• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

xCobalt

It wasn't even that I had you downloaded in the later part of the Dudley matches, I just tried to stop letting you completely have your way with me lol. When you were knocked down, I would play super passive because you can choose to; Ex Tatsu FADC, exParry or exDemon flip into is he going Low/High/or throw me?

I backdash a shit load lol, if you're going for the blind read with the palm, maybe option selecting it would work better.

Gouken's dumb

You can always block low against demon flip. His dive kick isn't an overhead and it makes it slightly harder for me to time the throw. I've been using os way less in Ultra. For the first week or two, I would get blown up by dwu since my os would come out. Whiffing EX tatsu or fierce palm doesn't end well lol.

zlatko

Banned
If anyone has the Xbox 360 Pre-Order DLC Costume Pack Code they didn't use then I'll gladly pay $5.00 PayPal to someone for it.

PM me. :)

Thirtyfour's tutorial for Dudley is really good for people picking up the character. Lots of good info:

https://www.youtube.com/user/Shintroy

If you have any other questions about him feel free to hit me up. I've been playing him since Super so I know just about everything about him.

I've got some questions. I've been on my week of Dudley even though I've dabbled with him since Super.. never played him seriously though and probably won't.

Anyway, what are you favourite target combos to use up close? Also which ones can you link together?

Also, why is Dash straight so much harder than doing a Dash Upper after an exMGB?

Which do you go for after a exMGB in the corner? Dart Shot/Sweep/DP/Dash Upper etc?

cHaotix8

I've got some questions. I've been on my week of Dudley even though I've dabbled with him since Super.. never played him seriously though and probably won't.

Anyway, what are you favourite target combos to use up close? Also which ones can you link together?

Also, why is Dash straight so much harder than doing a Dash Upper after an exMGB?

Which do you go for after a exMGB in the corner? Dart Shot/Sweep/DP/Dash Upper etc?

The only target combo that I like to use in pressure is st lk xx st mk. It's -1 on block but +4 on hit so you can link off it. I use f mk xx st mk xx st hp to break focus up close and cr lk xx cr mp xx cr hp on Honda's wakeup since you can link st hk on hit and it will beat reversal buttslam. Other than they don't really have much use.

Duck straight is hard to juggle with because of how timing intensive it is and the hitbox of falling characters are. There's a window for you to cancel the duck animation into the straight that you have to be really on point with, and some characters have narrower falling hotboxes than others, making it even harder. Shotos, Bison, Honda, Grapplers and Dhalsim are particulalry hard to juggle, while characters like Balrog (the easiest), Cody and Viper are easier to juggle. It takes a lot of practice to get it down, and even then it's hard to get it anywhere close to 100%.

My juggle of choice in the corner depends on a lot of things, but as a beginner Dudley the best option should be lk duck upper. Upper has a really big hitbox, which makes it a lot easier to juggle with, and gives you a 5 frame safe jump (forward dash then hold up+towards) if they quick rise. When you can consistently hit that then you can move on to more damaging juggles like cr hk xx 2, duck straight to lp mgb and ex duck straight loops. If you're going to do ultra though, the easiest option in the corner is cr hk > ultra II, don't do duck upper > ultra.

Hope that helps!

MIMIC

Banned
This is seriously fucking aggravating. As soon as someone beats me (after I have already beaten them), they fucking leave. Someone literally tracked me down (because I left a lobby because the host was lagging), played me, LOST, then played me again, beat me and then left.

Really tho?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art is making a good speech on online play on his stream. My personal opinion is it has it's problems but when it comes down to it, it's all fun and games.

Art is making a good speech on online play on his stream. My personal opinion is it has it's problems but when it comes down to it, it's all fun and games.
I would have killed for some form of online play when I had SFA3 for ps1... Even if it would have been 56k...

El Sloth

Banned
This is seriously fucking aggravating. As soon as someone beats me (after I have already beaten them), they fucking leave. Someone literally tracked me down (because I left a lobby because the host was lagging), played me, LOST, then played me again, beat me and then left.

Really tho?
Some people are just trying to get that win before bed.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
For us regular folk. For tourney players...he's dead on.

Actually only in America and certain other countries. Online play in places like Korea and Japan is like offline so it is much more beneficial. Sako for example spends most of his SFIV career playing online.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Well Japan is smaller than California...

Japan is a much smaller country with better infrastructure in this regard. It's a lot easier to get all that nice, new, much faster cabling installed in such a smaller area.

Blazing fast connection speeds are definitely something I miss about living over there.
Point taken. There's almost no alternative to PSN out here. Shame it's so bad in the west. Anyone know how regional matchmaking works on PC? Or if it even exists?

Now that you mention it, ever since Ultra I haven't seen much gouken players online. They might have moved on to Dudley thanks to Smug.

No kidding. I'm trying to put in Gouken time before the game releases for real out here. It's tough when YOLO Hugo is so damn fun, though...

cackhyena

Actually only in America and certain other countries. Online play in places like Korea and Japan is like offline so it is much more beneficial. Sako for example spends most of his SFIV career playing online.
Yeah, I meant Americans, mostly. I get his frustrations.

I missed the Smug v Momochi match. Wonder if someone will put that up somewhere.

So after watching Akimo's, Justin's and Chris G's Elena I am inspired. I feel like I wasn't doing everything Elena has. I'm going to hit the archives to get some notes.

stn

Who wants to play on random evenings? Looking for new XBL friends, prefer decent to elite players. I'm literally at my end with friends capacity so I'll have to delete old accounts to add new people. Just quote this or PM me, I'd rather not post my GT online.

LakeEarth

The main reason I learned Abel was cause his ultra punished Blanka balls. Block, hit, it doesn't matter (at least in Vanilla and Super it didn't).

Top Bottom