• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Deejay is the worst fighting game character in the history of the universe.

Live anyone?

tumblr_inline_n8mcxyz3Sb1qc0sxf.gif

I know a way to make DJ good.

Make him a motion char.

You make him a motion character and leave all his frame data and everybody else in the game the same and he would be the best character in the game easily. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if he were broken. Even someone as bad as DJ is right now would be too good with this simple change alone. He'd have the best fireball in the game and arguably the best DP in the game.

Imagine DJ throwing a jab fireball and then walking behind it. What are you going to do? Jumping means he can easily anti-air you with up kicks. Maybe you have a fireball and you chuck one to cancel his. Well he can use EX sobat to blow through your fireball or Ultra if he has that. EX MGP dash Ultra would be a piece of cake. Everybody would be able to do it with ease. Their is a reason charge characters are charge characters. It's why someone like Ryu doesn't get a really slow fireball or be able to vault his body across the entire screen and be safe on block.

Does anyone know if that Ultra Street Fighter IV TE2 PS3-PS4 combo fightstick is releasing in NA next month? Or is it just Japan?

I'll be needing a PS4 stick by the time Xrd comes out, and that would be a good one to get.

alstein

All Deejay really needs is better upkicks, move short upkick a good anti-air, and forward anti-ground, and speed it up.

I still think DeeJay is better than Honda, Dhalsim, and Rolento in Ultra.

vg260

Does anyone know if that Ultra Street Fighter IV TE2 PS3-PS4 combo fightstick is releasing in NA next month? Or is it just Japan?

I'll be needing a PS4 stick by the time Xrd comes out, and that would be a good one to get.

Been waiting for info myself. It's supposed to be out in other territories as well, but nothing's been announced for US yet.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Just turned on my Xbox after a week or so and read my first Ultra SF4 hate mail. Normally, I don't often find the negativity amusing, but this made me smile.

I play Hugo.

Got this after winning with Chun. I guess he thought EX lightning legs was turbo or something. Second time that's happened with someone claiming I've used turbo. I take it as a compliment. LIGHTNING FINGERS

14660282666_cf99dc4f82_z.jpg

stn

All Deejay really needs is better upkicks, move short upkick a good anti-air, and forward anti-ground, and speed it up.

I still think DeeJay is better than Honda, Dhalsim, and Rolento in Ultra.
His upkicks are fine. He needs his anti-air normals to work properly so that he can actually use his projectile for something useful. I don't think he's better than Dhalsim, he at least has really strong matchups against the grapplers, Sagat, and he's good against shotos. Rolento would be better than Dee-Jay if not for the fact that he has zero defensive options. Its pretty sad, actually.

DunpealD

Interview with Louffy/Luffy by 4Gamer and translated by Eventhubs

Interesting tidbits:

4Gamer: I see. How about your match against Bonchan in the grand finals?

MD|Luffy: I was really glad that I practiced the Sagat match-up a lot with Ryan Hart before, as it paid off. As we've practiced this match-up for a very long time, I felt that Ryan Hart understands the Rose-Sagat much better than Bonchan does.

Besides, in the first place the Sagat match-up is a favorable one for Rose -- when it comes to the Sagat and Fei Long match-ups, I've prepared numerous counter-measures against both characters, so I wasn't scared of Sagat at all. That was a big deal in helping me to win, I thought.

4Gamer: Which means, the match against RZR|Fuudo wasn't a tough fight for you too?

MD|Luffy: That's right. It wouldn't be an exaggeration to say that my understanding of the Rose vs. Fei Long match-up is at about 200% complete. Even in France, there are top Fei Long players like Evans and StarNab. If you can't beat Fei Long, then it's not possible to win at a tournament in France.

Sounds like according to Louffy the Sagat matchup is in Rose's favor, which doesn't surprise me since she got better tools overall. But obviously it's up to the players who are capable of tipping the scales and that's why Ryan Hart was able to win against him pre-EVO.

Moral of the story: Louffy's preparation paid off. Umehara's preparation against Xian, Infiltration and Bonchan paid off back then. While Bonchan didn't prepare enough against Louffy at EVO.

On another note DreamHack Valencia is running right now supposedly Louffy and Ryan Hart are also there

It's funny because Rose still isn't OP good. I said once Ultra came out that the game belongs to Rose, Chun-Li, Cody and Gouken because of how good they got. 4 characters that don't use gimmicks, are fun to play and are never talked about. People have slept on these characters and now one of them wins EVO and we're seeing more of the rest online. This is a footsie game now, not a run rings around people/vortex game. So it explains why Evil Ryu is good.

That being said, I've spent a couple of hours playing Poison and I still think she's one of the best. Easily. Without a doubt. I do nothing but play fundamentals and turtle which let Poison win. I've gone from no rank to top 1000 Poisons without even trying. Amazing zoning character with decent footsies.

Marz

Rose and Chun Li are very good in this game.

I think Cody, Poison, and Gouken still aren't very good. Their's like 5 characters that can do what Cody does except better, Poisons kind of good at everything without being exceptional at anything, and Gouken still has problems on defense.

Onemic

Rose and Chun Li are very good in this game.

I think Cody, Poison, and Gouken still aren't very good. Their's like 5 characters that can do what Cody does except better, Poisons kind of good at everything without being exceptional at anything, and Gouken still has problems on defense.

ex tatsu

xCobalt

It's absolute absurd to say Gouken has weak defense. EX Tatsu FADC allows him to get out of a lot of situations and brings him in line with all the other characters that require 3 bars to be safe. He also has access to EX counter and demon flip.

I'd say Gouken is sitting just outside the top 10.

mbpm1

Poisons kind of good at everything without being exceptional at anything,

Being good at everything sounds like a pretty good to me. Tbh though, Poison seems to suck at AA. Her DP especially. Can't know without having the game yet, but that's the way it looks.

Seik

Banned
Got this after winning with Chun. I guess he thought EX lightning legs was turbo or something. Second time that's happened with someone claiming I've used turbo. I take it as a compliment. LIGHTNING FINGERS

14660282666_cf99dc4f82_z.jpg

Pwahahaha! Aren't these the most satisfying to get? :D

Meh I don't mind people band wagoning on my character, but if you are play her well at least. See people doing dumb shit and clearly not knowing anything of the character all day. Same with E. Ryu... they are so easy to beat because they are trying to do the same crap others do. So what you can land a FADC combo... if thats all you know about the character, stop pming me about how cheap im being.

Either way. Got the urge to play Dan this morning for no reason. Don't play Shoto's but I think I can run a train on people to 1000 points easy given how these Rose/E. Ryu people are playing post evo. Its like day 1 all over again!

GGs last night sloth and beef. Those Hugo mirrors were a privilege to spectate lol. Decapre still has inherent problems with grapplers though, but the exposure to the matchup was nice

vg260

Scust at these new Rose's smh

y'all lack loyalty

Word.
There needs to be a special character loyalist title for each character from the roster and we only get to claim one. That way we can show who the true fans are :p

I'm sure I'll get crap for using Rose despite her being my favorite in the series and not being good with her. I was most excited about her in Vanilla.
It's a shame I'm kinda discouraged to use her now. I'm gonna work through other characters until people jump off the bandwagon. Should help learning matchups at least.

DunpealD

I got this today, is there a timeframe for the new trials? Probably release day?

Not too sure. I think they are releasing it with the retail version. But with Capcom you never know.

Also Louffy won against Ryan Hart twice with 3:0. I guess he created his own worst nightmare lol.

Don't know what to make of this. Will be interesting to see if Ryan Hart will stick to Sagat though.

Dmented

Banned
Can't wait for Aug 8th to come for the PC release. I need some people to play with though, those who're not very good and want to learn like myself. Preferably on the east coast too.

Sheroking

I swear to god. Every sub 2500pp Bison player on XBL has found a unique way to go full retard.

Hate that fight so much I'm considering picking up Guile just for that.

I'm a guy that gets pretty salty while playing online, I've stated that in this thread and past SF4 OT's. I started trying something new and surprisingly it has worked out for me. When I play ranked, I mainly search for opponents rather than host. Although I will host if I can't find games or connect to anybody. The one change I've made that has made online so much more relaxing is to stop chasing rematches when I search, that's it.

Whenever I lost close to people of a similar skill level or I got random'd by a lower level player, I would want to get back in there so badly and show them that I'm better than them or just to show them that their randomness won't work again. Now win or lose, I'll just move on to somebody new and I don't get so angry anymore. Sure I still get salty, but this small change has made a huge difference lol. The only time I rematch now is when I do host, but that's not the same thing.

Another thing is that unless I'm playing GAF'ers I'm probably going to stop playing on PSN. The lag is too infuriating to deal with. I might run into some guys with good connections, but the majority will be too laggy to deal with

Top Bottom