• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
How is it in offline matches?

It's not bad. I rarely miss bnb's. Outside of a few one framers im pretty consistent.

Mine does. For example, I autopilot anti-airs, so if I have to change my timing because of lag I hesitate and miss a lot more than usual. I'm just not comfortable with online. It doesn't help that my internet is bad lol.

I get the odd button up crossed inputs that I don't get offline or in the lab. It really screws with my timing in general.

Shouta

I think you can cancel it if you sense danger coming. Her hurtbox during the ultra is really low to the ground though. I remember one time I was playing Chris G, I punished it with EX Machine Gun Blow and the first couple of hits completely whiffed.

Haha, yeah, that's me! GAF was actually my introduction to SFIV and was how I originally got introduced to the community. I really enjoyed NWM and definitely plan on making it out for the next one.

She has a few setups for healing that allow her to get most of Healing. I think the most common one is a mid-screen Spin Scythe (or ideally Ex Spin Scythe). You knock them the full length of the screen. If you use EX, you recover as they're still twisting around the air which means you get healing time before they land and can quick recover. It's still punishable by fireballs if you let it rip but if you cancel just before it, it should give her most of it.

Awesome. Just let me know if you have any ideas for improvements to the event or need help with anything. =)

xCobalt

Good games, lots of beatdowns for me. Connection got spotty at the end for whatever reason. Gonna try and be on again tonight.

I think it was laggy because other people in my home started using the internet. Connection was pretty smooth overall though. You should avoid jumping too much and try to maintain some pressure if you get the knockdown. Just send an invite if you ever wanna play!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I think it was laggy because other people in my home started using the internet. Connection was pretty smooth overall though. You should avoid jumping too much and try to maintain some pressure if you get the knockdown. Just send an invite if you ever wanna play!

Definitely. Feels good to be playing SF again.

hypernima

Banned
Mine. Depending on who I'm facing the lag will change, so I'm never as consistent with my links as I should be.

It's in Adons favor. Vulva just makes it look like it's in Chun's. Just like what he's done to my Yun. ;_;

Yea, thats what I figured. Adon is really good at getting in on Chun,

Hugo with one meter gets as much or more damage than a lot of ultras. How ridiculous.

Does anyone know if you can reliably use his super as an AA? I'd test it, but I'm not home.

Robot Pants

Sprite Can V2 blowin up the 360 Ranked Game with not one, not two, not three, but FOUR lobbies at the same time.

ChtzmUk.jpg

cHaotix8

Chaotix. Tell Farms and Joe to start posting again.

I know Joe and Farms still lurk here a bit, not sure if they post much anymore though.

He and Jokage will just ignore your request for matches and they'll be gambling instead. :(

I definitely want to get some games in with you guys this time around for sure. Was up a bit on blackjack and time started flying by haha.

are you going to EVO?

I'm definitely planning on it. I'm like 90% confirmed at this point, so hopefully nothing else will come up to prevent that.

vulva

I know Joe and Farms still lurk here a bit, not sure if they post much anymore though.

I definitely want to get some games in with you guys this time around for sure. Was up a bit on blackjack and time started flying by haha.

I'm definitely planning on it. I'm like 90% confirmed at this point, so hopefully nothing else will come up to prevent that.

Shoot me a PM if you get confirmation. I suck against Dudley tbh, so I wouldn't mind grinding it out a bit.

galvatron

Hugo with one meter gets as much or more damage than a lot of ultras. How ridiculous.

Does anyone know if you can reliably use his super as an AA? I'd test it, but I'm not home.

The problem is landing the first hit. The best I've found is counter-hit HP clap, HP Clap, MP Clap, EX Clap, Jab Clap, cr. short, short lariat for something like 540.

Never thought of anti-air super due to how far he runs without hitting.

The problem is landing the first hit. The best I've found is counter-hit HP clap, HP Clap, MP Clap, EX Clap, Jab Clap, cr. short, short lariat for something like 540.

Never thought of anti-air super due to how far he runs without hitting.

Holy shit....540. I actually land the clap combo frequently just because people flinch so often against Hugo, especially since there's so much block stun between claps. People always wanna try to move or press buttons.

I thought the Super activated as soon as he was next to the opponent. Guess it's something I'll have to check when I get home.

Dubz

PC players unite. I'm playing online for the next couple hours as my avatar. Need to brush up until Ultra comes out on PC.

Steam name is Moon Wizard.

PC players unite. I'm playing online for the next couple hours as my avatar. Need to brush up until Ultra comes out on PC.

Steam name is Moon Wizard.

wait, is the steam version actually playable now? I tried last week and it barely lasted 3 minutes

Dubz

Ya, but you still havent answered my friend request I sent you almost a week back lol.

Anyway I'm playing Ultra atm, but I'll be on AE probably in an hour or so.

I checked my messages. I will check again.

EDIT: Just accepted.

Septimius

40 something characters and people are still picking Ryu like he's the only character available.

And I'll continue doing it, until my foundations are good enough.

Started playing with Oni, and I just stopped, since I'd get gimmicky kills off of EX demon hand to ultra. I was just like "this is not how I want to win", and went back to Ryu. I want to fight people that know how to deal with me, not win because they don't know the match up.

Top Bottom