• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

vg260

So MadCatz is also putting out a P4AU themed TE2 stick and based on a Twitter tease, a GGXrd one as well. All the Sony versions have a PS3/PS4 toggle. I guess that puts a bit of a damper on the USFIV themed one having a toggle hinting toward a PS4 USFIV.

When we say terrible, we mean in the technical sense. As in, people will get randomly signed off of PSN during a match or a lobby (resulting in a loss of points in Ranked), truly horrendous lag against certain people that feels as if the characters are wading through a solid block of molasses to beat the crap out of each other, and twice I've had the game freeze on me during the online VS screen (the one where it shows both characters that were chosen and what ultras were picked) where I had to restart the PS3.

I see a lot of people talking about these disconnects but yet to have it happen once. How often exactly does it happen?

I've really not had much time to play and only played around 100 matches online since I bought Ultra a couple days after release, have I just not played enough to experience it?

100 matches with no disconnect is a good connection imo.

edit: I only play green bars, are people gambling with less?

El Sloth

Banned
oh, that lag was present in original AE as well, so I understand that. as long as all the other issues are with the online, then cool -- grabbing it tonight. thanks guys
Nah, man. I've been playing online since Super and I never experienced this sort of lag before. This is definitely new.
I see a lot of people talking about these disconnects but yet to have it happen once. How often exactly does it happen?

I've really not had much time to play and only played around 100 matches online since I bought Ultra a couple days after release, have I just not played enough to experience it?

I can only speak anecdotally, of course, and specifically only my experiences on PSN, but it seems to happen most often (to me) in endless lobbies with more than 3 people. It happens enough to get annoying. Has happened at least once every time I've made a GAF lobby outside of the Team Battle tournament.

I haven't had it happen to me on Ranked, but then again I'm not really playing much Ranked at all.

OceanBlue

I wish I was fortunate enough to find green bars in endless all of the time. I get disconnects twice or three times every session.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Nah, man. I've been playing online since Super and I never experienced this sort of lag before. This is definitely new.

Yeah, I can agree with this, but at the same time, I also think it's being a bit exaggerated. I'm still generally having very playable matches online and stick to smaller lobbies.

I can only speak anecdotally, of course, and specifically only my experiences on PSN, but it seems to happen most often (to me) in endless lobbies with more than 3 people. It happens enough to get annoying. Has happened at least once every time I've made a GAF lobby outside of the Team Battle tournament.

I haven't had it happen to me on Ranked, but then again I'm not really playing much Ranked at all.

I've not played endless with more than three, maybe that is it then.

I wish I was fortunate enough to find green bars in endless all of the time. I get disconnects twice or three times every session.

It isn't like I don't find yellows and reds, I just don't play them. Losing a match over what I put down to lag enrages me to no end, so I just stick to greens even if it means taking longer for a match. Still find lagging matches now and again though.

El Sloth

Banned
Yeah, I can agree with this, but at the same time, I also think it's being a bit exaggerated. I'm still generally having very playable matches online.
I don't feel like I'm exaggerating at all. When the connection is good, it's pretty good. Maybe even better than AE. But when it's bad, it is terrible. Either you get everyone moving in slow motion or the "Player Waiting" signs disrupting the flow of the match. The former has weirdly happened to me on green bars too, but I suspect those people were playing over wi-fi.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences. It's not my intention to blow things out of proportion.
I've not played endless with more than three, maybe that is it then.
It could just be that all the people in this thread having problems also just have worst net then yours too. Or that there's an unusually high number of people in this thread having problems compared to the total number of people playing online just fine.

Onemic

I do it if i can finish the round with it or to go into cr jab x3 stand jab xx sweep combo for the untechable. I dont really know any sei'ei enbu combos so what else am i going to do with the meter right?

If you want a knockdown that puts you close to the opponent why dont you do: whatever, FADC, cl.mk, dash, cl,mk, hk roll kick

You get tons of corner carry and more dmg. Yang doesnt really get much off a hard knockdown vs a soft knockdown.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I don't feel like I'm exaggerating at all. When the connection is good, it's pretty good. Maybe even better than AE. But when it's bad, it is terrible. Either you get everyone moving in slow motion or the "Player Waiting" signs disrupting the flow of the match. The former has weirdly happened to me on green bars too, but I suspect those people were playing over wi-fi.

I'm just speaking from my own experiences. It's not my intention to blow things out of proportion.

Oh, wasn't referring directly to your experiences; meant everyone in general. But when it gets bad, it is worse than previous versions. Definitely agree. I just wouldn't stop playing because of it.

Grakl

do you mean input lag or online lag? there was always a difference in inputs between the 360 and ps3 versions, but I didn't hear that input lag got worse

edit: seems like you're talking about online lag -- I don't mind, then

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
If you want a knockdown that puts you close to the opponent why dont you do: whatever, FADC, cl.mk, dash, cl,mk, hk roll kick

You get tons of corner carry and more dmg. Yang doesnt really get much off a hard knockdown vs a soft knockdown.

I usually do some variation of that. I use the sweep combo to get to neutral against grapplers or any other characters i dont want to be next to. Or to maul rolento.

Rhapsody

Banned
Trust me you don't want variety.

Then you'll get Ibukis, Vipers, and Yuns.

Better than an onslaught of Guiles when I'm trying to learn Hugo lol

Edit: no worries. I definitely want to get more next time. I'm having a bad habit of doing dumb reads because of random ranked, and I want that ironed out.

Marz

Better than an onslaught of Guiles when I'm trying to learn Hugo lol

Edit: no worries. I definitely want to get more next time. I'm having a bad habit of doing dumb reads because of random ranked, and I want that ironed out.

Hugo is a beast I love him.

What on earth do you do vs. Guile/Sagat/Juri/Gouken? Lol

Malalaw

tumblr_lmy208mBOF1qenfqso1_500.jpg

Supast4r

Do you guys think that Poison is bad??? Because nearly every early tier list has her very low. Personally I think that she is mid tier with Gouken but that is just me.

Onemic

Do you guys think that Poison is bad??? Because nearly every early tier list has her very low. Personally I think that she is mid tier with Gouken but that is just me.

Arent there only Aliounes and Ultra Davids tier lists up right now? Alioune has her as mid and UD has her at low-mid.

Onemic

ya I feel thats too low for her. imo shes mid tier or at the very least has the potential to be. I havent heard any Poison players say shes anything lower than mid either.

I most definitely do not agree with Oni's placement above Ryu and Ken either. It seems that many players in NA think Ken is low-mid while JPN players think he's top 10.

So what I've learned about tiers so far is...

.... everyone is fucking wrong

I'm hoping to see a more traditional tier list in the next 3 months. I want to see matchups.

Geniuzz

So, anyone know about the alternate costumes Capcom was supposed to give us if we bought the game on the first week? (EU PSN)

I missed them too. And I have been actively looking for them on a daily basis. Oh well, I still have the Vanilla colors 11 and 12 and the SFXT Alts.

Just faced the #2 Hawk on PSN. YOLO dives and SPDs everywhere.

I've never played against the #1 Evil Ryu on PSN, but I've watched several of his replays. Dude looks no better than me. Well I may not be able to beat him(lets say in a long set) but I'm not impressed at all.

I just kind of expect better from the guys at the top of the leader board. Not that I expect them to be a threat to win a major, but I figured these guys would be pretty solid players. The #1 Evil Ryu though goes for a lot of gimmicks and makes some weird decisions like empty jump cr. LK > LK tatsu. Basically just doing something that's really unsafe on block without confirming it.

Cobalt, the other night when we played I got off to a really bad start. Gouken is one match up that I personally struggle with and I get really frustrated and just start running into fireballs trying to close the distance. I have a friend who plays Gouken I tried to play you like how I play him, but it wasn't working because your style is different from his. I want to run that back again some other time. It's a match up I need to work on, plus whenever I attack a Gouken on wake up and they do demon flip I just freeze because I'm not sure whether the EX demon flip auto corrected or not.

plus whenever I attack a Gouken on wake up and they do demon flip I just freeze because I'm not sure whether the EX demon flip auto corrected or not.
I stand there like a complete jackass every single time Gouken does ex demon flip. I don't have this problem with any other character. Cammy, Akuma, Guy I'm all fine with. But that old man....

Top Bottom