• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
At work so I can't view various sites, but what was fixed about Chun's U1?
Before certain characters would fall out of it when juggled so they don't reach the full animation, but now they made it so characters stay in place so they'll take full hits.

Tizoc

Before certain characters would fall out of it when juggled so they don't reach the full animation, but now they made it so characters stay in place so they'll take full hits.

Neat, man I really want to spend time in the lab now testing out all the new combo options.
....I haven't fired up my PS3 in 2 months >_>;

WTF is up with this Cammy nerf for her U1?
Gyro Drive Smasher (UC1) non-cinematic last hit damage reduced by 40 (210 → 170)

This'd make comboing into it pointless unless you have more options to combo into the full animation.

Regarding FeiLong though
Rekkashingeki (UC1) non-cinematic 3rd hit floats the opponent higher, when used in air combos the last hit now connects
Uh does this mean we could juggle off the 3rd punch now or something? Or does it mean you'll recover first?

I don't understand this about Claw
Flying Barcelona Special (Super Combo) now has an attack added during the motion to the wall, does 100 damage; Rolling Izuna Drop damage 100*100*100; gauge consumption timing changed from when Vega reaches the wall to at the time of activation
So when Claw jumps to a wall he'll do 100 damage? would that make it so if I hit them with the jump then the grab, the super'll do 400 damage? Does the last part mean that as soon as you input the super, the meter is consumed?

xCobalt

Regarding FeiLong though

Uh does this mean we could juggle off the 3rd punch now or something? Or does it mean you'll recover first?

I don't understand this about Claw

So when Claw jumps to a wall he'll do 100 damage? would that make it so if I hit them with the jump then the grab, the super'll do 400 damage? Does the last part mean that as soon as you input the super, the meter is consumed?

For Fei, I think it means he gets all 3 hits of the non-cinematic ultra. The third "hit" refers to the third punch in the actual ultra animation. iiirc, only the first, third and fifth punches of the ultra combo can hit.

For Claw, 400 damage sounds about right. Because of the addition of the first hit, meter will be depleted immediately. If it didn't, he would be able to do the super and if it trades/stuffs, he wouldn't lose any meter.

Regarding Cammy, she loses a little bit of damage from DP, FADC, Ultra. Not that much though, it goes from 339 to 311 in that situation. It hurts a little but she actually comes out better in USF4 than most in this regard because she can get her Ultra from a backdash where as everybody else is dashing into -5 now

Regarding Fei, this means he gets 3 hits on partial Ultra now(it was 2 before) after a juggled chicken wing. It was always possible before, you just had to start it when your opponent was really high in the air. So this just makes it easier to land. It really helps because the 3rd hit is where most of the damage comes from.

Tizoc

For Fei, I think it means he gets all 3 hits of the non-cinematic ultra. The third "hit" refers to the third punch in the actual ultra animation. iiirc, only the first, third and fifth punches of the ultra combo can hit.
Oh my bad; I always recall seeing his Ultra doing 3 hits if juggled into and misunderstood what the 3rd 'hit' meant in the link, thanks for clearing it up.
For Claw, 400 damage sounds about right. Because of the addition of the first hit, meter will be depleted immediately. If it didn't, he would be able to do the super and if it trades/stuffs, he wouldn't lose any meter.

Dayum, well since he'd be using up all his meter that's rather understandable.

Westlo

Don't see sako playing evil ryu when everyone is running to him, ibuki is like way more buffed than evil ryu too.

xCobalt

Oh my bad; I always recall seeing his Ultra doing 3 hits if juggled into and misunderstood what the 3rd 'hit' meant in the link, thanks for clearing it up.

I think its character specific. I remember seeing a list somewhere that showed what situations/characters would get hit by all 3 hits.

Don't see sako playing evil ryu when everyone is running to him, ibuki is like way more buffed than evil ryu too.

I think he'll continue playing both characters. Both got better and are looking like top 10 material in USF4. No reason to drop one or the other. He'll probably choose which one to use depending on the match up.

I'd love to see a Evil Ryu mirror between Sako and Daigo, but I think if they met in a tournament Sako will go back to Ibuki because it's a more favorable match up like he has done before when he faced Daigo's Ryu.

Tizoc

Ugh can't believe I gotta wait til effin' August to get this since I want the retail ver. of the game =_=
Shopto has the EU ver. for 18 Pounds, I might get it thru there if they ship to outside UK.

vulva

Armor break overhead and hard knockdown fireball are awesome for her.

To be honest, I don't care about either of those. I'm happy U1 juggles properly in the corner, the lk and hk spinning bird kicks actually have a use now which is crazy to me.

Also she has an anti-air which is something she sorely needs.

4gamer showed off some USF4 wall scrolls featuring the work of the amazing artist Kinu Nishimura. Just Cammy and Chun-Li though.

http://www.4gamer.net/games/225/G022539/20140528013/

They are probably good avatar material for anyone who wants to mess around with them. Enjoy

A friend of mine showed me these earlier, and since Cammy is my main, I made this wallpaper real quick, and I figured I'd share it:
icxJ0vfT1574Z.jpg

I'm probably not actually going to use it myself, I just did it for fun and practice. Here's the cutout of Cammy I did, in case anyone wants to use it.

Anyway, looking forward to Ultra Street Fighter IV, but I'm still not sure if I'll get the downloadable upgrade, or wait until the retail version comes out. Heh.

Laws00

Well I found out not to install the ultra update on my PS3. It won't recognize my AE update kit now. So all my dlc won't work. It thinks I have super now. Oh well at least I got you Xbox version as 2012

They buffed chun out of trash tier, it looks like.

Should be some better combo potential for those of us who are not desk with her fixed ultra 1 and sbk buffs.

Going to play this game again

Varth

So if you upgrade from Super you get also the AE content (Yun/Yang/EvilRyu/Oni) or just rebalance stuff (new parry and so on)? And no costumes, right? Those are only in the retail. Did I get this right?

HiResDes

Like I said before considering Sim's high entry point and bevvy of 3-7 matchups, you'd think Capcom would have buffed him more...And no I've never played the character

jlai

To be honest, I don't care about either of those. I'm happy U1 juggles properly in the corner, the lk and hk spinning bird kicks actually have a use now which is crazy to me.

Also she has an anti-air which is something she sorely needs.

EX fireball knockdown is going to be a great buff I think. I'd imagine Chun could dash U1 juggle from near full screen after EX fireball goes through opponent's regular fireball similarly to how Sagat can U2 juggle off EX fireball beating opponent's regular fireball.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
EX fireball knockdown is going to be a great buff I think. I'd imagine Chun could dash U1 juggle from near full screen after EX fireball goes through opponent's regular fireball similarly to how Sagat can U2 juggle off EX fireball beating opponent's regular fireball.
She doesn't even need to dash! She can be absolute max distance and it'll fully juggle as-is because a falling character has a wider hurtbox. You can also do ex kikouken U2 from just over halfscreen away.

She doesn't even need to dash! She can be absolute max distance and it'll fully juggle as-is because a falling character has a wider hurtbox. You can also do ex kikouken U2 from just over halfscreen away.

is the 2nd hit the one that puts them in a juggle state? if so, you can hit someone with a long fireball recovery if the fist one absorbed the opponents fb and then tag them with full screen ultra, yeah?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
is the 2nd hit the one that puts them in a juggle state? if so, you can hit someone with a long fireball recovery if the fist one absorbed the opponents fb and then tag them with full screen ultra, yeah?
That's the thing. Need to confirm that point because in the ultra mod it doesn't work that way. Obviously it could just be the mod not doing it right but it's a lack of information either way.

Just turned on the PS3 to see Ultra has been downloaded. I thought it wasn't out till next week, what gives? Never preordered digital before.

*NVM, didn't know they were preloading this.

I can't even be mad anymore being a Sim player. Shit is just hilarious right now. Shouts to my brethren in the low tier ghetto.
Characters like Makoto, Cody and Dudley aren't that bad: touch of death if they reach you all the same, but they've vulnerable to Sim's poke at least. Even Rufus is alright-ish due to his size. Facing someone like AE Cammy or Yun however is torture.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
My digital copy of AE still allows me to play AE. It's just SSFIV owners that seem to be locked out, I suppose.
Yeah, pretty much.

I'm not really upset either way. I have other versions to fall back on, and I could always work on my Nu during this time. Hell, maybe I could do something actually productive!

Edit: It'd be hilarious if this lead the game to coming out urley.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
A friend of mine showed me these earlier, and since Cammy is my main, I made this wallpaper real quick, and I figured I'd share it:

I'm probably not actually going to use it myself, I just did it for fun and practice. Here's the cutout of Cammy I did, in case anyone wants to use it.

Anyway, looking forward to Ultra Street Fighter IV, but I'm still not sure if I'll get the downloadable upgrade, or wait until the retail version comes out. Heh.

Awesome, thanks!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Why is the disc version so far behind?
There are certain things that have to be finished. They're rushing out a playable version online first so it can get into the competitive circuit, but stuff like Trials will have to wait. They also need to physically publish copies as well.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There are certain things that have to be finished. They're rushing out a playable version online first so it can get into the competitive circuit, but stuff like Trials will have to wait. They also need to physically publish copies as well.

Didn't know this. So certain modes will be greyed-out until later?

Top Bottom