• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

xCobalt

that pseudo unblock able in the corner :(

After some testing, it's not as great as I thought it was. Best case scenario, after a grounded light palm in the corner, I can do an immediate demon flip dive kick and get a 4 frame safe jump if you quick rise. If you don't quick rise, I can go for a meaty high/low setup. The dive kick also acts as a fake cross up. It's character specific and the whole setup falls apart if I'm too close or too far. Gotta try and refine it further.

I got a question, how do you unfollow someone in USFIV? Everytime I go online it tells me it is checking for who I follow, then tells me there are no updates. It is really annoying.

I cannot find a menu to delete someone anywhere, on the rankings options there is a follow tab, but it is empty.

I got a question, how do you unfollow someone in USFIV? Everytime I go online it tells me it is checking for who I follow, then tells me there are no updates. It is really annoying.

I cannot find a menu to delete someone anywhere, on the rankings options there is a follow tab, but it is empty.

It probably carried over from AE, samething happened to me. I fixed when I deleted my old SF saved game profile, then downloaded the free SSF4 from XBL Games with Gold. Then I had to re-install the ultra update along with all my alt costumes packs. I wasn't even meaning to fix it, I just wanted to make SF digital instead of playing off the disc.

In other words, delete your old saved game SF profile and start from scratch.

cHaotix8

Just don't do it against someone with huge burst damage.

I think you can cancel it if you sense danger coming. Her hurtbox during the ultra is really low to the ground though. I remember one time I was playing Chris G, I punished it with EX Machine Gun Blow and the first couple of hits completely whiffed.

Oh! You do have an account here. Nice having you at NWM, man! I didn't get to play you but it sounded like SPK had a good time playing with you. Assuming, you're Chaotix the dudley player. =P

Haha, yeah, that's me! GAF was actually my introduction to SFIV and was how I originally got introduced to the community. I really enjoyed NWM and definitely plan on making it out for the next one.

I think you can cancel it if you sense danger coming. Her hurtbox during the ultra is really low to the ground though. I remember one time I was playing Chris G, I punished it with EX Machine Gun Blow and the first couple of hits completely whiffed.

I meant like against a grappler. Poor Onemic tried to heal after a setup, and I Condor Dived across the stage and still had time for an Ultra.

How Honda?

Like I said, it's a stretch.

It's mostly because they're both charge/mash characters with kinda similar moves and you can play them effectively offensively or defensively. Blanka ball/Headbutt, vertical ball/butt slam, electricity/hands

And they have two of the most infuriating low hitting moves in the game. I hate Blanka's slide, and I REALLY FUCKING HATE Honda's st.HK

Overall though, I get MUCH more irritated by Blanka.

Onemic

I meant like against a grappler. Poor Onemic tried to heal after a setup, and I Condor Dived across the stage and still had time for an Ultra.

#fuckhawk

Against Zangief though, he can't do anything about it after a backthrow or EX spin sycthe. You cant space yourself well enough with whiffed green hands to spd.

I'm am getting extremely annoyed by the sudden influx of Elena's. I'm sure CEO has something to do with this.

I got to almost a 30 win streak today with Hugo. This shouldn't have happened.

Dartastic

PSN is so fucking shitty for this game, holy hell. What the fuck happened for this version of the game? AE wasn't nearly this bad.

WarLox

Has there been any word on cross version lobbies? It seems weird that all of the people that just got AE for free, can't play people with the ultra dlc

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It is so divine when you find someone with near perfect connection. I wasn't dropping any Fei links. Felt so good.

WarLox

How would that even make sense? You don't have the game they have. It is a differebt game.

Its just DLC, the base game is still the same. With AE you have the option to change the version from AE to plain SSF4 in the options menu. Likewise, when performing a lobby search you can choose which version you want in your lobby list.

Its pretty dumb that I have to keep deleting and installing the ultra dlc just to play with different friends.

With AE you have the option to change the version from AE to plain SSF4 in the options menu. Likewise, when performing a lobby search you can choose which version you want in your lobby list.

