• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

vulva

I actually do that one a lot, but you can't do up ball after horiztonal ball, can you?

keep the down charge while doing horizontal charge movement

IE downback to downforward. then move it back to like downback if you want to keep a block just in case, once you recover from the ball go from downback to up whatever

keep the down charge while doing horizontal charge movement

IE downback to downforward. then move it back to like downback if you want to keep a block just in case, once you recover from the ball go from downback to up whatever
I've never been able to do this, but I don't play Blanka, so meh. Would probably help with other charge characters though.

pedr0theli0n

Neo Member
picked this up when it was free for gold a month or so ago, and I've definitely wanted to get into it after watching some evo. Any resources for a n00b?

The less Poison's the better. Don't need her secret getting out like Rose.

Oh I like the character, she's got some good stuff, its just Hakan is so much more fun to me. I feel kinda dumb for sleeping on him this long. Rose army is in full effect, luckily that matchup is in Blankas favor.

Edit: Whoa, that sweep shit is crazy, why would that work?

Edit 2: Nevermind, I didn't count the focus, can't count I guess.

mbpm1

I found it. 2:27 http://youtu.be/bTcdvfNVfqk?t=2m27s

It's in the second round. Excuse the sloppy play on my part.
It definitely looks weird and I'm guessing it's not consistent. Weird thing is that I knew it would work... Why would I even go for it?

And why would I start that combo with two jabs and a light kick instead of fierce? Wait I had an ultra too? ugh

It doesn't combo; you see the indicator on the right say the combo finished. Karts must not have been blocking or something.

DunpealD

No combo. FA is first hit then follow up with lp, lp, lk which makes 4 hits. Add to that the 4 from the EX Rekka and the j. HK it's 9. The sweep was just not blocked.

I think momochi should have played his Ken instead of Juri...Many Kens feel like the match is in rose favor, but once you learn her normals it's probably a 5.5-4.5 match at worse...I'll be back on soon to take a dig at the Rose army...and see how high I can get my PP

Made a pact with myself to only play for no more than 2 hours a night or less, no matter if I'm on a win streak or not...have to limit this darn game...so additive when you get hot.

I found it. 2:27 http://youtu.be/bTcdvfNVfqk?t=2m27s

It's in the second round. Excuse the sloppy play on my part.
It definitely looks weird and I'm guessing it's not consistent. Weird thing is that I knew it would work... Why would I even go for it?

And why would I start that combo with two jabs and a light kick instead of fierce? Wait I had an ultra too? ugh
No combo. Though if you want a hard knockdown after ex rekkas then you can just do HP rekka.

GGs Fraction.

First time playing against Ibuki as Blanka. I can't believe that overhead hits through lightning and your projectiles aren't "really" projectiles. Oi. Any advice on my play is greatly appreciated.

GGs Fraction.

First time playing against Ibuki as Blanka. I can't believe that overhead hits through lightning and your projectiles aren't "really" projectiles. Oi. Any advice on my play is greatly appreciated.

ggs. i think your tick throw setups are fine, but you're going for the sweep too much. try mixing it up.

I have advice. Don't play against anyone that uses Ibuki. Ugh.

/salt
I went around 50/50, I think. I didn't find her more annoying than Elena, who is the most irritating character for Blanka to fight that I have encountered thus far.

ggs. i think you're tick throw setups are fine, but you're going for the sweep too much. try mixing it up.
I normally don't sweep that much, but my j.MK kept whiffing on crouching Ibuki and I took a lot of damage. I tend to fall back to safe stuff if I get confused by a new POS hitbox decision by Capcom.

This was also the first time I did cross-up Blanka balls on oki. Wow those are good. I went into training mode right after our matches to work on the timing more.

Or use Yun/Elena

This only works against Pass
I've literally tried every character against her and my best matchups are T.Hawk, Bison and, surprisingly, Sagat. Rufus is supposedly a bad matchup for her and he's one of my strongest characters and I couldn't touch her with him.
I went around 50/50, I think. I didn't find her more annoying than Elena, who is the most irritating character for Blanka to fight that I have encountered thus far.
I think the reason I'm so annoyed by her is that when she first came out I expected (well hoped) she would be garbage because I hated fighting her in 3S. Easily the most annoying character in that game as well, and my worst matchup. There's just rarely ever been a time where I've had to deal with the same character being a pain in the ass in a new iteration of the series. Blanka and Bison were hell for me in SF2, but holy shit did they suck in Alpha. I hated Akuma, Dhalsim, and Zangief in Alpha, but they were all quite mediocre in CvS2. Chun was the bane of my existence in CvS2 (that cr.mp!!!)........and she still was in 3rd Strike (that cr.mk!!!).......but yeah, I think that's the only time it happened.

I just really didn't think they would have most of Ibuki's specials cause hard knockdown. But they do....and it sucks.
GODDAMMIT!!

I've literally tried every character against her and my best matchups are T.Hawk, Bison and, surprisingly, Sagat. Rufus is supposedly a bad matchup for her and he's one of my strongest characters and I couldn't touch her with him.

I think the reason I'm so annoyed by her is that when she first came out I expected (well hoped) she would be garbage because I hated fighting her in 3S. Easily the most annoying character in that game as well, and my worst matchup. There's just rarely ever been a time where I've had to deal with the same character being a pain in the ass in a new iteration of the series. Blanka and Bison were hell for me in SF2, but holy shit did they suck in Alpha. I hated Akuma, Dhalsim, and Zangief in Alpha, but they were all quite mediocre in CvS2. Chun was the bane of my existence in CvS2 (that cr.mp!!!)........and she still was in 3rd Strike (that cr.mk!!!).......but yeah, I think that's the only time it happened.

I just really didn't think they would have most of Ibuki's specials cause hard knockdown. But they do....and it sucks.

GODDAMMIT!!
lol my friend on PSN has an absolute nasty El Fuete....who I played in an endless over 35 matches...

You can imagine my frustration -_-

I'm far EastCoast btw...Live in Jersey...add me on PSN if you guys wanna play endless...

onlygoodplayersthough...

Just j/k...

Not really...

lol my friend on PSN has an absolute nasty El Fuete....who I played in an endless over 35 matches...

You can imagine my frustration -_-

I'm far EastCoast btw...Live in Jersey...add me on PSN if you guys wanna play endless...

onlygoodplayersthough...

Just j/k...

Not really...
Who do you play?

DunpealD

ggs, guys.

Got rekt by lyte edge. The lag was certainly there, couldn't even block chun-li's overhead in time :(. Sorry if it was too much!.

Anyway I think when using Poison's HP projectile, buffering the rekkas or U1 wouldn't be too bad of an idea for reacting to an anti-air hit.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
ggs, guys.

Got rekt by lyte edge. The lag was certainly there, couldn't even block chun-li's overhead in time :(. Sorry if it was too much!.

Anyway I think when using Poison's HP projectile, buffering the rekkas or U1 wouldn't be too bad of an idea for reacting to an anti-air hit.

GGs man. Reppin' DAT DAN!

The lag was pretty bad when we started playing but things got much better by the end of the session.

Top Bottom