• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

emag

So if you upgrade from Super you get also the AE content (Yun/Yang/EvilRyu/Oni) or just rebalance stuff (new parry and so on)? And no costumes, right? Those are only in the retail. Did I get this right?

All the new characters from AE/2012 are incorporated in the upgrade. Ultra is Ultra, regardless of how you update.

Costumes are indeed separate; AFAIK, the retail version unlocks all pre-Ultra costumes, but the upgrade version does not (costumes you've already obtained remain unlocked, however, and I'm sure you will still be able to buy any missing costume packs as DLC).

Horseress

aww fuck it, I have the SSFIV disk but I'll install ultra already anyway! When it comes out I won't need to download it all

Horseress

as expected, of course, I installed ultra and ae was gone. I really don't care, since I'm not playing it till ultra, I just hope it activates automatically on June 3rd without any trouble

El Sloth

Banned
There are certain things that have to be finished. They're rushing out a playable version online first so it can get into the competitive circuit, but stuff like Trials will have to wait. They also need to physically publish copies as well.
Your facts have no place here with our cynicism

Varth

All the new characters from AE/2012 are incorporated in the upgrade. Ultra is Ultra, regardless of how you update.

Costumes are indeed separate; AFAIK, the retail version unlocks all pre-Ultra costumes, but the upgrade version does not (costumes you've already obtained remain unlocked, however, and I'm sure you will still be able to buy any missing costume packs as DLC).

/tips hat

Tizoc

Didn't know Rolento would have an extra alt

Plumber Rolento is the best costume. I'd like a fat clown Rufus too.

They did definitely say at one point that everyone would get a new costume in Ultra, didn't they? I can't seem to find a reference to it.

Horseress

Plumber Rolento is the best costume. I'd like a fat clown Rufus too.

They did definitely say at one point that everyone would get a new costume in Ultra, didn't they? I can't seem to find a reference to it.

I'm pretty sure they didn't. Only new costumes are the UDON ones for the 5 new characters, sadly

Mike M

Nick N
The fact that some characters have more costumes than others tweaks my OCD impulses so hard. The unequal distribution drives me batty. I know they're just cosmetic, but still.

Moaradin

Hurray! No more GFWL! It successfully converted everything for me. Costumes seem to still work. I had to reconfigure my controls though.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Haha, most of it is largely the same, although it now uses your Steam name and pulls up the Steam overlay for player inviting.

OceanBlue

Does it still have "Recently played"? That was really useful lol.

Edit: Wow, this is really random but you can't mute the BGM by turning the BGM Volume all the way down anymore. Even if you do, you can still slightly hear the BGM lol.

Wunder

Is there a way to know when you're broadcasting through your microphone? I don't know if I have my mic muted and/or how to mute other people. Just heard someone playing with speakers and it sounded like they could hear me, since I heard my button mashing lol

Item Box

feels good to not have my shitty gamertag tied to two different platforms anymore

which reminds me that i never posted my steam id, it's tramain
Is there a way to know when you're broadcasting through your microphone? I don't know if I have my mic muted and/or how to mute other people. Just heard someone playing with speakers and it sounded like they could hear me, since I heard my button mashing lol

The only way you can tell if you're talking is if you're currently in a lobby waiting for a game to start. If you need to mute yourself, open the steam overlay (shift + tab), click settings on the bottom of the screen, open the voice tab and just drag your microphone volume level to zero

not sure if there's a simpler way to do it but that's how i got it done

Wunder

feels good to not have my shitty gamertag tied to two different platforms anymore

which reminds me that i never posted my steam id, it's tramain

The only way you can tell if you're talking is if you're currently in a lobby waiting for a game to start. If you need to mute yourself, open the steam overlay (shift + tab), click settings on the bottom of the screen, open the voice tab and just drag your microphone volume level to zero

not sure if there's a simpler way to do it but that's how i got it done

Ah, thanks. Seems like a kind of crappy way to handle it, but whatever. Playing a few matches, it seems like it takes longer to 'recognize' a full bar match.

Danny Dudekisser

I paid good money for this Dynex!
So, last version of Street Fighter IV that I played was Super, and I've never really been a fan of the game. I don't like the way it controls. Has the game improved at all in that regard, or should I give this one a pass?

K.Sabot

So, last version of Street Fighter IV that I played was Super, and I've never really been a fan of the game. I don't like the way it controls. Has the game improved at all in that regard, or should I give this one a pass?

Street Fighter is still Street Fighter.

I don't see a way you can improve controls in a fighting game unless you're a Netherrealms game.

LakeEarth

Any word if you upgrade a XBLG/PS+ version of AE to Ultra, if you own the game? Or will it still stop working if your subscription lapses?

vg260

Maybe it's best to ask this here about the PC Steam conversion.

So does your Steam ID replace your previous Live name on your online record when you import a save?
Also, are the 11 and 12 colors unlocked? Those had to be hacked previously.

Trying to decide if I want to import a GFWL save or just skip it.

Any word if you upgrade a XBLG/PS+ version of AE to Ultra, if you own the game? Or will it still stop working if your subscription lapses?

PS+ version will stop working because it still requires AE as a base, but you won't lose your upgrade (DLC) purchase.
360 version will not stop working because once you download AE during the XBLG offer period, it's yours to keep.

Item Box

Maybe it's best to ask this here about the PC Steam conversion.

So does your Steam ID replace your previous Live name on your online record when you import a save?
yes
Also, are the 11 and 12 colors unlocked? Those had to be hacked previously.

no

I decided to import my save just to see what might get carried over, but with my terrible match records, I dunno if I want to keep it or not.

Village

Ok

Ok.

So question. I'm thinking of buying this game for PC. I already own this for xbox, however I would have to pay to play this online, and some other thing with a new memory unit or whatever. Its dumb, and it would be cheaper just to buy it here and not pay for live at this point.

The question, how is the online for pc, community i mean is it worth while. Is it all super good dudes or scrubs or whatever. What are we working with here?

If capcom were smart they would put the AE edition on sale for all consoles right now. I was really close to buying it on Steam because of the sale but for some reason I would rather play this on the PS3.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Characters like Makoto, Cody and Dudley aren't that bad: touch of death if they reach you all the same, but they've vulnerable to Sim's poke at least. Even Rufus is alright-ish due to his size. Facing someone like AE Cammy or Yun however is torture.
Go play jlai and you might rethink that :p

Top Bottom