• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Marz

GGS Marz! I enjoy a nice sagat, love your zoning. I used to play a good gat called Emblem Lord, you have similar style. Probably due to being online, but you should be AA 90% of my jump ins...Sorry my Fei isn't up to par with my Ken yet, I'm still working on him -_-

GGS man, your Ken is way good. You have a ton of patience I'm not used to playing against that haha. Yea I definitely need to work on my AA game, you time your jumps really well though its hard for me to get a read on you. Would have stuck around for more but I gotta pick up someone from the airport.

lol...Ibuki I guess is the least of the offenders since it's not AS difficult to guess where her kunai will go and I can't remember but I think I studied the matchup before and I got pretty decent against her, Viper no...i die by the burn kick. If my mix-up isn't on point, I lose, period...and now she has her knuckle back! arggh...Elf is just a joke. My friend Elite Zeus used to play me a lot and show me the tricks, it's sitll a guessing game...

rice-eater let's go a few rounds soon I gotta play against some good E.Ryu's...

Are you East Coast? My experience on PSN has been pretty bad and against West Coasters it's practically unplayable. BTW, do you post on SRK? I've seen a guy on the SRK forums with a name like Omni-something(OmniCloud I think?) and I know Emblem post on SRK and he's from Jersey I believe. So if you're games hold up well with him then maybe it will with me since I'm from NC.

BTW, I wouldn't say I'm a good Evil Ryu. I think I'm a OK player so hopefully I can provide you with decent comp if we can get the chance to play. Name is Rice_Eate483. I'll get on in a bit if you're still around.

Are you East Coast? My experience on PSN has been pretty bad and against West Coasters it's practically unplayable. BTW, do you post on SRK? I've seen a guy on the SRK forums with a name like Omni-something(OmniCloud I think?) and I know Emblem post on SRK and he's from Jersey I believe. So if you're games hold up well with him then maybe it will with me since I'm from NC.

BTW, I wouldn't say I'm a good Evil Ryu. I think I'm a OK player so hopefully I can provide you with decent comp if we can get the chance to play. Name is Rice_Eate483. I'll get on in a bit if you're still around.
yeah man...I'm from Jersey too...Omnicloud is me on SRK '-) also my PSN...we'll get a set in endless soon...

I'm watching my favorite show Heroes right now though, I'll hit u up later ;-)

I pre-ordered ultra and already regret it. GFWL used work a lot better than steamworks and I don't think they'll able to fix it. I hope I'm wrong.
Yeah there are some problems, but after I figured the reason for my lag spikes, it has been working pretty well. Basically I can play people from Nordics and Central EU without too much latency. With other EU countries it is iffy.

KLonso

Anyone here who doesn't mind playing with someone who's absolutely terrible? Like really fucking bad, I only started playing with Ultra. Add me on PSN, K_Lonso. I'm in Toronto for reference.

stn

Anyone interested in playing XBL tonight? I'm EST, probably around 8, 9PM. Just leave your tag and I'll add! :)

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
What do you mean?

Sent you an invite to Endless!

Edit:

Anybody rock these? My Ryu, Ken & Chun just arrived today.
l_sfringcharacter.jpg

Fairly new to SF4 but I find Hugo fun to play.

Is there any reason to use his SPD over the wall throw->clap->back breaker? Does the throw itself have better properties?

I figure if I can get higher damage and stun, that's what I should go for.

Fairly new to SF4 but I find Hugo fun to play.

Is there any reason to use his SPD over the wall throw->clap->back breaker? Does the throw itself have better properties?

I figure if I can get higher damage and stun, that's what I should go for.

SPD starts up a lot faster. And all versions have more reach than the wall throw (other than the ex wall throw).

I also like the positioning of where the SPD leaves Hugo. I do try to go for wall throw more often though.

Don't you mean Alex? Urien wasn't a grappler at all.
I meant Urien, but you you're right I forgot his normal grab looks like a command grab (and that he's a charge character). Guess I should phrase it as the medium-heavy weight class character (between say hugo and sakura, but above characters like ryu).

gg's cobalt. I just started cycling through characters to find which ones would give Gouken the biggest headache :p Which I think just might be Abel.

My Yun is coming along.. slowly. I know the basics but not how to really win tbh

Iorv3th

I didn't see it anywhere in the OP, but how do you fullscreen this game on PC? In settings it's giving me option for 1920x1080 but it's windowed. Don't see a fullscreen option anywhere.

xCobalt

gg's cobalt. I just started cycling through characters to find which ones would give Gouken the biggest headache :p Which I think just might be Abel.

My Yun is coming along.. slowly. I know the basics but not how to really win tbh

For me personally, it's probably Abel. I just have no idea what to do in that matchup lol. Cammy and Yun is annoying no matter how much experience I have against them.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
And his Ultra 2 doesn't cover above his head, ugh

Preach, brother, preach! 3rd Strike Hugo shits all over this version's potatoes.

And that Standing Gigas--I pulled one off in a match the only time I ever tried. Gonna see if I can post the match in a bit. Regardless, its wayyyy easier to do now.

Preach, brother, preach! 3rd Strike Hugo shits all over this version's potatoes.

And that Standing Gigas--I pulled one off in a match the only time I ever tried. Gonna see if I can post the match in a bit. Regardless, its wayyyy easier to do now.

I tried to do Hugo's antiair grab to cover distance since I read an Oni charging a fireball. The landing recovery was so bad, he had time to throw the fireball and then throw me after I landed behind him. I couldn't even do a 720 in time. :(

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I tried to do Hugo's antiair grab to cover distance since I read an Oni charging a fireball. The landing recovery was so bad, he had time to throw the fireball and then throw me after I landed behind him. I couldn't even do a 720 in time. :(

Haha yup those glory days are loooong gone, my brother in the Gigas Army

Myn

I personally hope they'd bring back Urien instead of Abel for SF5's medium grapple character... I kind of liked his design. Guess I could pick up SF3 online again but I'm pretty free at that so.....

I always wondered how Urien would fit into SF4, then realized he probably wouldn't be anywhere near as fun as his SF3 incarnate because aegis reflector can't be built multiple times per round. It's the same concept of Yun, his 3s gameplay revolved around building for Geneijin and activating whenever possible, whereas in SF4 it wasn't utilized in that way. Actually, in USF4 you don't even need Geneijin anymore because of red focus.

Top Bottom