• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Wait, its out on Steam already? I copped it earlier today. On my way back home from film class, so will post my Steam handle a little later. Haven't played in about a week now, went camping with the fam. Gonna be more terrible than usual. Sigh.

remz

THE MAD GEAR HIDE OUT IS PRETTY LAGGY YOU GUYS.

just played against an elena working that busted as hell cr lk hitbox... pretty annoying. but not as annoying as the lag on that stage

Celcius

°Temp. member
For the pc folks, what graphics frame rate settings to you use? Fixed should be turned on I know, but what about vsync or triple buffering?

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
For the pc folks, what graphics frame rate settings to you use? Fixed should be turned on I know, but what about vsync or triple buffering?

IIrc, vsync should be forced via drivers, though many leave that and triple buffering off to avoid input lag.

Fantasmo

Nothing makes me more angry than seeing "host has removed you from the session" for no reason. Hell I lost and not even by much.

mauldie

I'm noticing the freezing offline too. I've read to force vsync from the control panel but wasn't the game made with vsync in mind? I know I feel a big difference when its off though. 1 frame links are so much easier

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I run the benchmark and get a perfect score, but when I set everything to max I get random slowdown all the time (in training). When I change the framerate to Variable, it runs fine.

WTF is going on?

Edgeward

Is the pc netcode not ass now?

I run the benchmark and get a perfect score, but when I set everything to max I get random slowdown all the time (in training). When I change the framerate to Variable, it runs fine.

WTF is going on?

For me, vsync in game is fucked. You need to turn it off and force it through drivers.

Armaly

Got my gmg key!

922c452aba.jpg

:D

Ermac

Ran the benchmark and got an A (120FPS) , ran it again and got a B (55FPS). WTF Capcom.

ajb1888

Banned
Hey, how are the SFxT fightpads?
I had a couple on 360 back in the day for Vanilla, but now considering getting one for the PS3 (only seen SFxT ones available). They have a 3m USB cord which is nice, but just making sure the overall build quality is the same.

I like them a lot! The SFxT pads are actually slimmer and feel better in my hands than the old vanilla pads. I have small hands lol. Its a great solution imo if you're more confortable with a pad than a stick.

Fantasmo

Lose 3 super close matches.
Finally win another close one.
"Host has removed you from session"

#datGigaslife

It's ridiculous ain't it?!

Something I've always wanted was to be able to create a room where characters are banned.

Obviously it should show at the bottom before you enter the room which characters are banned, but MAN would this spruce things up. I'm still seeing the same people pick the same characters they've played for the past 4+ years.

So living in the Philippines, I'm pretty much fucked when it comes to ever hoping to play a decent online game. With the GFWL version, I could at least set my region to singapore/japan/hk and get flawless games, but with here I get a shitty usf4 logo for a flag and get matched up against people from eastern fucking europe and other countries that are half way across the world capcom didn't bother drawing up a nice little flag icon for.

Jesus fuuuuuckkkkkk. So salty

ajb1888

Banned
It's ridiculous ain't it?!

Something I've always wanted was to be able to create a room where characters are banned.

Obviously it should show at the bottom before you enter the room which characters are banned, but MAN would this spruce things up. I'm still seeing the same people pick the same characters they've played for the past 4+ years.

Or just make a room strictly for Ken vs Ken. All night long ;)

Ermac

My inputs are being messed up even when I'm not getting slowdown.

Ermac

Yeah, gonna have to wait till this is patched. Random slowdown all over the place, no matter the settings. Benchmark gives me a different grade everytime.

f u crapcom

Trickster

Lol I am done playing until these fucks with MDZ in their name has gotten up into their PP ivory tower where they won't bother me anymore.

K.Sabot

Shitty netcode compounded with shitty coding.

This game feels gross.

I sold perfectly functional dota 2 items for this.

Duress

My frame rates keep slowing down online and off.

I'm not running any huge memory consuming programs -_-

Benched at an A rating

Lurch666

I can't find you. Link your url, we can play.

Can't wait to jump back into SF4, been holding off playing for ages. Hope everything is smooth on launch.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561197970664586

Couldn't find myself on steam either.Found me by searching for "thelurch" which brings up at least 2 people with the same name.Go figure.Anyway added you now.

Hopefully if you are on this afternoon/evening I will hit you up and we can see how bad this game is on steam.

LowParry

Well I guess it's a good thing I didn't bother playing the PC version tonight.

Well if you ever do, I'd love to come play.

Uploading a high quality youtube vid to see how it goes. Kinda sucks how the process works. Record the whole match, then wait for the full upload onto youtube.

I haven't had any real slowdowns offline while playing in different modes. I usually keep the V-Sync on too if that helps at all. Everything else is at max settings. Motion blur off and extra effects off.

Armaly

Played against my friends in both the UK and Cali absolutely lag free.(I'm in Mass) However, i've encountered numerous freezes during single player. How is the netcode for you guys?

Ermac

Now the benchmark gives me an A. Gave me a B/60FPS first time I ran it. Fix your damn game Capcom, I'm still getting jutter and slowdown.

Played against my friends in both the UK and Cali absolutely lag free.(I'm in Mass) However, i've encountered numerous freezes during single player. How is the netcode for you guys?

Its very random for me. I can get good connection with my friend in San Francisco, but shit connection with my friend in the same City. He only lives like 3miles from me and has the same internet as well. But is not the case on the 360. My speed is 150DL/10UL. Is there a Steam GAF group?

Red Comet

For those still getting Super when you launch the game in steam, put steam in offline mode and then back to online mode. Ultra started downloading after I did that.

Top Bottom