical confusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
When he uses big papers (e.g. king size silver Rizlas) its all good, but when he tries to use 3 small Rizlas (cigarette ones, e.g. green) it doesn't turn out great.

This.

With the 3 small ones you have to lick them together creating room for error. The big rolling skins are perfection with grinded weed I can put together a joint in a minute. Stop all this joint talk guys I still have a few hours of work left

Nevasleep

Anybody here paying £10 a month for Sky Unlimited BB??
Well if you go onto MySky, you can renew it for another 12 months at £7.50

Where do you live: Waterford, Ireland
Where are you from: Waterford, Ireland
University: University of Limerick (didn't work out), hopefully Waterford College of Further Education (got an interview next week)
Sports team of choice: Munster Rugby
Current political party of choice: They're all a shower of wankers
Barm, batch, cob or bun: Blaa http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blaa
Favourite (current) UK TV show: Doctor Who
Oasis or Blur: If I was pushed, I'd say Oasis

Kentpaul

I get my socks from Jd sports. White sports socks all the way (black dressy socks when im wearing my dancing shoes. After 2 hours of bullshit my girlfriend scored the weed. Going to watch that BBc Jewish drug runner documenty And get baked after my work!

Kentpaul

Kentpaul what happened to sober living?

My holiday to spain happened lol, plus man weed makes people more sober than soberness it's self. The brain has thc receptors just for awesome weed. One more thing id always buy 6 packs just to chill with iv put a stop to that and now only drink on social occasions (every Friday) FTw how's ur glasses of wine with food in the middle of the night coming along ?

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Just got back from a 6:30-1:30 shift at work, and doing 11:00-01:30 on Saturday. Gonna be fucking painful but at least I get to watch the footy and get some money for the easter holiday.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Final day of work experience. This is probably where the joy dies and the "I'm still not any closer to a job!" kicks in.

Talking of closeness to a job, I received feedback on my last application. They had two posts available. I came in third. Even worse they had a third post but lost it (budget reasons probably).

SKINNER!

Banned
Weekend is here. What is everyone up to?
Its a rest weekend for me. Spent all of last weekend trekking around England meeting friends and watching the rugby at random bars. I figured I'd have a quiet one this weekend and just play Mass Effect 3 and watch films.

Kentpaul

Its a rest weekend for me. Spent all of last weekend trekking around England meeting friends and watching the rugby at random bars. I figured I'd have a quiet one this weekend and just play Mass Effect 3 and watch films.

I'm going out for some food with my girl then just going to have a few bottles of bud weiser and a spliff. I was meant to be going to a friends but we all know nothing good every comes out of going to a friends house and getting shitfaced.

That weed i got last night broke me right on through to the other side lol good stuff. I was watching a charles manson documentary and the story just kept getting more complex to the point roman polanski wife was involved. I always thought charles manson was some sort of sick serial killer type dude not a hippie kingpin.

Glad i watched it, it really gave me a better knowledge about entire situation.

oh wow. Looks like how I used to play battlefield...

It looks like how i used to play before i got the Joystick.

I've got Breaking Bad series 3 to session.

Entire show is great i love the dark humour and walts mangodness.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Kickboxing, washing clothes, go to the zoo and continue watching The X-Files with my girlfriend. Since she was forced to study by her parents she missed all the good 90s shows and I'm enjoying rewatching them with her.

Songbird

Prodigal Son
Washing, cleaning, job applications, calling mum. Just another day really.

Oh and bad luck BGBW, best wishes in your hunt. Still super jealous of Suairyu!

Kentpaul

Kickboxing, washing clothes, go to the zoo and continue watching The X-Files with my girlfriend. Since she was forced to study by her parents she missed all the good 90s shows and I'm enjoying rewatching them with her.

The wire and the xfiles are the only two shows i can't get my girlfriend into. Fuck i even managed to get her into the shield.

Washing, cleaning, job applications, calling mum. Just another day really.

Why ?, Its common knowledge the only way you can find a job is by having someone you know already work there and put your number right to the boss. Even if your application managed to get in the top 100 in the pile of application forms the boss will just take someone on he's been recommended by a family/friend.

Out on the piss with mates tonight and the London gaf meet up tomorrow. Then buggering off to Southampton for a week to study/take exams.

Is the sopranos actually any good? I have season 1 sitting on dvd somewhere but never watched it. I remember watching an episode a few years ago and didn't like it but I think I'm willing to try it out again.

Is the sopranos actually any good? I have season 1 sitting on dvd somewhere but never watched it. I remember watching an episode a few years ago and didn't like it but I think I'm willing to try it out again.

Sopranos was great. Just behind The Wire and Six Feet Under for me.

Disclaimer: I've not yet watched The Shield, Deadwood or Breaking Bad.

