• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT2| New Age of Zeroes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Issue is with Venom/Juggs are they aren't the same people currently and Flash Venom is looking to be permanent.

Just saying reason for them probably not in the game. And probably won't be. Other two, have a better chance.

shaowebb

Called one of the Gamestops locally and they don't have this in their system. He says that the system doesn't always update with information the same day for everyone though.

Likely a troll, but it was fun to dream again at least.
Issue is with Venom/Juggs are they aren't the same people currently and Flash Venom is looking to be permanent.

Just saying reason for them probably not in the game. And probably won't be. Other two, have a better chance.

Yeah the Juggernaut is now Colossus. He can summon the power when he needs a boost or whatever and he's now bald in his character art. Venom is Flash Thompson who has no legs after something that happened during his term of service in the military. He's a black ops agent who pretty much is like The Punisher with Venom's powers. When Cap tried to shut down the program he went AWOL because at that time had he stopped people close to him would've died that were captured by an enemy. He's now hunted by everyone and whenever he loses his grip on the symbiote it takes control and turns more into the Venom of old...perhaps a weapon change or boost mode could be done up for these two guys to add in old movesets to them for fans of old Juggernaut or Venom playstyles if they ever came about, but its looking unlikely.

vcAPl.jpg

For the record, the current Venom is pretty fucking awesome. Its like watching Nightwing with guns during action sequences and theres a lot of inner monologue that shifts between Punisher style brooding/strategy to outright psychotic murderer rantings as the Venom symbiote eats away at his control. Helluva good way to bring him back. Plus he still loses it enough to get old style Venom on the scene enough for older fans of the character. I think he's already ate several guys from moments where he either lost control or just willingly chose to let the suit take over.

New Venom in action shot example 1
New Venom in action shot example 2
New Venom in action shot example 3
Anyone else care to call and check their own Gamestops to see if you get a hit from any other computers?

vg260

Called one of the Gamestops locally and they don't have this in their system. He says that the system doesn't always update with information the same day for everyone though.

Likely a troll, but it was fun to dream again at least.

On Unity from Sven:
"Just got back from GDC so I'll make this short: that is completely fake."

And, him, X-23, Ghost Femme Rider(total bitch), and Rulk just stop earth from turning into hell with the appearance of Ghost Rulkom. Yeah.

Now Flash is a member of Secret Avengers and in last issue of Secret Avengers, was shown with mechanical legs.

And.... have to upload something.

Related to Colossonaut.

Behold, what happens if you let Cytorrak consume you power wise.

13.jpg

And FTR, Flash Venom is awesome. Remender does a great job with characterization in all of his books. He actually made me be able to stand Deadpool, Logan and Psylocke.

shaowebb

On Unity from Sven:
"Just got back from GDC so I'll make this short: that is completely fake."

Yeah I thought it was fake, but it was fun to talk a bit again about cast and things like we did back in August.

And, him, X-23, Ghost Femme Rider(total bitch), and Rulk just stop earth from turning into hell with the appearance of Ghost Rulkom. Yeah.

Now Flash is a member of Secret Avengers and in last issue of Secret Avengers, was shown with mechanical legs.

And.... have to upload something.

Related to Colossonaut.

Behold, what happens if you let Cytorrak consume you power wise.

13.jpg

And FTR, Flash Venom is awesome. Remender does a great job with characterization in all of his books. He actually made me be able to stand Deadpool, Logan and Psylocke.

Man its been a helluva few years for making over old characters. Colossus=Juggernaut, Flash Thompson= soldier Venom, Female Ghost Rider, Nightcrawler returns but its Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler so he's a lot angrier and more unforgiving, Apocalypse is a child (suuuuuuuuucks), Archangel is a dangerous alter ego of Angel now that he summons when he needs more killing power (won't spoil this one but now it sucks as Angel has lost his memories and acts like a stupid fucking teenager), Theres a new Antman and he's a jerk which is actually fun to see, Powerman is no longer Luke Cage, but a goggle wearing kid from the hood who can tap into other's Chi that Iron Fist is trying to train (suuuuuuuuuuuucks), and for awhile Black Panther was also a woman (changed back).

Grecco

Yeah I thought it was fake, but it was fun to talk a bit again about cast and things like we did back in August.

Man its been a helluva few years for making over old characters. Colossus=Juggernaut, Flash Thompson= soldier Venom, Female Ghost Rider, Nightcrawler returns but its Age of Apocalypse Nightcrawler so he's a lot angrier and more unforgiving, Apocalypse is a child (suuuuuuuuucks), Archangel is a dangerous alter ego of Angel now that he summons when he needs more killing power (won't spoil this one but now it sucks as Angel has lost his memories and acts like a stupid fucking teenager), Theres a new Antman and he's a jerk which is actually fun to see, Powerman is no longer Luke Cage, but a goggle wearing kid from the hood who can tap into other's Chi that Iron Fist is trying to train (suuuuuuuuuuuucks), and for awhile Black Panther was also a woman (changed back).

I love Fantomex though he was in that run with the kid Apocalypse. Awesome character.

shaowebb

Don't forget new Nova, and the transformation of Norman Osborn.

That'd be this Norman Osborne that can fly, has a healing factor, strength, magic and all kinds of shit thanks to AIM and The Hand right?

yNvjZ.jpg

Yeah that shits gonna be temporary. Its just going on for his current fight with The Avengers to give them a more non-political threat from his character IMO. Cheesey stuff. Though if they gave him a sword he'd almost be cool enough for Capcom with all that lol.

I love Fantomex though he was in that run with the kid Apocalypse. Awesome character.

To Fantomex's credit ...
He did shoot the fucker in the face in front of everyone.

Yep. I loved when
the rest of X-Force was having a whole moral dilemma about what to do with a child Apocalypse and eventually decide on letting him live. BAM, Fantomex shoots him in the head right there. He knows how to cut the bullshit. Granted he was incubating another clone of him.

Fantomex, so awesome. But Kid Omega beats everybody with awesomeness. Hits on all the girls, omega level telepath, won Logan ton of money, and calmed Kid Krakoa when Rachel couldn't not to mention has some of the funniest fashion statements.

shaowebb

Yep. I loved when
the rest of X-Force was having a whole moral dilemma about what to do with a child Apocalypse and eventually decide on letting him live. BAM, Fantomex shoots him in the head right there. He knows how to cut the bullshit. Granted he was incubating another clone of him.

OSlNW.png

HecEB.jpg

My fellow comic nerd has good taste. We share the same opinion of that moment.lol

But honest question.....

Who will take over after Bendis leaves Avengers? Thinking Hickman since he is leaving Ultimates and said got an offer he couldn't refuse.

vg260

DLC costume question on PS3/Vita

If you buy a single pack, does that make the bundle back disappear from the store? or is it the other way around? I recall some wonkiness about how this worked.

I like how we're all completely in agreement with how to fix the character and how close she is to being bloken in a manner fighting games are not ready for. (Barring Vampire Saviour because if you're not absolutely fucking broke'd™ by most fighting game standards you're Lillith tier. *Just going by what I've heard regarding tier lists in that game, no offense Lillith mains. :p*)
Those tier lists don't apply as much anymore. She is a lot stronger than low tier. I'd replace Lilith with Anak to be honest. You can even beat high level Sas with him if you know what you are doing, but the flaws are clear.
I don't think you understand how amazingly derp a Hsien Ko with all of that could be. Vanilla Logan got to do whatever he wanted with impunity because of invincibility on a command input, he still needed to take care not to get blown up before he got that move off. Hsien Ko, as long as you had good decision making would literally walk through any kind of damage like "k" and proceed to fuck you up. Don't you know who the fuck she is?[/Juggernaut voice]
Yeah, her playstyle could become broke as fuck when she has gold armor, real mobility and meter.
Hsien Ko: Give us VS Hsien Ko, nerf gold armor to super armor instead, give bombs a hit box and map it to QCF+S
Too far
Since I haven't yet, I'm going to post my character wishlist.

<--Most wanted to least wanted-->
tenkx.jpg

5fA7r.jpg

CAPCOM
X deserves a spot.
Gene was made for this game.
Jin was my main for MvC1 and 2, and nothing beats pelting your opponent with hot laundry. He was extremely MAHVEL.
There really aren't enough feral characters, so Jon Talbain would fit that nicely.
Alts on the Capcom side: Date Masamune would be awesome, and Asura would fit very well if he didn't take Gene's spot, haha.

MARVEL
We need another Spider-Man rep, and we're in desperate need of villains, so Venom is a really solid choice.
Juggernaut is a pretty menacing bad guy.
Gambit would have a playstyle that would be unique to the game, and he's well liked by MvC2 fans.
Psylocke is the female wildcard. Could also be Ms. Marvel.
Alts on the Marvel side: Moon Knight would be a great addition if Gambit didn't make it in, with his unique play style.

I honestly only want 2 from Capcom and 1 from Marvel, after that I don't give a damn who makes it in. I want 3X to be true so bad it hurts.
That list is respectable enough. I don't see Juggers getting in though.

The Capcom side should be:
-Megaman X
-Captain Commando or Jin
-Gene
-Darkstalkers/Power Stone(come on Rouge!)/Rival schools/Breath of Fire

Any other format is wrong and any list with Asura is disqualified instantly. <3

JeTmAn81

Whenever additional character discussion comes up, and especially at this point, I just couldn't care less. Pretty much anybody who really ought to be in the game is already in. There's so much more to explore, and while I think the game could use a little balancing, what's already there is going to keep me busy for a looooong time.

vg260

Whenever additional character discussion comes up, and especially at this point, I just couldn't care less. Pretty much anybody who really ought to be in the game is already in. There's so much more to explore, and while I think the game could use a little balancing, what's already there is going to keep me busy for a looooong time.

Spidey bad guy should be in. That's a major gap for any type of "Marvel Universe" game like this.

That and Mega Man himself :p

TCKaos

The likelihood of us getting X is next to
Zero
. Zero already has him as an alt costume. It'd be a treat to get Volnutt/Trigger with some buffs to make him viable. Give him an .EXE alt costume. So my list would be something like...

CAPCOM
- Megaman Volnutt/Trigger
- Asura
- Gene
- Jin Saotome

ALTS: Gutsman if we couldn't get Megaman in. Or any decent Robot Master, for that matter. Like Airman. Holy fuck Airman would be awesome.

MAHVEL
- Venom (Mac Gargan, not Eddie Brock)
- Colossus
- Luke Cage
- Squirrel Girl

ALTS: Cyclops or Cable if Colossus doesn't get in. Give them directional supers like Ryu.

It's just casuals because they're waiting on Matrix to show up.

On another note, I like the idea of a matching color tournament that excludes white and black.

Azure J

Where are my Dante bros? I'm trying to level up my Dante BnBs because autopilot sucks when this character is all about his million plus moves. I'm trying to get used to these combos in parts starting from the beginning of the video, but I swear my mind shuts off in multiple instances:

LMH - Stinger - Bold Cancel - Volcano: Most often, the trouble with this part is that I get a standard Bold Cancel because I don't know how to approach hitting/pianoing M+S on pad after hitting the motion for Volcano (something I'm still flubbing more often than not).

Volcano - j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.H: Holy fuck this sequence is so intense just because I have to remember not to flub the H timings in the air and not get Rain Storm and my already noted issues with SRKs the 360 pad. The latter is getting better though, but holy fuck the Hs are problematic for me.

S - Clay Pigeon/Up Guns - Prop Shredder - Teleport - Hammer: I swear, imprinting Cold Shower as my go to Dante OTG was a bad idea because every time I see a prop shredder, I think "oh, cold shower into shredder, ri-- FUCK." :lol

Teleport to Hammer shouldn't be too bad since I use that a bit already.

Volcano - Beehive - S - Clay Pigeon - Stinger - Teleport - Sky Dance - : Good lord what a series. :lol

I have a newfound respect for everyone that plays Dante at the pro level.

Random notes as I've been blogging my Week 1 experience on the game thus far:

- Amaterasu is seriously one of my favorite fighting game characters ever now. I need to work more on switching up stances mid combo and get some more damaging combos. I love that I can keep Zero and Vergil in check with whiff punish Okami Shuffle, or HHHHHH if I'm close enough. :lol

- Felicia combos get me hype just because of how fast I have to keep up with the inputs to do them consistently. I'm finally more consistent with Sand Splash xx Dancing Flash and generally hitting the Sand Splash for OTGs after an air series. I'm also getting better at hitting Air/Delta Kicks for approaches and carries. I want to work more Rolling Buckler into the plan soon, but before I can do that I need to pace myself and learn her grab timings.

- Why does Vergil's Round Trip blow me up as much as it does? :(

I feel like I can scout it better than I do but I never react to it well enough. In related news, what do you all do to open up upbackers? Zero especially.

Frantic

LMH - Stinger - Bold Cancel - Volcano: Most often, the trouble with this part is that I get a standard Bold Cancel because I don't know how to approach hitting/pianoing M+S on pad after hitting the motion for Volcano (something I'm still flubbing more often than not).
Here's what I do: Stinger, and while the start up animation is playing, I go from forward right into a QCF. While doing that, I switch from H to L+S, usually at the same time as I complete the DP motion. Then, after I finish those two, I push M. Volcano will come out.

Seems a little complicated in words, but I find it the easiest method by far, and it flows very well for me. You don't even have to do it that fast, you can take your time with it.

Volcano - j.H - Air Play - j.H - s.H: Holy fuck this sequence is so intense just because I have to remember not to flub the H timings in the air and not get Rain Storm and my already noted issues with SRKs the 360 pad. The latter is getting better though, but holy fuck the Hs are problematic for me.
I just tap it out. There's a certain sort of rhythm to it. Once you figure the rhythm out, it's pretty easy. Still, you could just go with the j.H, Air Play, Killer Bee. I've been using that variant more these days, since the j.H > s.H variant drops on some characters.

In related news, what do you all do to open up upbackers? Zero especially.
Airthrow, especially with someone like Felicia. Such a godly airthrow range.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom