• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

El Sloth

Banned
Sloth, you liar! You told me Hugo's super has invincibility! I just lost 3 games because it doesn't!
It does! Best way to use it, outside of combing into it from clap, is to punish fireballs! It is a little weird though. What situations did you use it and what did you lose to?

Also, a late ggs to you and Kevo from the other night.

My problem with Hugo is that I get too impaitient and forget to use his great standing short and standing strong pokes and instead keep jumping in. I also keep forgetting my running grab shenanigans in ranked matches and to use his Ultra Throw to punish over cr. lk xx lariat or SPD. At least I've finally gotten the timing down for the st.mp after running throw. Now my success rate with it is 40% instead of .2% lol

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Whatever happened to Sandybags? He had a mean Hugo in 3rd Strike back in the OG Xbox days.

Can't say im familiar with him. Plenty of scary Hugos on xbl already though. Particularly tough fight for me since yang's damage output isnt the best plus hes made out of paper mache.

Zack117

Banned
Hmm, I always see other Poisons plinking into st. MK after cr. LP/LK even though it's at least a 2 frame link. I wonder if they don't use double tapping because it's harder to do.

It does! Best way to use it, outside of combing into it from clap, is to punish fireballs! It is a little weird though. What situations did you use it and what did you lose to?

Also, a late ggs to you and Kevo from the other night.

My problem with Hugo is that I get too impaitient and forget to use his great standing short and standing strong pokes and instead keep jumping in. I also keep forgetting my running grab shenanigans in ranked matches and to use his Ultra Throw to punish over cr. lk xx lariat or SPD. At least I've finally gotten the timing down for the st.mp after running throw. Now my success rate with it is 40% instead of .2% lol

Once I finally was able to do that, I realized that I don't really like it. Only time I use it now is if it will kill.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
xV1vJFV.jpg

My kids really dig it.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Tell your Canadian government to upgrade your net.

Haha this is why you keep playing me, despite being a punching bag. Dat butta smooth connection. The bad news is I didn't pay my bill and just got shut down by Verizon tonight. Pay day ain't till Friday. *breaks out in nervous sweat*

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Last session was divine.

I think I hate big lobbies now. I rarely play the game and when I do I hate waiting to play if I lose.

And gee. I wonder why there are so many Roses and Dudleys online these days.

LakeEarth

Whatever happened to Sandybags? He had a mean Hugo in 3rd Strike back in the OG Xbox days.

I actually faced him on 3rd Strike Online a year or so back. I think it was on XBL, can't remember, I've played on both it and PSN. He crushed me, just like the good ole' days. He also had a mean, MEAN Necro. I think I only beat him once out of 200+ matches over the years.

I don't know if he plays SF4. Despite playing SF4 online since the original's launch, I've never seen him.

I actually faced him on 3rd Strike Online a year or so back. I think it was on XBL, can't remember, I've played on both it and PSN. He crushed me, just like the good ole' days. He also had a mean, MEAN Necro. I think I only beat him once out of 200+ matches over the years.

I don't know if he plays SF4. Despite playing SF4 online since the original's launch, I've never seen him.

Some folk just will not move on from 3rd Strike. I would really like to see what Pyrolee could accomplish in other fighters. But that's a pipe dream.

hitsugi

Some folk just will not move on from 3rd Strike. I would really like to see what Pyrolee could accomplish in other fighters. But that's a pipe dream.

Pyrolee was America's best emulation of Japanese Yun players. Then he got double perfected by them when they came here.

Not to say he was bad, but I don't think we're missing anything.

El Sloth

Banned
Once I finally was able to do that, I realized that I don't really like it. Only time I use it now is if it will kill.
I like going for running grab again immediately afterwards since pretty much no one is expecting the restand. If I land another restand after the second running grab (short version) then I wait a tiny bit to see if they jump. If they jump forward, then lk backbreaker, jump backwards then ex lariat. If I dont think they'll jump, then I usually gamble with another running grab.

Things rarely work out for me though :(

TheIconizer

Neo Member
Even though I stopped playing the SF games for a good 2 years now. I think I'll buy the Ultra edition because of the costumes and the complete feeling. I had a ton of fun during my time with the game, though I was never an expert on it. My buddies passed me by in skill in time.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Nope. I saw that while I was using him in training mode and wondered what it did. I laughed when he screeched to a halt.

In 3rd Strike, I would occasionally to do this to quickly close distance, people would freeze up for a sec, then bam! Gigas!! It works in Ultra in theory--people still do freeze up sometimes--but recovery is too slow for Gigas shenanigans.

Edit: Hahaha Spoke too soon. I just bagged a Dudley with this. I purposely did Hammer Mountain (and held down punch) next to him since he was already turtling a bit. He tried to get cute and did Cross Counter. NOPE IT'S GIGAS TIME!!

Here ya go, 2nd round

Ignore my middling Hugo play and savor the thrill of Gigas trickery

In 3rd Strike, I would occasionally to do this to quickly close distance, people would freeze up for a sec, then bam! Gigas!! It works in Ultra in theory--people still do freeze up sometimes--but recovery is too slow for Gigas shenanigans.

Edit: Hahaha Spoke too soon. I just bagged a Dudley with this. I purposely did Hammer Mountain (and held down punch) next to him since he was already turtling a bit. He tried to get cute and did Cross Counter. NOPE IT'S GIGAS TIME!!

Here ya go, 2nd round

Ignore my middling Hugo play and savor the thrill of Gigas trickery
How would you use it in 3rd Strike to close distance and then Gigas? They were two different supers :p
I'll just assume you meant SPD, haha.

I actually like Hugo more in this game since I can use all of his tools as opposed to.... none.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
I was looking at some vanilla art and I remembered reading that they originally wanted to include parrying in the game. I wonder how that would have turned out.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I get happy when someone with a lot of pp joins my lobby, then I get sad when they cycle through 4 of their characters in 4 games and leave when they get scraped/I get tired of fighting their shitty alts and kick them.

Funnily enough, the only high pp dude who's showed me some good stuff was named DJ Still Sucks. Shit made me laugh when it popped up.

Denzel

I get happy when someone with a lot of pp joins my lobby, then I get sad when they cycle through 4 of their characters in 4 games and leave when they get scraped/I get tired of fighting their shitty alts and kick them.

Funnily enough, the only high pp dude who's showed me some good stuff was named DJ Still Sucks. Shit made me laugh when it popped up.

that's da knut

da knut fed up

Marz

Yea that's the worst. When they pick a different character every match. Shit bugs.

Why I kind of prefer ranked. Usually people take it a bit more serious.

Top Bottom