Kentpaul

I'm using The Sopranos to lube up the missus ready for The Wire. I will force-feed her decent TV if it kills me.

mine loved the sopranos we made it to season 6 and stopped watching for some reason (i think we started dexter around that time)

but fuck the sopranos is such a relaxing show, love the episode with tony and meadow? on the road.

Its the slow start to the wire i think that put her off.

I'm going though it right now. Currently on the 6th Season. I think #4 was my favourite.

Kentpaul

anyone here like Rescue me ? I think its underrated and the self destructive guy its based around is awesome. Show has some great drama and dark humour. Think of along the lines of breaking bad but not as good.

industrian

The wire and the xfiles are the only two shows i can't get my girlfriend into. Fuck i even managed to get her into the shield.

My girlfriend tends to be fairly open to my music, video and gaming tastes.

We watched the X-Men Animated Series before this, and she watches The Walking Dead as well.

I figure a rewatch of Battlestar Galactica may be after the X-Files. But I'm open to other ideas, as long as I can find them with Chinese subtitles.

I'm 34 today, but I refuse to let anyone at work know.

I mean, it's my birthday so I have to buy everyone else cakes - what kind of twisted, fucked-up logic is that!?

I shall not participate in such lunacy.

Salazar

Just had to hire a suit.

Lovely bloke doing the measurements. I could have pulled a revolver on him and he would have been gracious about it.

SmokyDave

Just had to hire a suit.

Lovely bloke doing the measurements. I could have pulled a revolver on him and he would have been gracious about it.

Sounds like class all round. That's a rather gentlemanly way of holding someone up.

Did he ask you which way you 'dressed'?

industrian

You should have saved time and money and just bought one at Matalan. £40 the last time I checked.

Kentpaul

I don't have a suit. I just shirt and tie special occasions. Girlfriends taking me to this food place she enjoys later so i'm skipping breakfast so i enjoy it allot more. Today will be a day of feast/beer. Sorry guys i may have to leave this thread and check into the drunk thread after my 6th bud wiser (I wont be drinking to later, my girlfriend has a spinning class at 5) I may open a beer and chill with it playing battlefield 3 (i may not)

industrian

I always promised myself I'd get fitted for my own suit in Asia, but my weight keeps fluctuating too much. When I get myself down to a maintainable size I'll do it then.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.

I mean, it's my birthday so I have to buy everyone else cakes - what kind of twisted, fucked-up logic is that!?

I brought in cakes for my birthday and I think as a result others feel obliged to do the same. Well it was fun making cakes to take in and seeing how well received they were.

SmokyDave

I don't have a suit. I just shirt and tie special occasions. Girlfriends taking me to this food place she enjoys later so i'm skipping breakfast so i enjoy it allot more. Today will be a day of feast/beer. Sorry guys i may have to leave this thread and check into the drunk thread after my 6th bud wiser (I wont be drinking to later, my girlfriend has a spinning class at 5) I may open a beer and chill with it playing battlefield 3 (i may not)

I honestly don't know how you do it. The last thing on my mind when I'm drunk is posting on GAF.

Pretty much every post I make after 6pm is under the influence of weed though.

I always promised myself I'd get fitted for my own suit in Asia, but my weight keeps fluctuating too much. When I get myself down to a maintainable size I'll do it then.

I've gotten suits tailored in HK and Mumbai. It's incredible how much better a properly tailored suit fits and looks. Once you've got a constant size go straight to Asia. I cannot recommend it enough.

I brought in cakes for my birthday and I think as a result others feel obliged to do the same. Well it was fun making cakes to take in and seeing how well received they were.

Everywhere I've worked has done it. I don't feel obligated though as I never partake when it's others birthdays.

I have better things to waste my time and money on.

I don't deal with birthdays well.

Salazar

He did not. The lads in before me were suiting up for a court date.

I might buy the suit when I'm done with it. See how the night turns out and whether or not it is lucky.

Subject of fashion: back page of The Times. Why the fuck has Stella McCartney put a belt around a tracksuit.

Sounds like class all round. That's a rather gentlemanly way of holding someone up.

Growing up I always used to dress to the right but since my late teens/early twenties I've dressed to the left.

Just in case anybody was wondering.

SteveWD40

Only a Flintlock would have been classier...

25-02-2010-hes-a-dandy-highway-man.jpg

I really must dress as a Dandy Highwayman one of these days.

Edit: left here too, as in my left.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned

Happy birthday you old misery guts. Think about the cake rule - you buy cake once a year, but you get FREE CAKE however many times a year you have colleagues. I get free cake about 7 times a year. And as a double bonus, I never work my birthday (they're depressing enough!) so I often get away with not having to do the cake thing.

Fucking A.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom