• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

RIP OLD THREAD. last post kappa.

Since they closed the old thread before I could respond I'll just say it in this one. Can't go to EVO, I really wish I could though. I blew most of my vacation on my wedding and a lot of money as well. Plus I live all the way on the east coast so I can't just drop by for a few days. Will definitely try to attend next year though.

The only time I've gone was EVO 2011 and that was the last time SF4 top 8 was hype. So maybe I'm the key to making USF4 top 8 hype? :O

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
Since they closed the old thread before I could respond I'll just say it in this one. Can't go to EVO, I really wish I could though. I blew most of my vacation on my wedding and a lot of money as well. Plus I live all the way on the east coast so I can't just drop by for a few days. Will definitely try to attend next year though.

The only time I've gone was EVO 2011 and that was the last time SF4 top 8 was hype. So maybe I'm the key to making USF4 top 8 hype? :O

It better be hype this year I'm gonna be there XD

Sylver

Banned
Seems Super Street Fighter IV: AE update without GFWL on Steam arrives on may 30th.
Finally will be able to play my copy on PC.

i'll miss your shenanigans. i thought you were going to cross me up the entire time with e.ryu but it always landed in the front... and yun. just ... residentsleeper.

Venfayth

I've watched a ton of videos about the new characters, and I've played them in SFXT, but I just won't 'get' them until I actually get to try them out in Ultra; I need to just sit in training mode for a few days with them.

I would try to go this year, but it's 600 some bucks for a ticket so it isn't worth it, since I wan't to visit my brother. I might try to hit up tfc in the fall

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
So wait, does Red Focus absorb all the attacks before it releases?

Looking at Desk's Red Focus video, when Poison absorbs all of Chun's Ultra 2, it seems like her FA should've finished, but it just kept charging.
Absorbing a hit causes hitstop even if it's not an actual hit, so the focus attack lasts longer than it otherwise would, and level 3 red focus has armor through the entire move not just until button release. Absorb 20 hits and it stays out for quite some time!

Manoko

I'm sure this question has already been asked before so I apologize in advance, couldn't find an answer yet.

I have Super Street Fighter IV on PS3 and didn't buy the DLC for the Arcade Edition.
Will the purchase of the DLC for the Ultra Edition (for $15 I believe) give me everything the Arcade Edition offers too (new characters, etc) ?

Thank you. :)

vulva

I'm sure this question has already been asked before so I apologize in advance, couldn't find an answer yet.

I have Super Street Fighter IV on PS3 and didn't buy the DLC for the Arcade Edition.
Will the purchase of the DLC for the Ultra Edition (for $15 I believe) give me everything the Arcade Edition offers (new characters, etc) ?

Thank you. :)

Yeah, basically you'll get the same upgrade that Arcade Edition purchasers get. The final product will be the exact same, etc.

Onemic

I'm going to EVO and I'm a student!

I also work 2 jobs basically full time though T_T

Im in dat non-working life ;_;

Only high note is having more time to try and catch up to everyone else that has a good 3 year head start on me at this game.

Tesseract

Banned
I'll battle you on 360 launch.

If you lose, you have to stop using the dancing puppet gif and pass it to me :p

deal!

iBcexTwbKsGxx.gif

Shoulda got married at EVO, Rice Eater.

It's been suggested to me several times, and with Wizard as the priest. She didn't like the suggestion though, nor did any of my family lol.

On another note, Daigo is now #1 in USF4 arcade rankings with Evil Ryu :O

If I see Sako vs Daigo in a Evil Ryu mirror at EVO 2014 and I can die in peace.

Siktastic

Banned
I laughed when I saw that buff so hard. Yun couldn't get in free enough before now he can get in for no effort easier.

I honestly thought I was getting trolled at first... My god its real.

yun in AE 2012
tumblr_lmjem10Eyi1qbmtuco1_500.png

yun in ultra SF now
GOKU_SUPER_SAIYAN_LIVE_by_chilin.jpg

smh but Ken is looking good. Even though the punishable sweep is something Ken players are gonna flip about

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EX Lunge was never that amazing of a move. It was just in addition to everything else AE Yun had that it was great. It's not even fireball invincible.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Seems like something that's good vs non fireball characters though.
It has lower body strike invincibility on its active frames, but has a ton of startup and recovery. You can probably low profile it but it's been ages since I had to run tests on it.

Top Bottom