• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey welcome back Karsts.

Wait a FUCKING MINUTE!!! Why is there talk about new Marvel DLC?

Just tell me if there is GENE. That's all that matters to me.
Yes. Give me Gene on the Capcom side, and all X-Men on the Marvel side. Take all my money, even though I don't play the game. Though my Marvel hope does not have any chance of happening.

KARST<3

This thing is so fake but I have absolute faith in it being real.

Marvel
Squirrel Girl
Phylla Vell
Mr. Sinister
Juggernaut

Capcom
Gene
Bad Box Art Megaman
Gill
Rathalos

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
GOD I AM SO HYPED!!!!!!

I BANK ON THIS

Clippy as our Xbox360 exclusive character.

4640.PNG

Azure J

What is this nostalgic feeling I'm experiencing? Are we truly at that point of the Marvel GAF cycle again? Dare I believe once more in Capcom/Niitsuma's team to do me justice? Hope springs eternal indeed.

Capcom

Based Megaman X with Command Mission alt (EXE would be cool too, I'll conceded this much to Enzo :p)
Gene (God Hand)/Tessa (Red Earth)/Rouge (Power Stone)
Nina/Ryu (BoF2)
Jedah/Donovan/Ruby Heart (Darkstalkers)

Marvel

Ms. Mahvel
Doctor Octopus/Green Goblin
*Free Space 1*
*Free Space 2*

Joke pick - Juggernaut for team Juggernaut bitch. (Dante as Ketchup the candy selling stripper, Iron Fist as Jamaican Colors, and Juggernaut as THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH, YOU CAN'T RUN.)

Random one off notes:

- Strange gets a two way air dash
- Zero is actually tamed without going full stupid on nerfs. Also gets a Megaman Zero alt costume.
- She Hulk gets brought back to vanilla levels of awesome
- Hsien-Ko becomes new A tier with cancellable pendulum, command grab remapped to HCB+S (has range and start up between M & H versions of current grab) allowing Gong to be a QCB move, Cr. H OTG that's launcher cancellable, and higher speed/momentum on dashes and their startup.
- [troll] Dante gets Spiral, and a psuedo Bon Voyage like command grab in Crazy Ride similar to how it worked in DMC3 (score a knockdown, jump on top of the opponent, ride them like a skateboard full screen then kick them off at the wall.)[/troll]
- Characters from the OG game get secondary alts, among them are Nun Felicia or Marilyn Monroe Felicia, Chun Li Morrigan, Vanessa J Schnider Jill and many more.

Edit: OH FUCK, GENE. We need some God Hand in this bitch.
Edit 2: Oh man, how did I forget a Ruby Heart mention?

Pretty much why I believe this to be a big fat phony.
352jnj1.jpg

What is this nostalgic feeling I'm experiencing? Are we truly at that point of the Marvel GAF cycle again? Dare I believe once more in Capcom/Niitsuma's team to do me justice? Hope springs eternal indeed.

Capcom

Based Megaman X with Command Mission alt (EXE would be cool too, I'll conceded this much to Enzo :p)
Gene (God Hand)/Tessa (Red Earth)/Rouge (Power Stone)
Nina/Ryu (BoF2)
Jedah/Donovan/Ruby Heart (Darkstalkers)

Marvel

Ms. Mahvel
Doctor Octopus/Green Goblin
*Free Space 1*
*Free Space 2*

Joke pick - Juggernaut for team Juggernaut bitch. (Dante as Ketchup the candy selling stripper, Iron Fist as Jamaican Colors, and Juggernaut as THE JUGGERNAUT BITCH, YOU CAN'T RUN.)

Random one off notes:

- Strange gets a two way air dash
- Zero is actually tamed without going full stupid on nerfs. Also gets a Megaman Zero alt costume.
- She Hulk gets brought back to vanilla levels of awesome
- Hsien-Ko becomes new A tier with cancellable pendulum, command grab remapped to HCB+S (has range and start up between M & H versions of current grab) allowing Gong to be a QCB move, Cr. H OTG that's launcher cancellable, and higher speed/momentum on dashes and their startup.
- [troll] Dante gets Spiral, and a psuedo Bon Voyage like command grab in Crazy Ride similar to how it worked in DMC3 (score a knockdown, jump on top of the opponent, ride them like a skateboard full screen then kick them off at the wall.)[/troll]
- Characters from the OG game get secondary alts, among them are Nun Felicia or Marilyn Monroe Felicia, Chun Li Morrigan, Vanessa J Schnider Jill and many more.

Edit: OH FUCK, GENE. We need some God Hand in this bitch.
Edit 2: Oh man, how did I forget a Ruby Heart mention?
1st RULE: You do not talk about MahvelGAF.

2nd RULE: You DO NOT talk about MahvelGAF.

3rd RULE: If someone says "pendulum cancels" or calls Morrigan OP, posts scans, the game is over.

4th RULE: Only two tier lists to a page.

5th RULE: One wishilist at a time.

6th RULE: No Hsien-Ko buffs, no Ken requests.

7th RULE: Salty runbacks will go on as long as they have to.

And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first night at MahvelGAF, you HAVE to fight.

Dahbomb

I know they have deconfirmed it numerous times... but I hope to god someone from Sengoku Basara makes it in. It's not Mahvel without more sword normal characters...especially those who swing around 6 katana blades like Wolverine swings around his claws.

And yeah keeping my expectations in check. I want a legit source on this before I get hyped.

Zero nerf in coming.

What makes me super sad is that... the X is ripped straight from SFxTekken. :(

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
I know they have deconfirmed it numerous times... but I hope to god someone from Sengoku Basara makes it in. It's not Mahvel without more sword normal characters...especially those who swing around 6 katana blades like Wolverine swings around his claws.

And yeah keeping my expectations in check. I want a legit source on this before I get hyped.

Yeah, I found it strange cednym who just posted it few pages didn't post the source. I assumed that he is one that bring us the information since there is no track of the information on google.

I searched most of MVC3 forums and the rumors apparently started by Cednym. I hope he's right.

Azure J

Zero nerf in coming.

What makes me super sad is that... the X is ripped straight from SFxTekken. :(

It's gonna be such a buzzkill when we find out that some fuck did this for the laughs... Please Lupinko can we get some confirm or deny going?

It's nice to have so many folks welcoming me back. :)

So, since a lot of folks here think Dormammu is top 5-ish, what do you think his nerf(s) should be, if any? Or should other characters just get buffs? I promise not to argue.

Unless you don't want c.L to chain to c.H. Then you can fuck off.

Edit: Evidence in favor of the rumor: the Vita has hitbox display. Capcom has to know that would be an easy bonus to put in with this to encourage purchases. UMvC3 is also the #1 game on GFAQs Vita boards.

kirblar

So, since a lot of folks here think Dormammu is top 5-ish, what do you think his nerf(s) should be, if any? Or should other characters just get buffs? I promise not to argue.

Dorm's a character I would leave completely untouched.

Azure J

I feel bad that I didn't say hi even though my first after hours post was right under yours. :p

That being said, I always prefer characters being buffed to the standard the tops set over being nerfed unless they have some outright stupid shit going on.

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
It's gonna be such a buzzkill when we find out that some fuck did this for the laughs... Please Lupinko can we get some confirm or deny going?

It's more likely to be fake, but I would feel bad for Cednym because people are using him as source.

A private wrestling forum (lol) that I frequent. It's a weird thing to make up, and it looks convincing, but... I don't know. I'm skeptical. I really don't see why Capcom would want to be hanging onto MvC3 still. Surely there's no money in that for them.

Ah, I see. (I can't believe I overlooked this post.)

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
The only thing about Dorm that irritates me is that his teleport seems to be the toughest one to punish due to the slightly longer distance it places him from his opponent compared to other teleports.

But I'm cool with that. Every character should have one little thing that's irritating.

kirblar

The only thing about Dorm that irritates me is that his teleport seems to be the toughest one to punish due to the slightly longer distance it places him from his opponent compared to other teleports.

But I'm cool with that. Every character should have one little thing that's irritating.
I love the "Everyone gets bullshit!" philosophy they used for this game.

Dahbomb

Zero is the only character that deserves direct nerfs. Other changes should be no brainer changes like Phantom Dance cross up, Spencer Up grapple no scaling etc. Most of the changes should be buffs.

I have a separate huge list of buffs needed for some of the characters but since you asked about Dormammu, I don't think he needs any tools taken away from him or anything like that. He needs some of his hit boxes shaved (j.H/j.S pop to mind), probably a life reduction and damage reduction. I think they did an excellent job of buffing Dorm in UMVC3, gave you more incentive to use his tools and better hit confirms but I feel they forgot that Dorm has the most mobility options in the game next to Phoenix while having superior damage and health. And have to agree that his teleport is harder to punish than it should be due to the height.

Top 10 Buff list for UMVC3:X edition:

1) Iron Man - Can act out of ground and air dash immediately. Air dash down forward sped up in start up time. St.H pulls opponents in closer. J.H's have slightly more hit stun. Knee dive move from MVC2 mapped to d+H, causes hard knockdown on hit. Has the Warmachine Missile hyper that becomes Iron Man one and only safe hyper to use on block or for DHC purposes.

2) Ghost Rider - He needs an "Eat Chain" move but one that is angled upwards so that it can hit tri-jumpers and anti-airs in an AOE. Heartless Spire should be special cancellable. Needs an anti-air command grab (one that grabs on block). Needs an air to air move that hits horizontally forward full screen. A semi-tracking yoga fireball special.

3) Iron Fist - Shoulder Slam and Rising Fang moves can be used whenever you want. Rising Fan is AIR OK and has projectile nullifying capability. Gains a new dive kick move. Crescent Heel given faster start up. Rekkas do more damage on block. Cr.L actually hits low. Launcher buffed so that it hits anti-air or juggled opponents. Gains double jump. Blue Chi gives him super armor on his first rekka activation. Meter chi gives him meter even on whiffed normals. Red chi enhances even assist damage. Shoulder Slam crosses up from behind when very close to opponent.

4) Chun Li - Base damage and scaling increased. Her Axle kick move can be used in the air, OTGs and does a ground bounce. Air dash increased in range/distance and given a down dash as well (no diagonals). Some normals and jump normals increased in priority. Gains SF3 Parry move (but not like the H&H parry) against projectiles only. Gains new power up hyper "Dark Chun Li" as her new safe on block hyper. Health increased to 900K.

5) Dr Strange - Gains a 2 way air dash. Most of his normals given better priority with better recovery. L Mystic Sword actually hits crouching opponents (very vertical hit box).

6) She Hulk - Gains old slide back. Gains air dash 2 way only. All runner stance moves have 1 hit of super armor by default but can gain up to 3 by charging. Clothesline assist does proper wall bounce now on juggle. Emerald Cannon causes forced wall bounce.

7) Tron - Needs buffs and a good assist as well.

8) Shuma - Still needs more buffs

9) Phoenix Wright - Some of his mechanics reworked completely

10) Hsien Ko - Reworked

Oh and I don't want any more DMC characters (because after the Zero patch Dante and Vergil are going to run the show anyway) but I want one thing that rightfully should be in UMVC3... Temen-Ni-Gru stage from DMC3. In the rain, full moon with epic music in the background.

So, since a lot of folks here think Dormammu is top 5-ish, what do you think his nerf(s) should be, if any?

+
  • Purification assist tracks(to nearest version)
  • Liberation assist replaced with destruction point
  • Purification and Stalking Flare can be performed in the air
  • Flame Carpet lasts 210 frames(from 180), durability 8 frames x 1 low durability(from 5 frames)
  • Standing H +2 on hit(from -2)
  • All three Liberation(Creation) attacks OTG
  • Liberation(Creation 3) is unblockable
  • Dark Hole and Purification can be canceled into Liberation
  • movement speed in flight mode increased slightly

-
  • Air dashes cannot be canceled
  • Dark Matter can only be canceled into Dark Spells and Flight
  • Flame carpet does 64,000 damage(from 81,000), hits increased to 8
  • Stalking Flare startup changed to 25+10(from 31+4), durability reduced to 20 x 1 high durability(from 20 x 5 high durability)
  • Multiple Stalking Flares no longer possible in x-factor
  • Air Purification recovery is until grounded

Azure J

...but I want one thing that rightfully should be in UMVC3... Temen-Ni-Gru stage from DMC3. In the rain, full moon with epic music in the background.

My man.

I'd also like to nominate Tower of Arrogance from DS3/Vampire Saviour for a Darkstalkers level. Fighting on the side of a skyscraper with the ground in the distance is just anime enough to emphasize how Mahvelous this game can be.

Dahbomb

Fuck that noise if Dorm gets any of his assists to be tracking I want tracking assists for Deadpool's Guns, Vergil's Judgment Cuts and Viper's Seismo.

Some of those buffs for Dorm are agreeable especially Destruction point and 3C0D hitting OTG. Although having it unblockable would be cheap as fuck.

Yea we need the Tower or the Mansion stage from DS as well. Feels weird to have 3 DS and 3 DMC characters but no stages for those franchises.

Fuck that noise if Dorm gets any of his assists to be tracking I want tracking assists for Deadpool's Guns, Vergil's Judgment Cuts and Viper's Seismo.

Some of those buffs for Dorm are agreeable especially Destruction point and 3C0D hitting OTG. Although having it unblockable would be cheap as fuck.

Unblockable, AND cancelable off a blocked Dark Hole :)

ReiGun

blah blah blah Black Panther blah blah blah

But seriously, can a brother get an Avenger's Mansion stage added? Honestly, I'm pretty good on characters and balance. Shit like Wesker and Zero is just funny to me now: part of the Mahvel experience. X-Factor could be toned down, but I doubt I'll ever be completely happy with it. So I'd just like more cosmetic changed and things like that. Oh, and find some way to limit all the time I spend waiting for saves and other random bullshit. Finally, hitboxes and replays, I need that.

shaowebb

blah blah blah Black Panther blah blah blah

If it helps I still push for Black Panther. I'd just like to see guys like Mike Ross who beg for Black super heroes have one worth playing added. My top picks are Black Panther, Blade, Luke Cage, or Nick Fury (Samuel L Jackson mode=soundboards online) to fill this role.

I'm surprised that Hsien-Ko and Wright are on the bottom of your list. They need more help than anyone else lol.
10) Hsien Ko - Reworked
Hsien-Ko buff list:
+Give her exact Vampire Savior pendulum cancels with simple S input for the cancel
+Change her launcher kick to a hammer launcher that has better range(only new move here)
+Change command grab to half circle back and change gongs to quarter circle back motion or back motion if cmnd grab doesn't change
+Buff normal air dash/ground teleport speeds to current XF3 levels and walk speed to current XF1 speed
+Buff item durability to 3 low projectile points(compare to one point currently) and bomb instantly explodes on contact with opponent
+Every fourth item tossed causes a dizzy even if they get hit in the air like Savior
+Reduce startup of gold from twenty frames to five frames and add invul on startup. More or less like Vampire Savior
+Lower start up of Chireitou and allow them to happy birthday like they should
+Give her more frame advantage off air throw and command throw for OTG combos
+Crouching Heavy has OTG property, is slightly faster and travels 50% farther
+Henkyo Ki assist is changed to heavy version

Hsien-Ko nerfs:
-Nerf all gold assists to three points of super armor instead of hyper armor
-XF1 has no speed buffs, XF2 has 5% speed buff and XF3 total speed buff is 10%
-Reduce Rimoukon time to four seconds and air dash/ground teleport speed gets cut by 50% when Rimoukon is activated

Sixfortyfive

Getting back on the Mission Mode grind. Why haven't I finished these already...

13 left. I think I'll try to knock out one per day.

Dahbomb

They are on the bottom because they aren't Iron Man and Ghost Rider.

And because I don't know how to rework them yet. With Iron Man I know EXACTLY what I want and why I want it.

LOL @ Hsien Ko nerfs. She doesn't even need those. Only thing she needs is a nerf to hit stun on cr.H otherwise she would have access to OTG infinites. I think I should go in the lab and see what Hsien Ko looks in LVL3XF to get an idea.

Frantic

Hey Capcom, buff Dante some, he needs to be number one! First frame style cancels for Beehive and Million Carats, 10% speed boost in DT, Drive and Multilock OTG, Revolver canceled into Fireworks works even if the ground bounce has already been used up, Weasel Shot easier to cancel into on a whiffed s.H, Cold Shower hits low, etc.

No, but seriously, if you're gonna patch this game, don't touch Dante please. I quite like the way he is now, thanks.

Sixfortyfive

+Buff item durability to 3 low projectile points(compare to one point currently) and bomb instantly explodes on contact with opponent
The bombs should be mapped to QCF+S so that you never ever get them randomly and fuck things up.

Also, damage done during gold armor mode should leave no recoverable red health, just like VSav.

I was gonna add that or complete invul to anything except cinematic hypers, but that stuff is too crazy even for Mahvel. There is a reason they don't give her access to her normal mobility/offense in gold for Savior. Sas and the rest of the cast would break down in tears.

Tobe

I was gonna add that or complete invul to anything except cinematic hypers, but that stuff is too crazy even for Mahvel. There is a reason they don't give her access to her normal mobility/offense in gold for Savior. Sas and the rest of the cast would break down in tears.

if we ever get a new darkstalker you are the first one i actually would like to play. Q-bee vs Hsien-ko lets go!

Dahbomb

Nothing is too crazy for Marvel.

Except for invincible Berderper Slash.

Noble Cactus

Neo Member
Will Hsien-Ko be in this game?

But seriously, the "poster" seems fake. Would the Gamestop computers really have this thing lying around on them?

Azure J

- Hsien-Ko becomes new A tier with cancellable pendulum, command grab remapped to HCB+S (has range and start up between M & H versions of current grab) allowing Gong to be a QCB move, Cr. H OTG that's launcher cancellable, and higher speed/momentum on dashes and their start up.

I'm surprised that Hsien-Ko and Wright are on the bottom of your list. They need more help than anyone else lol.

Hsien-Ko buff list:
+Give her exact Vampire Savior pendulum cancels with simple S input for the cancel
+Change her launcher kick to a hammer launcher that has better range(only new move here)
+Change command grab to half circle back and change gongs to quarter circle back motion or back motion if cmnd grab doesn't change
+Buff normal air dash/ground teleport speeds to current XF3 levels and walk speed to current XF1 speed
+Every fourth item tossed causes a dizzy even if they get hit in the air like Savior
+Reduce startup of gold from twenty frames to five frames and add invul on startup. More or less like Vampire Savior
+Lower start up of Chireitou and allow them to happy birthday like they should
+Give her more frame advantage off air throw and command throw for OTG combos
+Crouching Heavy has OTG property, is slightly faster and travels 50% farther
+Henkyo Ki assist is changed to heavy version

Hsien-Ko nerfs:
-Nerf all gold assists to three points of super armor instead of hyper armor
-XF1 has no speed buffs, XF2 has 5% speed buff and XF3 total speed buff is 10%
-Reduce Rimoukon time to four seconds and air dash/ground teleport speed gets cut by 50% when Rimoukon is activated

The bombs should be mapped to QCF+S so that you never ever get them randomly and fuck things up.

Also, damage done during gold armor mode should leave no recoverable red health, just like VSav.

I like how we're all completely in agreement with how to fix the character and how close she is to being bloken in a manner fighting games are not ready for. (Barring Vampire Saviour because if you're not absolutely fucking broke'd™ by most fighting game standards you're Lillith tier. *Just going by what I've heard regarding tier lists in that game, no offense Lillith mains. :p*)

if we ever get a new darkstalker you are the first one i actually would like to play. Q-bee vs Hsien-ko lets go!

Don't forget me, I'm a Hsien-Bro too. Love me some Donovan too.

Nothing is too crazy for Marvel.

Except for invincible Berderper Slash.

I don't think you understand how amazingly derp a Hsien Ko with all of that could be. Vanilla Logan got to do whatever he wanted with impunity because of invincibility on a command input, he still needed to take care not to get blown up before he got that move off. Hsien Ko, as long as you had good decision making would literally walk through any kind of damage like "k" and proceed to fuck you up. Don't you know who the fuck she is?[/Juggernaut voice]

Hsien Ko: Give us VS Hsien Ko, nerf gold armor to super armor instead, give bombs a hit box and map it to QCF+S
She Hulk: Lamp post counts as projectile, all runner stance have a point of armor and two points charged, two way airdash, emerald cannon forces a wall bounce, make her long range command grab have projectile invulnearability, airdash, give her the old weight back
IF: Give his rekkas unique properties such as projectile absorption and armor break. Allow rising fang to be done outside of rekkas
GR: All normals cause chip and give him an eat chain move that hits tri dashers
Dorm: Lower his health and lower his damage on normals. Make 3C hit OTG
Strange: Increase the startup and tracking on projectiles and make the discs safe on block and can't crouch L Mystic Sword
Phoenix: Vanilla Phoenix back please.
Tron: Increase her speed and make her normals safer and decrease hitstun on boulder.
IM: Old airdash back.
PW: Give him more mixups with his normals. Put evidence on a rotation. Allow one of the uber fingers to hit low.
Viper: Increase scaling on specials.
Zero: Can't put two lightnings on screen with buster cancel and increased scaling on specials.
RR: Give him an actual air to air confirm
Chunners: Less damage scaling and hitstun scaling.
Storm: Allow her to call assists while floating and increase her airdash speed

EDIT: Sven said that it is fake. But he could be lying who knows.

Tirael

Since I haven't yet, I'm going to post my character wishlist.

<--Most wanted to least wanted-->
tenkx.jpg

5fA7r.jpg

CAPCOM
X deserves a spot.
Gene was made for this game.
Jin was my main for MvC1 and 2, and nothing beats pelting your opponent with hot laundry. He was extremely MAHVEL.
There really aren't enough feral characters, so Jon Talbain would fit that nicely.
Alts on the Capcom side: Date Masamune would be awesome, and Asura would fit very well if he didn't take Gene's spot, haha.

MARVEL
We need another Spider-Man rep, and we're in desperate need of villains, so Venom is a really solid choice.
Juggernaut is a pretty menacing bad guy.
Gambit would have a playstyle that would be unique to the game, and he's well liked by MvC2 fans.
Psylocke is the female wildcard. Could also be Ms. Marvel.
Alts on the Marvel side: Moon Knight would be a great addition if Gambit didn't make it in, with his unique play style.

I honestly only want 2 from Capcom and 1 from Marvel, after that I don't give a damn who makes it in. I want 3X to be true so bad it hurts.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom