• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

mauldie

Has anyone experimented with not running vsync at all? Like not even forced through the control panel software? With Fixed Frame rate it keeps the game locked at 60 (according to fraps) and I get a little tearing but the game feels so much more responsive. I know there are some theory's that Capcom created the game with vsync on but I can nail my 1 frame links with ease without vsync forced. Thoughts?

kcxiv

how do you change the buttons on the PC version? Everytime i select controller and set my buttons up, it goes back to default. I cant get it to stick to a arcade stick layout.

alstein

I think the issue with freezes may be folks with their mic on.

Had 2 matches. First guy I had to mute, freeze city.
Second guy knew what he was doing in terms of netcode, was really good outside of him being a boring player.

If more people have an experience like the 2nd, I can pack up my PS3 for good.

Did have issues with my $50 Tekken Madcatz stick getting that set up for some reason, but my old Qanba is fine.

how do you change the buttons on the PC version? Everytime i select controller and set my buttons up, it goes back to default. I cant get it to stick to a arcade stick layout.

dont change the keyboard, scroll to the controller 1 setup. it has 4 settings (keyboard 1+2, controller 1+2)

then its self explanatory from there

ALSO, they barely fixed the connection issues.

i cant join lobbies in ranked easily. it fails 8/10 times, and when i do connect with someone it takes like 10 seconds to actually get to the lobby screen. once there, it takes 5 seconds to tell me whether the dude has bars or not.

OH AND THE GAME STILL HAS THAT OLD HANGUP/LAG even with soemone with full bars during the matches. I think all capcom did was remove the annoying "LOADING" popup, but never fixed the actual hiccup.

The Cowboy

Also to go with the above, be sure to remember that when you change them, to exit out you need to use the back button that was being used before you changed them - the settings don't swap until you exit out.

So if you have X (for example) as "back" in the menu on gamepad and change it to A, you still need to hit X to exit out of the controller config menu before it actually swaps to A.

I'd love to blame the constant freezes/slowdown on my unbroken string of 8 straight losses with Poison tonight.

But it's mostly that I'm just really bad with her still. :)

The constant freezes/slowdown sure as shit ain't helping, though.

Although - and this is funny - when I set training mode to simulate lag, it actually starts freezing and stalling just like it does online. So that's at least... accurate?

ZeroCDR

The netcode is amazing and then OHMYGODFREEZES.

I did play a freeze free match with a 3 bar player in Endless, spectacular. I won the fight and he booted me from the room ^_^

Uraizen

Banned
I got great matches against a friend who is in TX earlier. Really damned good for a FL to TX connection. It wasn't immaculate because we had two d/cs and one or two lag spikes, but that's it for about a 30-ish game set.

Also, I've been gathering all the fight titles since they started appearing:

8TGIXJVLEKEHG8
82SPR56FW3JX48
2592B6JIV6CR49
LPTPV4J9PMLW5B
0QLBUU3LB7R8WO

Sorry I didn't label which are which.

remz

what are your rigs?

I have a pretty average $800 build from two years ago and I'm not having any problems
Pretty much... Only have trouble on mad gear and I'm pretty sure its other players, not me specifically as it doesn't happen offline. Turn your settings down maybe ?

Keylow415

yea the game has problems with the lag spikes on and offline but it has been play pretty good online for me with green and some yellow bars. the only big problem i have is when in a fight and its going good the game just lags really bad for 5 to 10 sec and then its fine again really annoying. it plays better then the ps3 so far. steam name is the same as my gaf name.

Edgeward

All these complaints just makes me decide to wait and see. I went and played non-Ultra pc today and online was good, no really hangups or freezes. So reading all these posts makes me wonder just how poorly this dlc/upgrade was implemented

Onemic

netcode in Ultra on PC is soooooooooooooooo much better than PSN. The main problem are random lag spikes on occasional games and when they come they hit hard for a good 5 seconds. Had it happen in about 2 of the 30 or so games ive played. All in all, I havent been having the problems most people in this thread ahve been having. wasnt a patch for the game released a few hours back?

EDIT: starting ranked off with a tenpeat achievement, yay

netcode in Ultra on PC is soooooooooooooooo much better than PSN. The main problem are random lag spikes on occasional games and when they come they hit hard for a good 5 seconds. Had it happen in about 2 of the 30 or so games ive played. All in all, I havent been having the problems most people in this thread ahve been having. wasnt a patch for the game released a few hours back?

At least it's working for one person.

Myn

I played with a couple people I've had past experience with having a good connection and it was playable, no lag whatsoever. However, afterwards I played about ~10 matches in ranked and endless each, and I didn't experience one smooth match. Infact all of them were extremely bad with freezes and heavy lag. The problem seems to be the game telling me that my opponent is a green bar connection when it actually isn't, and when I get sent back to the lobby they show a 1 or 0 bar.

I'm pretty sure the complaints will reach Capcom, if they'll do anything about it however I don't know. They did make efforts post-Steamworks with like two or so patches before Ultra dropped today, one of which addressed "network issues" but it seems like they're not fixed. I guess time will tell if this stuff will be addressed but as of right now the netcode hasn't improved from AE.

fader

yea, like i ran into some red bar people and it felt like i was playing offline but the only thing wrong is the occasional game freezes.

Fuck this PC version. I'm getting a massive video error all of a sudden online. I had to hard reset my PC. Game started stuttering really bad, and then it went blank. But the PC was still on, but no video signal. I never seen anything like this before with any game. I'm playing another game just fine, but when I do online with my buddy, this shit happens.

Kaleinc

Banned
I'm still seeing the same people pick the same characters they've played for the past 4+ years.
How else do you master vortex? Empty jump dp, jump heavy kick sweep, full screen tatsus. Shit takes years.

I read the toddler level explanation of the title in steam library. But are you serious, capcom? Launching Ultra SF I don't expect super to pop up.

Top Bottom