Its pretty dumb that I have to keep deleting and installing the ultra dlc just to play with different friends.
Oh, he made it sound like he wanted to play on the Ultra version with others.

Its just DLC, the base game is still the same. With AE you have the option to change the version from AE to plain SSF4 in the options menu. Likewise, when performing a lobby search you can choose which version you want in your lobby list.

Capcom trying to push that Ultra DLC. Probably why you can upgrade with all versions of SF4.

WarLox

Capcom trying to push that Ultra DLC. Probably why you can upgrade with all versions of SF4.

It would make more sense if they had a compatibility patch for non ultra players. Gray out the extra characters and stages... completely segregating the community doesn't help anyone.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member

Hah, nice. You were hitting those clap links pretty consistently. Gotta work on those myself.

Best case scenario, after a grounded light palm in the corner, I can do an immediate demon flip dive kick and get a 4 frame safe jump if you quick rise. If you don't quick rise, I can go for a meaty high/low setup. The dive kick also acts as a fake cross up. It's character specific and the whole setup falls apart if I'm too close or too far. Gotta try and refine it further.

5ee617d9_2whdlys.gif

vg260

You can do it, but it's not obvious. Going by memory, I think you have to go to the leaderboards, find the user, hit A/X to bring up their ranking profile, then hit start or select (forget which) to follow/unfollow. There should be a prompt at the screen bottom.

If they are not on Ultra leaderboards, then I'm not sure. Don't recall if you can do it from the replay menu. You might need to uninstall the updates if this is the case. Don't delete your save game though. That is not necessary I'm pretty sure.

x Misogi

I played the #1 Dictator on PSN about 10 times this morning before heading into work, got wrecked 9-1.

Hugo vs Dictator is a hard matchup; any tips?

Finding out that Rolento's backflip > roll attack doesn't hit low has made the matchup less frustrating for me. Dan can punish with cr.mk x EX.Dankicks. Good.

After all these years I still have a terrible habit of using focus attacks too much. Rolento and Adon can make short work of that nonsense.

alstein

PSN is so fucking shitty for this game, holy hell. What the fuck happened for this version of the game? AE wasn't nearly this bad.

PC better deliver- or I might do something crazy and drastic, like start looking at Smash.

Don't make me look at Smash. Please!

xCobalt

Finding out that Rolento's backflip > roll attack doesn't hit low has made the matchup less frustrating for me. Dan can punish with cr.mk x EX.Dankicks. Good.

After all these years I still have a terrible habit of using focus attacks too much. Rolento and Adon can make short work of that nonsense.

You should try to stand block it. Rolento lands closer to you which makes it easier to punish

I use focus attacks too much as well. I go for anti air focus a lot and that never ends well

xCobalt

Is there different wake up timing for soft knockdowns among the cast? I know there is for hard knock downs. I'm testing a setup and it works as a safe jump on guile if he does a quick rise. However, it doesn't work on fei, who has a slower dp. Everything is done with reversal timing too. Anyone know what's going on?

You should try to stand block it. Rolento lands closer to you which makes it easier to punish

I use focus attacks too much as well. I go for anti air focus a lot and that never ends well

Gouken's AA FA is viable tho. Shit hits so fast that it can crumple a lot better than other FA's. Sagats is like it too.

OceanBlue

Anyone else's muscle memory get totally borked playing online?

Mine does. For example, I autopilot anti-airs, so if I have to change my timing because of lag I hesitate and miss a lot more than usual. I'm just not comfortable with online. It doesn't help that my internet is bad lol.

cHaotix8

Is there different wake up timing for soft knockdowns among the cast? I know there is for hard knock downs. I'm testing a setup and it works as a safe jump on guile if he does a quick rise. However, it doesn't work on fei, who has a slower dp. Everything is done with reversal timing too. Anyone know what's going on?

You could be messing it up,or it could be one of those safe jumps that is based off hitbox positioning instead of being frame perfect.

Top Bottom