• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 |OT3| To infinites... and beyond!

onionfrog

Does anyone play Felicia.
I play Felicia, here are the tips I gave someone when they asked the same question a few months back:

I'm not the best with Felicia but, here are a few things to keep in mind in general:

Air throw/command grab combos ( throw -> toy touch j.MMHS s.S jMMH H Delta kick ... Etc

Solo unblockables with kitty helper + rolling buckler

After an air combo you can otg with L sand splash and cancel into dancing flash.

DHCing into kitty helper can be a safe DHC in some cases.

Use dd. H to build meter if you see an opportunity to do so.(right after killing a character for example). This is also good when covered by a beam assist.

Also she can be a respectable BS anchor if needed.

atk +s is a ghetto cartwheel move that may sometimes be useful for mixups if covered by an assist

She has good air throw resets, so abuse those.

Honestly, I use Kitty Helper alot, I don't see much reason to use meter with her on point otherwise, unless it'll be enough to kill a character.

The team is basically me constantly going for unblockables and a lot of resets.
This sounds about right, its honestly close to what I do with my team of Felicia/Hawkeye/Strider, since they are all low damage characters. You really want to get people into the corner and mess them up with a reset vortex.

Also:
sixfortyfive has the best felicia here so you should ask him for tips.
sixfortyfive and QIsTopTier, if you guys have any more useful Felicia tips, feel free to post them too.

Dahbomb

I go to sleep everyday praying to the Marvel gods for a new patch. And everyday I wake up to check if there is some news on it.

I go to sleep everyday praying to the Marvel gods for a new patch. And everyday I wake up to check if there is some news on it.
Is that why you pleaded for the false news ban? It just hurt too much...

Agreed. This game is great as is, it's definitely the most fun I've had with a fighting game this gen. It'd still be nice to have a rebalance to shake things up though. Maybe we'd see more of the lesser used characters then.
I'd play Hsienko if her movement was not so bad.

Maybe I should try to learn a new team, that would switch things up without the need for capcom to do anything.
New teams always make me appreciate my main team eventually, haha.

Wow I didn't know the game got that much traffic at GFAQs.

Although this month a lot of new games are coming out so that's to be expected.
Oh yes, it's extremely popular at GFAQs. #1-3 board for over a year.

This game really needs an enema at some point to get rid of a lot of the dumb stuff. TAC infinites, Vergil, and Zero are all end game strategies but they also make the game not very entertaining to watch or play. Getting 5 bars and a dead character because your opponent lost rock paper scissors rigged in your favor isn't exactly a pinnacle of fighting game design.
Agreed.

Marz

Yea the fact that SF4 got a balance patch 3 years after it originally came out gives me hope for Marvel. Games going to get completely boring to watch in like 6 months.

Although MvC2 was kind of lame but still brought hype 10 years later for whatever reason.

Azure J

I'm not really bored with Marvel currently because my team has a high ceiling and I'm still now adding things or exploring other things in the game that I haven't taken advantage of before (most notably TACs). If anything, I would like a content update just to see if there's anything else that could be tossed into the mix that'd make me shufflie things, but I'm having fun actually learning the game now that I've learned the characters.

Dahbomb

Is that why you pleaded for the false news ban? It just hurt too much...
Even Sven mentioning Marvel incites needless heated discussion on the future of the game and leads to more speculation. If people want to discuss speculative stuff they can do it without Sven's word. We don't need to give him anymore attention, at this point he will just say what we want to hear while being vague as possible "just be patient guys!".

It's a universal fact and agreed upon by everyone from low tier to high tier players that TACs are fucking dildos.

onionfrog

Good Games Karst.
Sorry for the terrible performance in the first few games. I haven't played in a few weeks.

I must say, point Phoenix is surprisingly legitimate!
I especially liked the full combo off Arthur daggers + tk overdrive.
The full combo off sent spit + Arthur daggers and flight mode was also very cool.
The myriad of safe DHCs on that team is very impressive. Phoenix rage-> sentinel force, sentinel force, kings armor.

This was only my second time playing that nova team, and I have to say I quite like it.
He requires a bit less thought than Felicia.
You've exposed my sentinel as a giant metal fraud though. I abuse him for his assist.

I've got to get a new controller, mine must have a short in it or something. My assists were being called sometimes when I was only pressing the face buttons.

Yea the fact that SF4 got a balance patch 3 years after it originally came out gives me hope for Marvel. Games going to get completely boring to watch in like 6 months.

Although MvC2 was kind of lame but still brought hype 10 years later for whatever reason.
MvC2 stayed hype because the neutral stayed hype. The better people get at a Marvel game, the more it's about controlling the neutral. This is part of why Vergil and Hidden Missiles are anti-hype. They slow down the neutral game.

Good Games Karst.
Sorry for the terrible performance in the first few games. I haven't played in a few weeks.

I must say, point Phoenix is surprisingly legitimate!
I especially liked the full combo off Arthur daggers + tk overdrive.
The full combo off sent spit + Arthur daggers and flight mode was also very cool.
The myriad of safe DHCs on that team is very impressive. Phoenix rage-> sentinel force, sentinel force, kings armor.

This was only my second time playing that nova team, and I have to say I quite like it.
He requires a bit less thought than Felicia.
You've exposed my sentinel as a giant metal fraud though. I abuse him for his assist.

I've got to get a new controller, mine must have a short in it or something. My assists were being called sometimes when I was only pressing the face buttons.
GGs. That was my first time getting to use all three of those characters together. I honestly haven't used Sentinel since Vanilla, so I was kind of re-discovering how he works. I did practice that bitchin' XF3 combo I pulled off once, though - haha.

I was glad the team did well. Sentinel is a really good second, and Dagger Toss is super good for him. Getting full combos off of s.H + Dagger Toss only works at 2/3 screen and closer. I'm still getting used to when different things work. If I s.H + Dagger Toss from full screen, the daggers won't combo off of the beam but Sentinel arrives right before they do, so if you blocked them he gets a nice mix-up off of it.

I'll have to watch RayRay's setups more to better understand Sentinel's incoming mix-up options. I should have done j.LHS more against your Sentinel when were just standing there. The match where we traded c.Ms and then s.Ss made me feel so scrubby, haha.

I was surprised I made that reverse OCV with Arthur without X-Factor. It felt really good. He's a fun character to play, and when people say he loses to other keepaway I have to wonder if they know about his j.S + Crossbow. It's like Magnetic Blast but better. I wish I had a way to move forward faster with him, because the instant overheads combined with Sentinel Force are pretty hard to block. Those Arthur combos were also a first for me - I practiced them in training mode a bit, but first match they got used in.

I'm also annoyed at how often Phoenix died to Hawkeye. So many TK Overdrives killed at startup because of lag. -_-

The team is definitely very DHC safe, which is part of why I like it. It also makes Phoenix basically immune to random hypers, since only one or two level 1 hypers in the game will stop Phoenix Rage -> Hyper Sentinel Force. The drones are also great for her wakeup game. I just need to get better at timing that stuff, since I usually play a keepaway game. Phoenix is kind of my way for practicing rushdown setups.

Yeah, Nova's j.H is really dumb. It's one of the things I'd like to see nerfed in a patch update. I don't mind if he gets a few small buffs (like no longer losing red life from specials - what a dumb idea), I just don't like him mindless that j.H approach is. I'm glad I figured out a counter at the start of the round with Phoenix.

GGs.

Edit: Also, that team comes with an extra bonus: if I ever get off my ass and learn infinites, Sentinel has one to earn 5 bars for Phoenix right away.

Dahbomb

MVC2 stayed hype because even at it's most broke it was still two people playing the game. In MVC3 when Hidden Missiles are active only one player is really playing. Plus you have Zero and Viper turning the game into a 1P affair if they hit you once while Vergil locks you down with a scrubbier Strider/Doom trap.

Also TACs are dumb and a stupid replacement to hype resets.

OMFG @ that combo!!!

Is that RR/short character only combo? It has to be.
If you watch the rest of the video, it looks like he took the time to find the carpet bounce angles for big characters, too. So something similar could happen with big guys. I've been hoping someone would do this since I figured out it could work on anyone back in Vanilla, and it's been sitting there for 3 months...!

I play Felicia, here are the tips I gave someone when they asked the same question a few months back:

I'm not the best with Felicia but, here are a few things to keep in mind in general:

Air throw/command grab combos ( throw -> toy touch j.MMHS s.S jMMH H Delta kick ... Etc

Solo unblockables with kitty helper + rolling buckler

After an air combo you can otg with L sand splash and cancel into dancing flash.

DHCing into kitty helper can be a safe DHC in some cases.

Use dd. H to build meter if you see an opportunity to do so.(right after killing a character for example). This is also good when covered by a beam assist.

Also she can be a respectable BS anchor if needed.

atk +s is a ghetto cartwheel move that may sometimes be useful for mixups if covered by an assist

She has good air throw resets, so abuse those.

Honestly, I use Kitty Helper alot, I don't see much reason to use meter with her on point otherwise, unless it'll be enough to kill a character.

This sounds about right, its honestly close to what I do with my team of Felicia/Hawkeye/Strider, since they are all low damage characters. You really want to get people into the corner and mess them up with a reset vortex.

Also:

sixfortyfive and QIsTopTier, if you guys have any more useful Felicia tips, feel free to post them too.

i personally really enjoy using dd+H to cancel normals and then command grab. I'm trying to work on my dashing so I can start a combo off of any throw. Forward throws are a bitch, but I can get them sometimes.

If you watch the rest of the video, it looks like he took the time to find the carpet bounce angles for big characters, too. So something similar could happen with big guys. I've been hoping someone would do this since I figured out it could work on anyone back in Vanilla, and it's been sitting there for 3 months...!

Yea, don't just look at that one combo. He's sorted out a way to get all characters to be juggled by flame carpet in that 'small character way' and the result is that he does similar (but not as long) combo's with pretty much every body type in the game. While stocking spells. Its a great vid and Karst is right in that I think people expected this tech off the bat, didn't find it, and most dropped it until this dude.

Yea, don't just look at that one combo. He's sorted out a way to get all characters to be juggled by flame carpet in that 'small character way' and the result is that he does similar (but not as long) combo's with pretty much every body type in the game. While stocking spells. Its a great vid and Karst is right in that I think people expected this tech off the bat, didn't find it, and most dropped it until this dude.
I actually found it back in Vanilla, though. I just can't make videos. :-(

I watched the whole video - good stuff.

Whoops, meant to say without super, maybe like 610K or some shit like that with super. I say Firebrand needs to deal Wolverive damage, he'd be so godlike then.
600K would be fine for him. His real problem is the lack of good assists and no solo mix-up potential.

Magneto Hyper Grav Glitch With Attraction

The opponent is not supposed to be able to slide under magneto unless they are dead like at the end of a match. What is happening is when the character start's to fall out of the Hyper Grav, the assist is going forward past the opponent when Magneto does Attraction. Since Magneto acts like a wall, the character is forced under Magneto when they are not supposed to be able to slide under him

Works with Viper burn kick and ryu's tatsu assists as well. More will come with experimentation.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Team Asia confirmed for Curley Mustache BR. Led by Abegen, likely team members include VX Dante, Xian, Antman, possibly Frieda or Tokido to round it out.

- s.L has good range, is her fastest normal (4 frames), and has no hurtbox on her tail (pseudo sword normal). It doesn't hit high enough to be used as a reliable anti-air like Magneto's and I believe some characters can barely slide under it.

- c.M does not hit low.

- s.H hits multiple times and is good for blowing up armor characters like Hulk. Don't be afraid to get in his face and mash it for the throw option select.

- b.H is actually a godlike anti-air, even though you wouldn't think it just by looking at it. It has a favorable hitbox pretty much all over her until right after she extends her legs.

- j.S has a pretty favorable hitbox and is a decent cross-up attempt off of a wall-jump or what have you. When used after a launcher, it will knock down (duh), but in other instances you can cancel it into Air Delta Kick.

- All of her throws can lead into a full combo, although her normal ground throws are more difficult to convert off of than her air throws or command throw. Her forward ground through can be mashed for additional hits.

- Rolling Slide is a fast, almost full-screen low that can be confirmed into a full combo. It is unsafe on block at point blank (-4), but if you space it so that it just barely scrapes the opponent with her toes, it's pretty much completely safe.

- Rolling Uppercut has limited uses, but it can be useful for disrupting opponents who try to start offense from normal jump height (Dante Air Play). Go for a throw after hitting with it.

- Cat Spike L is decent for frame traps (e.g. 1 blocked s.L canceled into Cat Spike) and can link into full combos. Be wary about using it against players who pushblock you out extremely quick though, as a whiffed Cat Spike will put you in perfect range to be punished. It causes stagger on counterhit.

- Cat Spike M can cross-up some crouching opponents from certain distances. It causes ground bounce on counterhit.

- Cat Spike H is an overhead, but you're probably not going to hit any crouching character but Sentinel with it. It always causes a ground bounce.

- Delta Kick is + on block but can be punished if the opponent either XFCs or chicken blocks very low to the ground. Adept opponents will stay just out of range of it and punish you when you land, as it does have a little bit of landing recovery.

- Hell Cat L has absurd range (extends slightly further than s.L) and starts in 5 frames. Hell Cat H has short range but starts in 1 frame. This move is also fantastic in frame traps. Calling a projectile assist, and then dashing in to command throw once you've scared your opponent into blocking everything is a good tactic.

- EX Charge should be used against opponents who refuse to engage you (runaway Modok). It can also be used to shorten the recovery of some of her more disadvantageous normals on block (anything with >16 frames of recovery).

- Cat & Mouse shouldn't be used in neutral without an assist, as it has a fair amount of start-up and recovery. It can be useful to get around moves like Magnetic Shockwave, and you can do some gimmicky resets when you combine it with certain assists (call Vajra, launch opponent, jump cancel launcher into Cat & Mouse). It will cross-up cornered opponents.

- Sand Splash is a more competent zoning tool than you might expect, especially against opponents with limited ranged options. Dashing forward into Sand Splash (charge back, release direction, button dash forward, quickly press forward+attack) can actually be a decent approach. Sand Splash will lose to Charging Star (duh) but will beat Hyper Charging Star... for some reason.

- Her wall cling and wall jump are decent at starting offense since you can block after the wall jump. Be wary about getting this accidentally though. (In unpatched UMvC3, she can utilize the wall jump as a teleport if an opposing Morrigan has Astral Vision active.)

- Toy Touch can be jump canceled, and while it's typically only used in combos, Toy Touch xx j.MMHS can actually be used as a full block string / fuzzy guard setup against Sentinel. Toy Touch xx j.MHS works against some other tall characters.

- Toy Touch will OTG two characters at a time. Sand Splash will not.

- Air Delta Kick has a tendency to whiff completely during happy birthdays. As a general rule, it tends to work when the opponent's point character has a larger hitbox than his assist character, but this isn't universal.

- Cat Spike L can link into itself in any level of X-Factor, giving you a simple XF infinite against grounded characters. In XF1, the link is difficult and you generally will get around 1 million damage before XF runs out, but in XF2 and XF3 it's considerably easier and will almost definitely net you a KO.

- Dancing Flash has 8 frames of invincibility after the hyper freeze frame (but is vulnerable before the freeze), making it a good punish DHC and also allowing you to break through some attacks if your timing/prediction is on point. It also has a very small bit of additional invincibility when the move makes contact with the opponent and triggers the 2nd part of the attack. The 9th hit (the one that launches the opponent into the air) causes a soft knockdown, making it an ideal point to DHC if your next character's hyper can only hit directly in front of you. XF canceling into Please Help Me after the 9th hit of Dancing Flash is also good if you have the meter to burn and have their final character within KO range for it.

- Kitty Helper attacks whenever you press an attack button while Felicia is not in either hitstun or blockstun. Using a snapback while it's active will cause it to vanish. Being grabbed by Shuma-Gorath will also cause it to vanish... for some reason. It has a lot of recovery on activation; it isn't a safe DHC unless covered by your previous character's hyper. Alter/shorten your combos so that Kitty Helper doesn't fuck them up while it's active, and try to make use of hard knockdowns during the end of its active period for additional resets; this is something I really need to work on myself.

- Please Help Me has 59 frames of invincibility. Its distance can be changed by holding either M (half-screen) or H (almost full-screen) during the freeze frame. There is enough time after the move ends to follow up with a full Toy Touch combo.

- The hitbox on her Rolling Buckler assist is not invincible, but it is more favorable than the on-point version. (Point Rolling Buckler will lose to Bionic Lancer. Assist Rolling Buckler can beat it out.) When used as a crossover counter, this assist actually does have invincible start-up but is only safe on counterhit.

- Felicia is arguably better at chicken-blocking and less susceptible to trip guard setups than any other character in the game because she bounces fairly high after blocking attacks at a low altitude. If Dormammu sets down a Flame Carpet, she can jump on top of it without worrying about falling into it, meaning she can just hold back to block in the air instead of holding down-back on the ground and being on the receiving end of unblockables. Some other characters can do this depending on position, but she's the only one that can do it 100% of the time. If she air guards against Million Dollars, she will never fall to the ground until the initial barrage of bullets is completely over with. (KBeast was confused as hell when I did this against his THC setup.) You can sometimes use this to trip people up with late overheads off of j.H / air throws when they expect you to drop to the ground earlier.

- Her small jumping hurtbox is what makes her air throw game deadly. People will often whiff a preemptive j.H against her when going for their own air throws, giving you a prime opportunity to punish with yours.

- My favorite blockstring against opponents who love to mash on advance guard is L,M,Buckler Slide. It's technically unsafe unless you're godlike at spacing it properly, but it clips the legs of people who try to AG and then jump away with astonishing frequency, to the point where I'd consider using it even without assists until your opponent learns how to punish it.

- Slow-moving projectile assists are useful in keeping safe, keeping the opponent locked down after you get in, and even setting up certain cross-up opportunities off of ADKs that fly over the opponent's head. Projectile assist, whiffed ADK, Rolling Slide covers a lot of ground very quickly from multiple directions.

- In general, she benefits from two primary types of assists: horizontal assists that help her approach (slow moving projectiles that keep the opponent grounded are best, beams are decent), and vertical assists (Vajra) that can knock opponents out of the air that she has a difficult time approaching otherwise (Zero, Doom, Trish).

Combo 1 (against a grounded opponent, typically started with grounded light normals or jumping H or S):
confirm -> s.M c.M b.H xx Rolling Buckler H xx Rolling Slide s.LM xx Toy Touch j.MMHS s.H (1 hit in corner, 3 hits mid-screen) c.HS sj.MMH xx Air Delta Kick H c.HS sj.HS -> finisher

Combo 2 (after a throw, Please Help Me, or Rolling Slide into s.LM):
confirm -> Toy Touch j.MMHS j.MMHS s.H (3 hits) c.HS sj.MMH xx Air Delta Kick H c.HS sj.HS -> finisher

Combo 3 (after an anti-air b.H):
b.HS sj.HS Toy Touch j.MHS xx Air Delta Kick H s.H c.HS sj.MHS -> finisher (This one is from memory... might want to double check on the exact limits for hitstun deterioration.)

Combo 4 (Air Delta Kick starter vs airborne opponents):
Air Delta Kick -> Toy Touch j.MMHS j.MMHS s.H c.HS sj.MMHS -> finisher (only perform 1 jump loop if Delta Kick hit 3 times instead of 2)

Combo finishers after a hard knockdown:
- Toy Touch into air throw reset
- Toy Touch into anti-air reset
- Sand Splash H xx Dancing Flash
- Sand Splash H xx Please Help Me M, Sand Splash L
- activate Kitty Helper during knockdown

You can also go for more gimmicky resets against unprepared opponents such as occasionally using a 2nd ADK in a combo and catching them when they expect a ground bounce instead of soft knockdown.

Execution notes:

- During j.MMHS loops, delay the S as long as possible to ensure you can follow-up with the rest of the combo. This is easier on characters with large vertical hitboxes. I wouldn't attempt multiple jump loops against small characters such as Rocket Raccoon.

- You can get 3 j.MMHS loops instead of 2 if you pick up with Toy Touch IMMEDIATELY when the opponent hits the ground (such as right after air throws into the corner and after Please Help Me).

- If you attempt s.H after a j.MMHS loop that carries the opponent into the corner, the opponent will often drop out after 1 hit of s.H unless you've positioned yourself correctly. In corner combos that include multiple jump loops, make sure you jump straight up (not up-forward) between jump loops to ensure this.

- When ending a corner combo with "c.HS sj.HS Sand Splash H," dash forward before the c.H so that you're basically underneath the opponent while they're bouncing, time c.H so that it hits at the apex of the opponent's bounce, super jump backward, press j.H as late as possible so that j.H and j.S still hit, charge back immediately, and immediately press forward + attack upon hitting the ground.

- In XF, use Cat Spike loops against grounded opponents. Against airborne opponents or in combos started from a move that makes the opponent airborne (Rolling Slide, Toy Touch), use j.MHS loops (j.MMHS will not connect).

More damaging combos can be seen here, but many are character/spacing dependent and are more difficult to perform.

Onemic

Karst or anyone else that plays Vergil, how do you get the sword loop to complete 3 times without you hitting the corner and fucking up the juggle? I can do 2 just fine, but once I get to the 3rd loop the dummy hits the corner by the time im in lunar phase and he drops out before I can get a judgement cut in.

Azure J

Karst or anyone else that plays Vergil, how do you get the sword loop to complete 3 times without you hitting the corner and fucking up the juggle? I can do 2 just fine, but once I get to the 3rd loop the dummy hits the corner by the time im in lunar phase and he drops out before I can get a judgement cut in.

You want to attempt dashing under them then released the charged Round Trip on your second rep so that they're midscreen for the juggles.

Frantic

I love when people project their guilt onto me: "lol lag warrior. please learn how to play the game". Guy in question was running Ghost Rider/Hulk/Doom. derp.

JeTmAn81

I love when people project their guilt onto me: "lol lag warrior. please learn how to play the game". Guy in question was running Ghost Rider/Hulk/Doom. derp.

SMH. There is no end to the stupidity of a random online warrior. Lately I've been making efforts to shepherd them towards the light.

onionfrog

This is why I only play people on my friends list or people from GAF. I'd rather not deal with the bad sportsmanship and "Play one game then leave" mindset of some online players.
I'd rather play a long set against someone who is a good sport about it.

Could anyone here give me some Nova tips?
Perhaps Racketpunch? Or The Mango Sentinel?
All I really know so far is:
Approach:
-Box dash H.
-Tridash L
-c.M
Combos:
-Can do basic combos off airthrow, using dp L to otg if far away and f.H if close.
-My regular combo is hitconfirm into: c.MHS j.MMH qcb S j.MHS f.H A1(triple arrow) dp M xx dp AA(or go for airthrow reset)
-In the corner I can do human rocket punch loops.
-I'm aware that his H fly H unfly H ...etc combo is better, but I'd prefer to pick something I can't drop.

I use speed tackle for its projectile invulnerability, but what is the trick to getting a full combo off it? It looks like you've got to control it in a certain pattern.

Also how should I be using energy javelin?

This is why I only play people on my friends list or people from GAF. I'd rather not deal with the bad sportsmanship and "Play one game then leave" mindset of some online players.
I'd rather play a long set against someone who is a good sport about it.

Could anyone here give me some Nova tips?
Perhaps Racketpunch? Or The Mango Sentinel?
All I really know so far is:
Approach:
-Box dash H.
-Tridash L
-c.M
Combos:
-Can do basic combos off airthrow, using dp L to otg if far away and f.H if close.
-My regular combo is hitconfirm into: c.MHS j.MMH qcb S j.MHS f.H A1(triple arrow) dp M xx dp AA(or go for airthrow reset)
-In the corner I can do human rocket punch loops.
-I'm aware that his H fly H unfly H ...etc combo is better, but I'd prefer to pick something I can't drop.

I use speed tackle for its projectile invulnerability, but what is the trick to getting a full combo off it? It looks like you've got to control it in a certain pattern.

Also how should I be using energy javelin?

what's your team?

i don't do anything fancy with nova. if i need extra damage i'll dhc into taskmaster up arrows or if the connection is good i'll do fly/unfly combos in the corner.

standing L is a great anti-air, kind of like spencer's.

i only use energy javelin if i can hide behind grav pulse H and call on of my assists, and sometimes i'll go for the energy javelin reset in the corner (i personally don't like using that reset).

onionfrog

what's your team?

i don't do anything fancy with nova. if i need extra damage i'll dhc into taskmaster up arrows or if the connection is good i'll do fly/unfly combos in the corner.

standing L is a great anti-air, kind of like spencer's.

i only use energy javelin if i can hide behind grav pulse H and call on of my assists, and sometimes i'll go for the energy javelin reset in the corner (i personally don't like using that reset).
I'm currently trying Nova(Centurion Rush)/Hawkeye(Triple Arrows)/Sentinel(Drones).
It works pretty well. Although maybe I'll experiment with hawkeye's vertical arrow assist as well. I remember that you made good use of Task's vertical arrow assist with Nova.

I may also experiment with some characters that'll give me damaging DHC's from Nova. Doom is obviously a good choice, but I'm terrible with him.

Thanks for the info about standing L being a good anti air.

What is the energy javelin reset?

I'm currently trying Nova(Centurion Rush)/Hawkeye(Triple Arrows)/Sentinel(Drones).
It works pretty well. Although maybe I'll experiment with hawkeye's vertical arrow assist as well. I remember that you made good use of Task's vertical arrow assist with Nova.

I may also experiment with some characters that'll give me damaging DHC's from Nova. Doom is obviously a good choice, but I'm terrible with him.

Thanks for the info about standing L being a good anti air.

What is the energy javelin reset?

yeah, that's not a bad team. maybe you can use poison tip assist in your bnb for extra damage, since i assume you're already using drones to get in.

basically do whatever combo in the corner that results in you having to relaunch with S. cancel the S with energy javelin (up + [atk+S])
http://youtu.be/gvaw1R2UuJI?t=40s
though, it's pretty old tech and i see it blocked a lot on streams. after POWER OF THE NOVA FORCE, i'll just hesitate and try to catch them with an air throw if i need a reset. but most of the time, i have enough meter to dhc.

edit: same vid lakeearth posted, but the reset at 40 seconds

Hey Onion,

Have you tried extending with drones assist? After your air bnb call drones when you land and do the overhead smash to OTG, into s.H, drones will hit, into dp.M, dp. L, and nova force. You can also go for a reset attempt after that dp.M because of the ground bounce it causes. Standing L will pop them up for an air throw etc... Usually if that nova force won't kill I'll go for some kind of mixup. I hate to say it but yes, I do utilize a TAC game with nova which is why I have Magneto second. After the dp.M then I'll launch them and go for the TAC or the Fchamp style reset.

Another thing I find really important with Nova is learning to front/back dash. It's too good to not utilize for spacing. It just makes his box dash more ambiguous if your opponent knows you have the ground movement down as well.

Hey Onion,

Have you tried extending with drones assist? After your air bnb call drones when you land and do the overhead smash to OTG, into s.H, drones will hit, into dp.M, dp. L, and nova force. You can also go for a reset attempt after that dp.M because of the ground bounce it causes. Standing L will pop them up for an air throw etc... Usually if that nova force won't kill I'll go for some kind of mixup. I hate to say it but yes, I do utilize a TAC game with nova which is why I have Magneto second. After the dp.M then I'll launch them and go for the TAC or the Fchamp style reset.

Another thing I find really important with Nova is learning to front/back dash. It's too good to not utilize for spacing. It just makes his box dash more ambiguous if your opponent knows you have the ground movement down as well.

i strongly agree with this statement since i picked up nova. wavedashing (back + forward) is highly fundamental in this game and helps nova a lot.

HO HO HO HOLY SHIT! He didn't even use X-Factor or other characters.

SMH. There is no end to the stupidity of a random online warrior. Lately I've been making efforts to shepherd them towards the light.

I must be a lucky ones because generally when I play randoms online, they are competent and respectful. I have made quite of few Marvel friends that I regularly play with through random matches.

JeTmAn81

HO HO HO HOLY SHIT! He didn't even use X-Factor or other characters.

I must be a lucky ones because generally when I play randoms online, they are competent and respectful. I have made quite of few Marvel friends that I regularly play with through random matches.

You play Phoenix Wright. One would have to be an inhuman monster to take umbrage at your play.

That...that poor animal :(

onionfrog

Thanks, will check this vid out after work.
yeah, that's not a bad team. maybe you can use poison tip assist in your bnb for extra damage, since i assume you're already using drones to get in.

edit: same vid lakeearth posted, but the reset at 40 seconds
I'll mess around with poison tip for extra damage. I think I'm just really comfortable with triple arrows assist. And my Hawkeye managed to do quite well against Karst yesterday.
Hey Onion,
Have you tried extending with drones assist? After your air bnb call drones when you land and do the overhead smash to OTG, into s.H, drones will hit, into dp.M, dp. L, and nova force.
I have, but the extension you posted is better than what I was doing. I'd call drones after magic series, then overhead smash OTG, s.M, drones hit, into dp M into super( or s.L for air throw ) I've got to practice the air throw resets more, I don't yet have a good feel for them like I do Felicia's.
Noted. I need to work on my ground movement in general.

You play Phoenix Wright. One would have to be an inhuman monster to take umbrage at your play.
I've done this... But in a good way, not sending hate mail. More like yelling "Fuck Phoenix Wright!" At my TV While smiling at the fact that Slasher was able to make me rage at Phoenix Wright.

Dash under or learn the corner combo extension. After you land your last c.H, instead of going into Spiral Swords again do f.H if you haven't used your wall bounce up yet, wait until they start to fall, release Round Trip, c.H, qcf.L, c.H, Spiral Swords. It's basically half of a Spiral Swords loop for free and switches your sides. I suck at doing this and usually just dash under my opponent. I find it pretty easy and did it on my first try. Oh, and when you dash, you do it after Lunar Phase. I also find Lunar Phase to be easier than the j.d+H loops.

As someone who has raged both because of your play and our connection at times, I can say that I feel instantly embarrassed for even thinking to complain about losing to a Wright player. Even though I don't think he's bad, it just seems silly. Ironically, your team is one of the most difficult for me to fight with my style of gameplay. It's that damn shield!

Kioshen

The trick is that you only need to hit the super two times and whiff the third to land diagonally. You can use L or M to continue from there.

onionfrog

So I'm catching up on Winter Brawl 7 archives right now... Good Lord PR Rog's team is fucking boring to watch.
Maximum trolling from ChrisG picking firebrand in grand finals.
That PR Rog rage quit during grand finals was priceless.

Top Bottom