• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Seik

Banned
Getting bodied on PSN atm.

I know lots of you here who pretty much are fucking beasst, any tips to step up my game with Cody?

Hope it won't be ''Don't play Cody.'' :lol

I know lots of you here who pretty much are fucking beasst, any tips to step up my game with Cody?

I played Cody

Don't play Cody

Or start putting frame traps into your gameplay. Crouch light kick is good and light criminal upper is a lot safer now.

don't play like Smedwicks

learn to abuse frame traps thats like your whole game until they figure out not to press buttons against your offense and you lose

Hit random select, get volcanic rim 8 times in a row... I hate that stage.

I feel bad coward crouch cancelling all these new rose players, soul spiral/drill isn't safe on everyone.

Seik

Banned
I played Cody

Don't play Cody

Or start putting frame traps into your gameplay. Crouch light kick is good and light criminal upper is a lot safer now.

Alright! Thanks!

don't play like Smedwicks

learn to abuse frame traps thats like your whole game until they figure out not to press buttons against your offense and you lose

Dayum, ouch. D:

TBH, I just checked up what a frame trap was. I'll try it out!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I'm convinced I'm the only Gen player on Live. It's a continuing process but damn does it feel good when you get a flow with the old man and you have your opponent out of sorts and you're flying off walls and shit, crossing them up, and then Super, Ultra, Win. I can legit say that Gen is, for me, the most interesting and fun character to play, even next to my man Hugo, who I still love more in his 3S iteration.

Zack117

Banned
I've been using Poison almost exclusively now and I only used her super move once, and it was on accident.

I also barely use it. Her Ex Rekkas and AE's are just too tempting. Only using super move when I'm close to winning and can afford it (so pretty much never). Canceling into it after the 2nd WoL works quite well though.

stagger your jabs ex. jab..wait.jab jab then walk up throw or S.fierce punch works wonders for me or continue with jab pressure on wake up since you can neutral jump cody free if i see them nuetral jump i use jaw crusher if i see them jump it works alot. on a hard know down double dash then release ex zonk knuckle it beats crouch techs goes through fierce and strong shoryukens u recover enough to punish then when you get them scared switch it with Standing fierce punch or grab its a gamble but that's how i like to play cody

Kimosabae

Banned
Anyone know anything about Rufus? How do I get lp galactic tornado to combo from, say, cr lp? It whiffs completely until the last hit which doesn't combo.

I'm a guy that gets pretty salty while playing online, I've stated that in this thread and past SF4 OT's. I started trying something new and surprisingly it has worked out for me. When I play ranked, I mainly search for opponents rather than host. Although I will host if I can't find games or connect to anybody. The one change I've made that has made online so much more relaxing is to stop chasing rematches when I search, that's it.

Whenever I lost close to people of a similar skill level or I got random'd by a lower level player, I would want to get back in there so badly and show them that I'm better than them or just to show them that their randomness won't work again. Now win or lose, I'll just move on to somebody new and I don't get so angry anymore. Sure I still get salty, but this small change has made a huge difference lol. The only time I rematch now is when I do host, but that's not the same thing.

Another thing is that unless I'm playing GAF'ers I'm probably going to stop playing on PSN. The lag is too infuriating to deal with. I might run into some guys with good connections, but the majority will be too laggy to deal with
I get pretty salty too,especially in ranked. I'm glad they are bringing back player matches though because endless can sometimes be a drag.

Seik

Banned
stagger your jabs ex. jab..wait.jab jab then walk up throw or S.fierce punch works wonders for me or continue with jab pressure on wake up since you can neutral jump cody free if i see them nuetral jump i use jaw crusher if i see them jump it works alot. on a hard know down double dash then release ex zonk knuckle it beats crouch techs goes through fierce and strong shoryukens u recover enough to punish then when you get them scared switch it with Standing fierce punch or grab its a gamble but that's how i like to play cody

Thanks man, but most of this is total chinese to me.

I guess that if I want to be good, first I need to talk the talk. :lol

Is there any tutorials out there?

I think 3.

Holy shit. :lol

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Definitely the worst Street Fighter character, thats for sure.

Whaaat? Rufus is straight garbage design. El Fuerte as well. Zero appeal with those two. If I could omit them from the roster, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Dee Jay at least has his ST legacy to fall back on. These 2 clowns got jack shit.

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
Whaaat? Rufus is straight garbage design. El Fuerte as well. Zero appeal with those two. If I could omit them from the roster, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Dee Jay at least has his ST legacy to fall back on. These 2 clowns got jack shit.

The legacy of "lets let Capcom USA design a character"? please.

El Fuerte is not a favorite, but his style of fighting is clear and has a distinct personality.

Rufus is definitely "not for me", but I appreciate his spot in the roster. We have been playing in the studio casually for the last 3 weeks and many people pick him up because hes different, funny looking and his moves have some appeal.

Dee Jay is poor design in all areas. Moveset, silhouette, personality, all bad.

mr. puppy

Banned
rufus has an awesome set of moves and the character from a gameplay design is fantastic. he just looks retarded but whatever.

dee jay has that dumbass smile form a dreamworks character.

Kimosabae

Banned
Being Jamaican, DeeJay insults me. For some reason, I liked his Super Turbo design, though.

But yeah, he's terrible. The most salient and most despicable aspect of the character, for me, is actually the freaking cool-looking blur effect on that EX Rapid-Uppercut special-thingy which is specific to him, for some stupid reason. What a waste of an ill-effect.

Dreamworks smile. Goddamn.

Fat people get into fights to. They should be represented.

Seik

Banned
5 ranked wins in a row, holy shit. Changed my strat a bit and it shows.

Doing more dn-fw-lk is useful, most of the times people aren't expecting it and it's quick as fuck.

Focused way more around the knife too, it does insane damage if I manage to give a couple of hits with it.

More defense focused, keeping a safer distance and I try to use his dn-fw-hk as my main anti-air, since it seems to work way more than dn-bk-hp most of the times.

I know I may sound noob as fuck, but even if I played 80+ hours I'm not around the frame mechanics (and the jargon, heh) yet. It'll come though!

Myn

Might be a long shot, but does anyone here play PC SF4? I lent my PS3 to a friend so I'm unable to play Ultra.

Marz

It's absolute absurd to say Gouken has weak defense. EX Tatsu FADC allows him to get out of a lot of situations and brings him in line with all the other characters that require 3 bars to be safe. He also has access to EX counter and demon flip.

I'd say Gouken is sitting just outside the top 10.

I mean you play the character so you would have more perspective on the matter.

But I think the fact that he doesn't have a two hit fireball really keeps him from having a solid shoto gameplan of baiting jumps since you can focus dash in on him with ease. His fireball game isn't as good as it looks on paper because of this.

I think their is like 15-20 characters better than him.

Also PSN or Live anyone?

I mean you play the character so you would have more perspective on the matter.

But I think the fact that he doesn't have a two hit fireball really keeps him from having a solid shoto gameplan of baiting jumps since you can focus dash in on him with ease. His fireball game isn't as good as it looks on paper because of this.

I think their is like 15-20 characters better than him.

Also PSN or Live anyone?
Live

GT: Battle Kat

Top Bottom