• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Thanks man, but most of this is total chinese to me.

I guess that if I want to be good, first I need to talk the talk. :lol

Is there any tutorials out there?

Holy shit. :lol

then i would just suggest watching how momochi and sasaki play cody to get an idea of what you can do with him

Hell no, Dee-Jay is awesome. ST Dee-Jay is also much less over-the-top as opposed to SF4 Dee-Jay. Besides, Rufus and El Fuerte are easily much dumber looking and less appealing.
Whaaat? Rufus is straight garbage design. El Fuerte as well. Zero appeal with those two. If I could omit them from the roster, I'd do it in a heartbeat. Dee Jay at least has his ST legacy to fall back on. These 2 clowns got jack shit.
There's no such thing as a tolerable DeeJay in any of the Street Fighter games. His ST legacy is also worth nothing, if only for him being the one who helped accomplish DarksydePhil's rise to fame. Rufus and El Fuerte get by on being goofy as hell with fun animations and being notably different from everyone else in Vanilla, even if their aesthetics are lackluster. Abel is even worse than those two though, out of all the IV newcomers.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
There's no such thing as a tolerable DeeJay in any of the Street Fighter games. His ST legacy is also worth nothing, if only for him being the one who helped accomplish DarksydePhil's rise to fame. Rufus and El Fuerte get by on being goofy as hell with fun animations and being notably different from everyone else in Vanilla, even if their aesthetics are lackluster. Abel is even worse than those two though, out of all the IV newcomers.

Oh man, totally forgot about Abel. Which is totally understandable as he's generic/boring/unremarkable. Man. IV really gave us some crap un-iconic characters. Decapre is a step up, at least moves-wise imo. Wish she looked different/had no link to Cammy though.

xCobalt

I mean you play the character so you would have more perspective on the matter.

But I think the fact that he doesn't have a two hit fireball really keeps him from having a solid shoto gameplan of baiting jumps since you can focus dash in on him with ease. His fireball game isn't as good as it looks on paper because of this.

I think their is like 15-20 characters better than him.

Also PSN or Live anyone?

That's definitely a flaw with the character but if he did have access to an instant 2 hit fireball, his zoning would be too good. Depending on the spacing, you can punish people for trying to focus dash in with standing hk or crouching mp.

Renekton

Oh man, totally forgot about Abel. Which is totally understandable as he's generic/boring/unremarkable. Man. IV really gave us some crap un-iconic characters. Decapre is a step up, at least moves-wise imo. Wish she looked different/had no link to Cammy though.
Haha I thought Viper and Rufus were pretty cool, although they remind me of Vanessa (KOF) and Bob (Tekken).

DunpealD

GGs. I'm sure you'll get the hang of it when you play some more. As usual it takes some time in the beginning.

Also here's roses frame data on SRK wiki. See if you can make sense of it, if not just ask.

Also here is theGrand Finals of Dreamhack Valencia 2014 Louffy vs. Ryan Hart.

I play too, add me guys! lyteedge.

There will likely be a lot more people playing once Ultra is out.

Added you too. Too bad you weren't online, might have given him some pointers too!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Haha I thought Viper and Rufus were pretty cool, although they remind me of Vanessa (KOF) and Bob (Tekken).

Viper! Yes, she is awesome, no question. Design and move set. As for Rufus, I think a lot has to do with the artstyle/engine. In 2D, he isn't anywhere as bad to me:

rtlq3s.jpg

His voice bugs the hell outta me too though.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Viper is totally an SNK character rip-off, yeah. I love her design but do not like the way she plays, so I've barely ever used her. In fact there is something "off" to me about the initial four new SF4 characters. Abel was the best addition, IMO.

I hate Rufus' design. The "fast fat man" (guessing this all goes back to Sammo Hung?) thing was done so much better with Bob in Tekken, and before him with Cheng Sinzan in Fatal Fury.

kirblar

Viper is totally an SNK character rip-off, yeah. I love her design but do not like the way she plays, so I've barely ever used her. In fact there is something "off" to me about the initial four new SF4 characters. Abel was the best addition, IMO.

I hate Rufus' design. The "fast fat man" (guessing this all goes back to Sammo Hung?) thing was done so much better with Bob in Tekken, and before him with Cheng Sinzan in Fatal Fury.
Yeah, the Sammo Hung thing does not translate to a western look, imo.

Any EU Gaffers getting Ultra on PC? I've been setting everything up for Ultra and getting back to Balrog and Deejay (aka ToptierJay). Also is there any GAF group on Steam for Street Fighter? That would be handy when Ultra comes out. For SSF4AE the player base is pretty shitty. I'm not that good and I'm getting almot 90% winrate.
sf4pc.JPG

So far, I've played against one good player. Maybe they are all playing Endless. Hopefully Ultra will activate the PC community.

Any EU Gaffers getting Ultra on PC? I've been setting everything up for Ultra and getting back to Balrog and Deejay (aka ToptierJay). Also is there any GAF group on Steam for Street Fighter? That would be handy when Ultra comes out. For SSF4AE the player base is pretty shitty. I'm not that good and I'm getting almot 90% winrate.
sf4pc.JPG

So far, I've played against one good player. Maybe they are all playing Endless. Hopefully Ultra will activate the PC community.

I will be getting Ultra on PC

I'm also pretty shitty...

Here is the GAF group. It's not very active though.

Marz

Rufus is awesome IMO. As are Juri and Hakan.

Abel is lame and should be deleted and replaced with Alex. Elf players don't even like Elf.

Vipers cool she just shouldn't be in this game, she works well in Marvel though.

alstein

Rufus is awesome IMO. As are Juri and Hakan.

Abel is lame and should be deleted and replaced with Alex. Elf players don't even like Elf.

Vipers cool she just shouldn't be in this game, she works well in Marvel though.

I think Abel's kinda cool actually.

Fuerte can DIAF. Horribly gimmicky character. Viper's a little too SNK for SF. Juri's a great design but scumbag in Ultra. Rufus is fun, and Hakan is silly fun.

NaM

Does not have twelve inches...
sf4pc.JPG

I pre-ordered ultra and already regret it. GFWL used work a lot better than steamworks and I don't think they'll able to fix it. I hope I'm wrong.

Seik

Banned
I'm trying to play AE (waiting for Ultra to come on disc) on PSN and I can't play against anyone online atm, can't even create a session. Anyone here have the same problem?

Onemic

If there's an SF5 the only new characters I'd want from the SF4 series would be Juri and Hakan. Alex should be in there instead of Abel.

Ibuiki, El Fuete and Viper all need to die horrible deaths...

they don't fit in the system at all and completely ignore a bunch of aspects of the engine. Stupid guessing games -_-

Oh you wanna do your block string on meee NO BURN KICK!!!

Retarded character designs...

Anyone wanna pleh?

If you can get on the Xbox version I'll play. Hopefully that works out better than it did on PS3

Ibuiki, El Fuete and Viper all need to die horrible deaths...

they don't fit in the system at all and completely ignore a bunch of aspects of the engine. Stupid guessing games -_-

Oh you wanna do your block string on meee NO BURN KICK!!!

Retarded character designs...

I never ever want to see Viper or Elf in another SF game again. Elf makes me feel like I'm playing a different game. Viper just pisses me off because she can make all these stupid decisions and get away with it most of the time because the number of moves she has at her disposal to spam allows her to. As for Ibuki, I guess since she's sort of a vet I don't mind keeping her around as long as her design is changed. If she's Ms. Vortex again then she can GTFO to.

EDIT: Damn it, Omni beat me to the punch.

Marz

If you can get on the Xbox version I'll play. Hopefully that works out better than it did on PS3

I never ever want to see Viper or Elf in another SF game again. Elf makes me feel like I'm playing a different game. Viper just pisses me off because she can make all these stupid decisions and get away with it most of the time because the number of moves she has at her disposal to spam allows her to. As for Ibuki, I guess since she's sort of a vet I don't mind keeping her around as long as her design is changed. If she's Ms. Vortex again then she can GTFO to.

He hasn't sent me a request yet so I dunno if he checked back, what's your XBL? I'll hop on real quick

Edit: nvm we in there well have to play some other time man:(

Does Rico have a backup character ?

M. Bison is/was, idk if he still is since ultra dropped or if he is working on someone else.

I personally hope they'd bring back Urien instead of Abel for SF5's medium grapple character... I kind of liked his design. Guess I could pick up SF3 online again but I'm pretty free at that so.....

If Blanka isn't in the next game and Urien is, I will definitely be playing him.

chronosic

Well, DLd Ultra to my 360 today and have been fucking around with the new characters. I'm so close to getting XBL gold. If anybody wants to battle a Blanka, lemme know!

GGS Marz! I enjoy a nice sagat, love your zoning. I used to play a good gat called Emblem Lord, you have similar style. Probably due to being online, but you should be AA 90% of my jump ins...Sorry my Fei isn't up to par with my Ken yet, I'm still working on him -_-

lol...Ibuki I guess is the least of the offenders since it's not AS difficult to guess where her kunai will go and I can't remember but I think I studied the matchup before and I got pretty decent against her, Viper no...i die by the burn kick. If my mix-up isn't on point, I lose, period...and now she has her knuckle back! arggh...Elf is just a joke. My friend Elite Zeus used to play me a lot and show me the tricks, it's sitll a guessing game...

rice-eater let's go a few rounds soon I gotta play against some good E.Ryu's...

Top Bottom