• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT| of 9 Years Urley

Status
Not open for further replies.
striKeVillain! said:
Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom is tomorrow too. I wonder what version of the game they'll have?
Hopefully its the final game. I wanna see some sick Rocket Raccoon, Nova and Phoenix Wright action to keep the hype boiling in my blood for the next week.

Grecco

striKeVillain! said:
Ultimate Norcal vs Capcom is tomorrow too. I wonder what version of the game they'll have?

They said last week it was final.

anyways watching that fanatiq video, what is chicken guarding?

I wonder what the sales expectations will be, with so many popular titles coming out right now?
I hope Capcom can do some good-looking female DCL chars (Cammy, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost etc). I'll buy it ASAP, at that point.
Can anyone tell me if Sabretooth is still relevant in the Marvel universe? He was always my favorite character.

ReiGun

Hoya Destroyer said:
I wonder what the sales expectations will be, with so many popular titles coming out right now?
I hope Capcom can do some good-looking female DCL chars (Cammy, Psylocke, Scarlet Witch, Emma Frost etc). I'll buy it ASAP, at that point.
Can anyone tell me if Sabretooth is still relevant in the Marvel universe? He was always my favorite character.
Sabretooth has been dead for a while, though I think he's coming back.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Question: Has anyone ever told you you look like Dave Chappelle?
Fanatiq: N**** I'll kill you.

*dead*

Ask Fanatiq is AWESOME. Way better than that Why We Hate You trash, it's so clean and straight to the point. Lol @ Fanatiq not being able to do SRK motions on stick. Hailstorm XFC into combo while the X-Factored hailstorm is still out is gonna be ridiculous.

Kinda contradictory saying the game is figured out though and he went on in the previous vid to talk about how new tech is constantly popping up forever though, but I guess he's referring specifically to mechanics.

Does Fanatiq play piano as his job?

Hoya Destroyer said:
Capcom expects under a million. UMvC3 was not listed as a major, 1 million+ selling title in their forecasts.

Neki

gonna have to find a new team for tron. any suggestions? I don't think Ammy/Sent is going to work anymore. :(

I'm fine with that, as long as folks realize I will be removing them promptly after the invite.
I hope you didn't remove me. :(

Moaradin

I've been watching MvC3 tournaments all year and they have been the most hype consistently. I've never played MvC before, but I do consider myself pretty decent at SF. So tell me Marvel-Gaf, how hard is it getting into UMvC coming from SF?

Grecco

Moaradin said:
I've been watching MvC3 tournaments all year and they have been the most hype consistently. I've never played MvC before, but I do consider myself pretty decent at SF. So tell me Marvel-Gaf, how hard is it getting into UMvC coming from SF?

Shouldnt be too hard if you have a SF base to go from.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Moaradin said:
PRESS BUTTONS AND WIN
easier than coming into the game raw, but the game is still hard, playing with people your level wont make you want to kill yourself though.

I hope you didn't remove me. :(
I don't think I did. I do regular cleanings and delete anyone whose name I don't recognize. People with differing PSN IDs and screennames on GAF/SRK/GFAQs tend to get deleted.

gonna have to find a new team for tron. any suggestions? I don't think Ammy/Sent is going to work anymore. :(
Do you want her to compliment the team, or for the team to compliment her?

shaowebb

Enzo_GT said:
iYjhkYO9qhGVL.png

Holy shit OT of the forever Enzo! That image of me as your spokesman for joining Mahvel-GAF made my day.

Thanks for including my survey results as your final link too. That shit took a lot and I still have a few stats to include in it as well about assists and character usefulness. Correlation stats will be added if they amount to anything more serious than people vote for their favorites.

Yay new thread day.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Moaradin said:
Guess no one reads the OT after all! :p :

I'm new to MvC3 and/or the MvC franchise. Where do I get up to speed?
You've missed a lot my friend. For a fantastic write up on the history of the MvC franchise, check out Gamesradar's feature here. For gameplay mechanics, look no further than the OT for MvC3. For everything else, Shoryuken.com's Hyper Guide and character forums are ideal references.

If your into the nitty gritty of how the game evolved through professional tournaments in it's short lifespan, check out Dahbomb's Statistical Analysis of Tournament Character Usage.

---

As your first Mahvel game, prepare for insane amounts of frustration and salt until you realize "cheap" tactics run shit and you have to be constantly aware of your weaknesses or else your gonna get opened up FREE. I hope your not too comfortable with the pace of SF matches either, because two dimensional footsies and thinking at about 5x the speed is what your gonna have to do. If you plan to get super duper serious, buy the UMvC3 guide NOW. It is an essential, and you'll have trouble finding it a few weeks from now.

Also, practice with GAFers. It's the final step in the logical progression of improving yourself: getting matchup experience, getting countered, and finding ways to counter those counters. And don't feel intimidated either. There are some super high level GAFers, but people everywhere inbetween, on both consoles. At the top you have people like QisTopTier/Ultimoo/Karsticles/Smurfx (who's beaten a lot of the big names over XBL) and at the bottom you have me. I'm literally the worst Marvel player on 360GAF and have the losses to prove it, so if anything you can bully me. I can't even do proper mid-screen OTG setups :D

the chris said:
Good OP enzo, however to put my nerd hat on for a second Mark Brooks is a Marvel artist not a Capcom artist.
Derp! The original article for the art misled me.

shaowebb

For those interested there is a midnight release for UMVC3 at Gamestops nationwide in the US. I'll be getting mine at one that night. Also please God anyone tell me how they felt about the results of my survey sometime. Doesn't matter when or what your thoughts are its just that took a shitload of work and bad thread timing means I'll likely get no feedback now that the OT went up early :(

Great |OT| though. Good job Enzo

Karst you were not kidding when you said there is like no one talking about Firebrand on SRK xD
Despite being the first character released, he's the least talked about - lol. That's why I say that people won't pick him up. Even though people recognized he was strong early on, his aesthetic really does not please most people. Personally, I love him, especially that mocking little dance he does when idle.

For those interested there is a midnight release for UMVC3 at Gamestops nationwide in the US. I'll be getting mine at one that night. Also please God anyone tell me how they felt about the results of my survey sometime. Doesn't matter when or what your thoughts are its just that took a shitload of work and bad thread timing means I'll likely get no feedback now that the OT went up early :(
Give it two days and re-post. Then, when the game has been out a month, re-post again so we can all laugh at our predictions. I read the whole thing.

Neki

Karsticles said:
I don't think I did. I do regular cleanings and delete anyone whose name I don't recognize. People with differing PSN IDs and screennames on GAF/SRK/GFAQs tend to get deleted.

Do you want her to compliment the team, or for the team to compliment her?

I don't even know if you're on my friends list actually, don't think I've ever added you, lol.

I don't know, I'm thinking of using her on point, but she has so many bad-match ups, so I'm not sure. It's kinda like starting Sent on point. And I don't know how strong her other assists are going to be.

shaowebb

Karsticles said:
Despite being the first character released, he's the least talked about - lol. That's why I say that people won't pick him up. Even though people recognized he was strong early on, his aesthetic really does not please most people. Personally, I love him, especially that mocking little dance he does when idle.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Out of the 25 gaf-ers surveyed here Firebrand ranked 3RD a ton. Even though his tier box says he ranges anywhere between nearly 7th and 3rd which would normally indicate a lot of unsure feelings about his worth his median is maxed out at his tier limit at 3rd place. This means if a little tech is shown he'd probably jump all the way out of his current range and you'd see him shift up to at least LOCK the top 3 range of the new cast. As for the rest of the cast...don't know. But at least out of the new 12 we know he's currently viewed at top 3 and may possibly be set to move up even higher.

I don't even know if you're on my friends list actually, don't think I've ever added you, lol.
Maybe we're not on each others' lists, haha. That might be why I didn't delete you. ;-)

I don't know, I'm thinking of using her on point, but she has so many bad-match ups, so I'm not sure. It's kinda like starting Sent on point. And I don't know how strong her other assists are going to be.
Her boulder toss assist is really solid and underrated. Unlike the point version, it goes full-screen, and it has 10 projectile hit points, which is more than Sentinel Force and Aim Master have - it's worth two Hadokens. Gustaff Fire looks bad now, and the drill pushes your opponent back really far while having a small hitbox, so I don't think it will get you far.

So, start by considering characters that you like and would love a 10 hit point projectile assist? Maybe a character like Hawkeye or Taskmaster, who also help her point abilities.

I wouldn't be so sure of that. Out of the 25 gaf-ers surveyed here Firebrand ranked 3RD a ton. Even though his tier box says he ranges anywhere between nearly 7th and 3rd which would normally indicate a lot of unsure feelings about his worth his median is maxed out at his tier limit at 3rd place. This means if a little tech is shown he'd probably jump all the way out of his current range and you'd see him shift up to at least LOCK the top 3 range of the new cast. As for the rest of the cast...don't know. But at least out of the new 12 we know he's currently viewed at top 3 and may possibly be set to move up even higher.
I think you are misunderstanding me. I know people think he's good. My point was that, despite how good people think he is, no one is interested in him. This conveys how unattractive his aesthetics are.

enzo_gt said:
I'm literally the worst Marvel player on 360GAF and have the losses to prove it, so if anything you can bully me. I can't even do proper mid-screen OTG setups :D

I challenge you for that title.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
shaowebb said:
Me and Karst are talking about SRK not GAF. GAF knows what's up due to the few of us that are using him hyping him up.

rukland

Sweet while the two of you fight over the worst on the 360 side I am going to claim that title for the PSN :)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Karsticles said:
I think you are misunderstanding me. I know people think he's good. My point was that, despite how good people think he is, no one is interested in him. This conveys how unattractive his aesthetics are.
Dude I bet if it was SNES Firebrand people would be all over his ass. Specially if he rocked ultimate demon form.

Neki

if I become a Taskmaster user, I'd become no better than Q. no better.

was thinking about running Firebrand and maybe Nova with him. Who has a beam assist from the new cast? Dr Strange? Firebrand + Tron + someone else with a beam assist. Maybe Vergil, that's kinda like a beam.

shaowebb

Karsticles said:

Ah. Gotcha. Yeah he looks pretty weird and its hard to have a personality when you don't really have a voice that says anything other than "CAAAAAAAAWWWW!!!!!!!!!"

BTW Q your team still scores the cornflakes outta me.

mileS

Long time lurker of the MVC threads, just wanted to pop in and say you did a fantastic job with the OP! love it (I know people get tired of posts like this but who cares)

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Looking for new firebrand art I came across this.

Oh yeah, you really didn’t see this one coming, didn’t you? Red Arremer, also know as Firebrand for the friends and close ones, is one hell of a demon in the most clichéd way imaginable. He is buffed up, he is red, he has massive wings, bracelets with knifes on his wrists, and bands with tacks on his feet; so his work attire pretty much checked every single item on the list of “How to be a Big Demonic Entity 101” This aside, he is an absolute piece of hunk. His chest has the size of three human beings put together and I can only imagine how warm can it be to hug against him. His arms are like trees and I am pretty sure he will crush me like a toothpick, though I will die happy. He is tall like a tower, at least in the versions of him that came after Ghosts and Goblins. And yeah, I will say but not dwell on it, I love his feet. I don’t want to dwell on it because pretty much every character in this list has sexy feet (in my personal opinion that is). All those elements together make of this character a demon I would yearn to get assaulted by and I wouldn’t mind going to the fires of Hell just to have the chance to be pushed against the wall by this stallion.

OMG THIS WHOLE THING IS FUCKING HILARIOUS...
http://awthredestim.blogspot.com/2011/03/videogame-characters-i-have-crush-on.html
I have no words for the amounts of fail I see.

shaowebb said:
BTW Q your team still scores the cornflakes outta me.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1wh4aXh-mBo&feature=related

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Becquerel said:
I challenge you for that title.
Your on 360? :O We should duel!

Also, Q, I have the firebrand art in super fucking high res if you want it. As well as every other piece of character art.

Jintor

Btw enzo, between Australia lag and general incompetance I hereby formally challenge you for the title of worst GAF UMvC3 360 player

ReiGun

My new goal in life is to be the best Hawkeye player ever. No joke. I really want to be good at one of these fightin games one day...

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
enzo_gt said:

Also, Q, I have the firebrand art in super fucking high res if you want it. As well as every other piece of character art.
haha sure send me in pm

Duesy

Grecco said:
They said last week it was final.

anyways watching that fanatiq video, what is chicken guarding?

If I know anything about what i'm saying, maybe I don't, but I believe it is when you hold up and back to jump and block at the same time. This removes the threat of high/low mix-ups and most command grabs.

QisTopTier said:
Looking for new firebrand art I came across this.

He's... pretty spot on though... :3
At least about Firebrand. :p

enzo_gt said:

Yes Sir, I am. I'm currently on forced hiatus because my stick's undergoing repairs - I'm even worse on pad, lul. But we can try; Europe-America lag ftw.

Jintor said:
Btw enzo, between Australia lag and general incompetance I hereby formally challenge you for the title of worst GAF UMvC3 360 player

Seems like it's an international 3-way then!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom