• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultimate Spider-man Season One |OT|: Because Being "Spectacular" is just not enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this be based off the Ultimate Spiderman comics? If so, color me interested.

It's been a few years since I last read Ultimate, but I don't recall Fury being part of the comics, at least, early in the game.

Nesotenso

It's not a 100% percent retelling of the comic. Actually elements seem to follow what Peter would have done if he had lived.

SephCast

Brotherhood of Shipley's
I'm DVRing this, and I loved Spectacular, but I'm a tiny bit worried about the added characters. Doesn't seem like it's following the comic perfectly.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm DVRing this, and I loved Spectacular, but I'm a tiny bit worried about the added characters. Doesn't seem like it's following the comic perfectly.

i dont know of an animated series based on a comic that has.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Guess the characters

qVt7P.jpg

g3Noc.jpg

cGJE9.jpg

N8aXs.jpg

0e0QY.jpg

Wolverine, Doc Ock and Venom are pretty obvious

First one is
Dr. Doom.
Second is
Doc. Ock.
Third is
Hulk.
Fourth is
Venom.
Fifth is
Wolverine.

It's Taskmaster

I hope they keep the voice from
MvC3

I was at the comic shop this week and they had a freebie issue of the cartoon adaptation of Ultimate Spider-Man where they took screen caps of the first episode and put it in comic format.

abundant

First one is
Dr. Doom.
Second is
Doc. Ock.
Third is
Hulk.
Fourth is
Venom.
Fifth is
Wolverine.

Close, but the first one is Taskmaster, not Doom. You can make out the sword, the cape, and the hood of the Taskmaster.

Platy

Not sure if I like this amount of crossover .... this is a Spider-Man series ! I want to see Spider-Man stuff ! =/

Nesotenso

Not sure if I like this amount of crossover .... this is a Spider-Man series ! I want to see Spider-Man stuff ! =/

Recent interviews seem to allay similar fears I had. Man of Action members said that Peter will be the main focus, his rogues galleries, supporting cast etc. But yeah they have the wider Marvel U at their disposal unlike Spectacular.

SRidge52

Banned
Spectacular Spider-Man was killed off and this crap is what we get instead?

Horrible. God, I miss Spectacular Spider-Man even more now. :(

Parallax

Its seems like a good majority of this thread is spectacular bitching. Come on people.

Tizoc

Really looking forward to the first ep =D
BTW, where's the OT for Avengers since Season 2 is starting with it as well?

SykoTech

Its seems like a good majority of this thread is spectacular bitching. Come on people.

Eh, I ain't mad at them. Spectacular was an excellent show, and died right when things were getting extremely good. This show is replacing it, and nothing about it looks as good as Spectacular so far. The complaining isn't exactly random.

That said, I'm looking forward to it. It certainly doesn't look like my ideal Spider-Man cartoon like Spectacular was becoming and I don't really like Drake's voice for Spidey or some of the designs (Ock and Nova mainly). But it looks pretty entertaining to some extent, and has Paul Dini. Should be worth watching.

I just pray that some of those gimmicks are a one-episode thing. If Spider-Man is going to continuously use that motorcycle to get around, I'll probably be turned off entirely.

I really hope they go the Young Justice route and immerse this show with lore. I want to see villains and heroes all over the place. Make it feel like a living world.

Nesotenso

Ha. Well, we have had multiple Parker cartoons. Why not try something different? This is "Ultimate" after all.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I hate the direction the comic book has taken. So I hate the concept of Miles Morales and everything that went with it.

Also I highly doubt they will kill Peter in a kids show.

Van Owen

Banned
Does this even follow the Ultimate storyline? The previews didn't look like it.

One scene showed Fury saying he wanted to help Peter become the "Ultimate" Spider-Man, so it seems like a name they just slapped on there.

Violater

Pretty good voice acting cast they have there, this thing must be expensive to make.
Personally I would love to see a more mature Spider-man animated series one day.

Penguin

Does this even follow the Ultimate storyline? The previews didn't look like it.

One scene showed Fury saying he wanted to help Peter become the "Ultimate" Spider-Man, so it seems like a name they just slapped on there.

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be the Ultimate universe really. Just a name.

The premiere was interesting.. not what I was expecting with all the asides and stuff, it really does feel like a cartoon, but I enjoyed it.

Didn't care for the Marvel Mash-ups though.

Parallax

Ha. Well, we have had multiple Parker cartoons. Why not try something different? This is "Ultimate" after all.
Then start the series with morales, but dont do a first season replacement. And the iron man suit looks like hot garbage.

Slayven

I think this is the first depiction of Aunt May that isn't a billion years old. The series about her as a teen and Peter being her kid doesn't count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom