• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Westlo

Everyone just wants Daigo Evil Ryu to get blown up so he goes back to Ryu, but more like he'll switch to Yun if that happened lol.

Kazunoko vs Daigo will probably be a massive match if it takes place.... gotta pick Kazu if it happened though... Kazu took out Sako's Evil Ryu 7-4 in topanga... and Yun got way better in Ultra... he went from losing 0-7 to Momochi Ken in topanga to losing 2-3, 2-3 @ SEAM.

alstein

Hmm, seems I listed most of those save for:

Honda U1 in my matches against him haven't factored heavily. I'm trying to recall some matches with Kevo if this happened often.

Worry about Honda when he has Super, not Ultra. OG Honda players will super to punish FBs. Especially if they aren't hands-happy.

I remember there was a SFIV site for matchups. You basically pick a character and then another character and there will be videos loaded with them against each other from tournaments, online replays, etc. It was pretty extensive and covered everything. Doesn't look like it exists anymore. We need a site like that.

And going by the latest videos of Daigo's Evil Ryu, I am not impressed. It doesn't look anywhere near Sako's level and that was without the Ultra buffs. And would not beat Ken's Momochi during SEAM. I am not confident in Daigo getting far yet alone win EVO if he doesn't step it up.

homingcancel.com had this for Arcana. Surprised more games didn't do something like this.

Anne

Had a relatively strong regional player stop by the arcade this week. He plays Yun/Decarpe. He was actually using most of the Decapre tech and I can say that character is obnoxious at the very least. I don't think she's super strong, but she definitely has things that will give certain chars some issues. Her mix up wasn't too hard to block but everything turns into pressure.

Yun is just silly now. Has everything a top tier needs in Ultra and then some. I did get by a 100% reset at some point and that's just no bueno. I don't think he's worth crying about but he's clearly one of the strongest chars atm.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I just got rushed down by a dhalsim while playing yang. This man beat me like a red headed stepchild. Imma go ..think about things..

Laconic

Banned
I just got rushed down by a dhalsim while playing yang. This man beat me like a red headed stepchild. Imma go ..think about things..

Sounds like someone who realized running from Yang would be losing proposition for Dhalsim. Slide and Ultra shennies?

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Sounds like someone who realized running from Yang would be losing proposition for Dhalsim. Slide and Ultra shennies?

Im thinking the dude was a witch. There was sliding but he just read me like a pamphlet. I aint even mad. I like watching some good sim. Tweee!

ShinMaruku

So I have found my character stable Juri,Cammy,Yun and Oni. But my problem is my execution is ass and I have no fundamentals. Did I fuck myself picking these technical characters?(Before an of you asses say they scrub friendly how much of them have won a major under multiple people?)

Anne

Until somebody outside of Japan wins with Yun and Somebody other than KBrad wins with Cammy, I won't believe you.

He's pretty right to a degree. Yun dishes out a lot for a little and he can get around some footsie stuff. Cammy requires a bit more execution but she also has some tools that let her go nuts. Juri is a bit more technical since you'll have to learn to NE and juggle options, so there's that.

Just because you don't see a char winning everything doesn't mean they're not good or have some strong tools. If you can take your losses and actually put in a little effort to practice, play who you want. You'll learn the technical stuff in time and build your fundamentals, you just gotta get by at the low-mid level with the basics. It's honestly all you need until the high level. Don't think you need to grind out optimized stuff yet, build it over time.

cHaotix8

Anyone down for games? Need some more match up exp for Elena and Cody. Also, does anyone here play Chun? I really need to grind that matchup out.

I should clarify I mean when you release the focus attack instead of just dashing forward.

For level 1 focus and dash forward most characters are -2 I think, which includes Ken. Some characters like Chun and Gouken are even or +1 after a blocked level 1 focus release and dash forward. Even at -2 it's safe enough. Throw out a yolo DP or two and they'll remember that and just block next time lol.

-an insane amount then, frame data app says -28 for level 1 and -22 for level 2 focus

don't think it's an fadc if there's no dash cancel, hah
I guess there may not be a proper term for what I'm trying to say but it woudl be be srk -> cancel into fa -> release fa (lvl 1) -> dash forward.
For level 1 focus and dash forward most characters are -2 I think, which includes Ken. Some characters like Chun and Gouken are even or +1 after a blocked level 1 focus release and dash forward. Even at -2 it's safe enough. Throw out a yolo DP or two and they'll remember that and just block next time lol.
Ok thx, don't know why I can't find any info on it.

-an insane amount then, frame data app says -28 for level 1 and -22 for level 2 focus

don't think it's an fadc if there's no dash cancel, hah

I just looked at the app myself, besides the level 1 and 2 focus attacks, their is a apostrophe with another number. It says -2 for level 1 and +4 for level 2, I'm pretty sure that means a immediate forward dash after releasing a focus attack at those two levels on block.

Grakl

I just looked at the app myself, besides the level 1 and 2 focus attacks, their is a apostrophe with another number. It says -2 for level 1 and +4 for level 2, I'm pretty sure that means a immediate forward dash after releasing a focus attack at those two levels on block.
I don't see it -- FA-Tool, right? I believe you anyway ofc lol

I don't see it -- FA-Tool, right? I believe you anyway ofc lol

Oh you're talking about that app. I have that one as well but the one I was talking about before was the official app released by Brady Games. It looks nice and has some more detailed information, it's just slow as fuck so I also got the FA Tool app when I want to look up stuff quicker.

cackhyena

Why not? I don't get it. I was thinking about picking him up and dropping Oni.

woZL9TO.gif

Once you find the right character you can apply similar methodology from Marvel in your tactics.
Well, I haven't found the right character or the right understanding of this game yet, so I'm still available if you want to play. Onemic was going close to even using my main character against me, even. I'm not good.

ggs Cobalt.

I was getting mad salty from Rolento because my motions kept getting all fucked up whenever you'd hop back and forth. Kept getting what I didn't want.

Also in the matches when I was using Dudley, I felt the turning point was where I decided that I wasn't gonna let you just press all the buttons you want anymore lol. Gouken's normals are so commanding and have a lot of blockstun so I just said fuck it YOLO and started pressing as many buttons as I could and it worked lol.

I feel like I can't even start any pressure I want with Dudley because you're never not pressing buttons. I can't get into any rhythm without eating 3 jabs for trying.

xCobalt

ggs Cobalt.

I was getting mad salty from Rolento because my motions kept getting all fucked up whenever you'd hop back and forth. Kept getting what I didn't want.

Also in the matches when I was using Dudley, I felt the turning point was where I decided that I wasn't gonna let you just press all the buttons you want anymore lol. Gouken's normals are so commanding and have a lot of blockstun so I just said fuck it YOLO and started pressing as many buttons as I could and it worked lol.

I feel like I can't even start any pressure I want with Dudley because you're never not pressing buttons. I can't get into any rhythm without eating 3 jabs for trying.

ggs Count. I did so well in the beginning then I just got downloaded and started crumbling against Rose haha. Yeah, I definitely press a lot of buttons. I just don't wanna deal with dudley's pressure. I had a hard time punishing your backdashes too. Sometimes I know when you're gonna do it but my palms wouldn't travel far enough.

ggs Count. I did so well in the beginning then I just got downloaded and started crumbling against Rose haha. Yeah, I definitely press a lot of buttons. I just don't wanna deal with dudley's pressure

It wasn't even that I had you downloaded in the later part of the Dudley matches, I just tried to stop letting you completely have your way with me lol. When you were knocked down, I would play super passive because you can choose to; Ex Tatsu FADC, exParry or exDemon flip into is he going Low/High/or throw me?

I backdash a shit load lol, if you're going for the blind read with the palm, maybe option selecting it would work better.

Gouken's dumb

Top Bottom