• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

ibl9FskpBtYUSY.gif

How come Ryu's hair is white? Is this a costume/color change? If so, any idea which?

Looks like the PC version.

Mango: I *should* be on Saturday night, will post here to confirm. And please, do share your Hammer Mountain wisdom. I find it near useless :-(
I use it against fireballs frequently.

I also use it a lot during footsies because I just stick cr.lk out and buffer the super. If I whiff, no super. If I hit then I get super. And his super gets good damage since you can do his air throw right after.

My favorite use is after a focus attack backdash, which I do A LOT. Since it will fully juggle opponents, there's really no downside. Hugo is one of the few characters that can get a lot off of focus attack backdash since he can do easy damage off of juggles.

I'm west coast by the way. Not sure where you're at, but hopefully we can get a decent connection.

DunpealD

He has white hair in the PC version? Or someone edited the files...?

But the PC version of Ultra isn't out yet!

What is this sorcery???

It's AE2012 version. OP in the beginning used heavily modded costumes in the first gifs. Some people didn't like it, since those costumes are community modded and not available in the console versions which felt arguably misleading. Thus the change in majority of the gifs in the beginning. Except the Ryu ones, but I have no idea why only those were left like that.

If you're asking about the show off of the Ultra changes there is a community mod that tried to integrate the changes, pretty much everything except W Ultra got into it. Of course it's not the same thing as the real USF4, since the modder has quit the updates.

Marz

One of the biggest insults from the balance changes to me was the changes to Sagat's U2. Before if you juggled into it, you would get partial damage. Don't remember the number of hits, but the partial damage would add on another 234 damage if memory serves me right(So TU, FADC, U2 =354). They give him full hits, now it's a really fucking good Ultra. They nerf the damage to 309 against airborne opponents, it's still good since it does a bit more damage.

Then the final changes roll in and they nerf it down to 255. So TU, FADC, U2 now does 324 damage. Which is now LESS THAN BEFORE. But hey you get to see all the hits connect now so that's pretty cool, right? That and the supposed buff to cl. LK to allow a special cancel after the 2nd hit were such shitty teases to Sagat players who thought they were getting something pretty cool in USF4.

Yea it makes no sense whatsoever.

And what they did to Gen and Guile is a big WTF as well.

How is Sakura these days? I haven't played SFIV since Super, and I've been thinking of switching my main when the retail edition of Ultra comes out. Previously used Cammy as a main, but it feels like a lot of people use her now.

colinp

Banned
It's AE2012 version. OP in the beginning used heavily modded costumes in the first gifs. Some people didn't like it, since those costumes are community modded and not available in the console versions which felt arguably misleading. Thus the change in majority of the gifs in the beginning. Except the Ryu ones, but I have no idea why only those were left like that.

If you're asking about the show off of the Ultra changes there is a community mod that tried to integrate the changes, pretty much everything except W Ultra got into it. Of course it's not the same thing as the real USF4, since the modder has quit the updates.

Wow crazy, thanks for the info. Totally agree it's misleading, haha, but I've got it on PC so I might just look into getting some. Any idea where I could find white haired Ryu, by any chance?

How is Sakura these days? I haven't played SFIV since Super, and I've been thinking of switching my main when the retail edition of Ultra comes out. Previously used Cammy as a main, but it feels like a lot of people use her now.
sakura dropped in tiers pretty low...she uses the red focus a bit better than some other characters though. Overall, she feels the same to me, but I think she loss her unblockables and some of the priority on her jumping attacks which don't make her as derpy. few tatsu changes as well, mostly still safe, but not as cheap. Her drop off in ranked has been significant.

OceanBlue

sakura dropped in tiers pretty low...she uses the red focus a bit better than some other characters though. Overall, she feels the same to me, but I think she loss her unblockables and some of the priority on her jumping attacks which don't make her as derpy. few tatsu changes as well, mostly still safe, but not as cheap. Her drop off in ranked has been significant.

How does she use red focus better than other characters?

Robot Pants

Thank God.

Onemic

Even when Deejay is "top tier" he's not good.

nah, hes top in Ultra...well not top but high tier. Knee shot is like being hit with the god hand. That shit causes wayyy too much hit stun, can lead into damage, and is super fast making AA'ing him a pain. They didn't nerf him enough imo. I mean, the guy has a 5 frame sweep and a slide on top of it, what more do Deejay players want? They just need to learn how to play him.

nah, hes top in Ultra...well not top but high tier. Knee shot is like being hit with the god hand. That shit causes wayyy too much hit stun, can lead into damage, and is super fast making AA'ing him a pain. They didn't nerf him enough imo. I mean, the guy has a 5 frame sweep and a slide on top of it, what more do Deejay players want? They just need to learn how to play him.
Exactly. So true. At least someone gets it.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Picking Dan in random endless matches really seems to piss people off. Played a Dictator player who turtled a lot and won the first round, so in the second I turtled right back and just sat there, taunting, to build meter. He sent me hate mail mid-match and after that I just stayed back and taunted 90% of the time. Then I played a Makoto user and we went 3-2, him. I thought it was a pretty decent match, but nope, he was also offended and proceeded to troll me with Blanka-in-Dan's-outfit after that. SAIKYO-RYU STYLE.

Can certainly say that good Dee Jays have been noticeably harder match-ups for me in Ultra versus the older games, but I also haven't bothered to look at the changes to that character in-depth.

DunpealD

There's only one way to prove that Dee Jay is still top tier. We have to introduce a "Dee Jay only" day and wreak havoc with an army of Dee Jay in online modes.

I know a way to make DJ good.

Make him a motion char.
Yea and make his MGU's a mash input like it was in the Super beta.. he might be too mid tier tho
freaking tier whore. :p
I was using Rose before Ultra came out!!!!!! After I saw what they did to Deejay I decided to make the jump.. all before Evo BRAH Kappa
Dakou did well with dee jay at canada cup. wheres the problem with dee jay besides hes just boring.
Don't do this.

I'd love to see the crazy ideas they have for those 19 Super and newer characters that right now only have 3. I'd love to see a gold-shoed "Usain Bolt" Dee Jay alternate.
Heck they could just look at all the PC modded alternates for inspiration. Many of them are superb.
Or how about a costume that makes him invisible. So I don't have to look at his ugly self anymore.

I know a way to make DJ good.

Make him a motion char.
Better course of action: deleting him.

Top Bottom