• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

I can't do player matches with my buddy at all. I could do rank, but not player. It keeps crashing on everyone I try to play. I'm also wired BTW.

Exr

With the retail release comes the horde of new people. I encourage all seasoned players to recognize when they are playing someone new to the game and anti air their jumps as much as possible to correct their playstyle so it may conform to a non scrub nature. Vegas crouching HP has claimed many tonight.
EDIT: PSN isn't good but 20% playability might be on your connection. I get some bad laggy matches but they are the minority.

AkIRA_22

So I go on the PSN to upgrade my SSF4:AE to Ultra.... no dice. I do a little poking around the old internetz, turns out Sony, and only Sony, have decided to not allow the upgrade because it turns a PG game into an M rated game. Microsoft are happy to allow the upgrade. FML.

So I go on the PSN to upgrade my SSF4:AE to Ultra.... no dice. I do a little poking around the old internetz, turns out Sony, and only Sony, have decided to not allow the upgrade because it turns a PG game into an M rated game. Microsoft are happy to allow the upgrade. FML.

And this would actually be a lie

You can't seriously believe this, can you? Or rather, I can't seriously believe this.

What the hell country are you in?

Funny regardless.

Carlius

Banned
bp and pp reset? dammit, again? lose it with ae transfer to steamworks for not paying attention and now again. good thing though, cause am getting completley wrecked online and at least i have the excuse to say am at 00 bp and pp lol

Anyone on here feel free to add me on Steam... SandMan2233. And while I know the online matches are, well, inconsistent in-terms of performance, I've lucked out on the last 10 matches or so. So who knows what may happen in a match, but I'd be down to play with fellow GAFfers.

Nocturno999

I'm starting to mute people and the latency seems to improve a lot. Almost buttery smooth.
I suggest trying it in endless after a match with constant freezing to see if there is a difference.

This has worked with 3 people so far.

I'm starting to mute people and the latency seems to improve a lot. Almost buttery smooth.
I suggest trying it after a match with constant freezing to see if there is a difference.

This has worked with people so far.

You may be on to something... The last few matches I played were without my headset plugged-up, so I wasn't transmitting any audio. Plus, the opponents were silent as well. 10 matches that were way smoother than anything else I've played since Ultra went live.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
What's the fastest way to unlock all colors and taunts? I thought they were going to be unlocked already :(

Onemic

Got up to 6th ranked Elena and 1.3k pp, will continue the quest to 2k and top 5 elena tomorrow

Seems like everyones into Gief/Hawk for some reason

Got up to 6th ranked Elena and 1.3k pp, will continue the quest to 2k and top 5 elena tomorrow

To Hell with Elena, lol. I've matched-up against two of them, and they thoroughly kicked my ass (as Dudley, anyway). She's got a nasty high-low game, and she's very hard to read. At least, in my opinion, and I'm no expert. But again, to Hell with her.

To Hell with Elena, lol. I've matched-up against two of them, and they thoroughly kicked my ass (as Dudley, anyway). She's got a nasty high-low game, and she's very hard to read. At least, in my opinion, and I'm no expert. But again, to Hell with her.

You really only need to block low against her most of the time. She'll try to trick you with Mallet Smash (which is an overhead) afterwards, but if you've got good reflexes, you can block high and punish. Watch out for her funky hurtbox, too. She's deceptively tiny, so be aware.

Hey guys, is this benchmark tool you guys are using in the game or something I can download? If it's the latter, could someone provide me with a link?

Renekton

I'm just mashing DP when people try to complete her links. Even ChrisG and Sako drop them regularly, so I like my chances.

Hey guys, is this benchmark tool you guys are using in the game or something I can download? If it's the latter, could someone provide me with a link?
USF4 comes with a benchmark option in menu. Just run it when you are set up.

You really only need to block low against her most of the time. She'll try to trick you with Mallet Smash (which is an overhead) afterwards, but if you've got good reflexes, you can block high and punish. Watch out for her funky hurtbox, too. She's deceptively tiny, so be aware.

Note taken. Thank you Professor.

My main issue right now is that I'm coming in so late into Ultra. I saw it at EVO this year, but without a PS3 or XBOX 360, I've only begun looking at the current game, well, about seven hours ago, hahaha! But I'll keep that in mind about Elena... I figured there was something one could do about that footwork.

Onemic

..it's really not good...at all, once you learn the ins and outs of it, it's very easy to see when it's coming and you can punish appropriately. Hoenstly, with her it just takes experience playing against the character a few times till you understand her. Dudley eats Elena for lunch.

..it's really not good...at all, once you learn the ins and outs of it, it's very easy to see when it's coming and you can punish appropriately. Hoenstly, with her it just takes experience playing against the character a few times till you understand her. Dudley eats Elena for lunch.

I see... I suppose that's the trick then: play against them, learn what they fall back on, play it smart, and punish the footwork. Same as any other match-up, but that was really getting to me. But I'll learn, hopefully, and maybe I'll start, as you put it, "eating them for lunch."

colinp

Banned
Apparently someone got the SFXT costumes bonus by making an empty folder in this directory:

C:Users(YourUserName)DocumentsCAPCOMSFTKsavedata

Not sure if it's legit but you guys could try and report back.

EDIT: oops double post :( sorry

This is totally legit and great. Thanks!

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I like them a lot! The SFxT pads are actually slimmer and feel better in my hands than the old vanilla pads. I have small hands lol. Its a great solution imo if you're more confortable with a pad than a stick.

Dang, good to know! Thanks pal! Will definitely consider picking one up.
They're only like 2000yens on Amazon right now.

That SFxT logo is a bit of a blemish, but Poison and Hugo is a strong look whatever game you're playing!

Anyone on here feel free to add me on Steam... SandMan2233. And while I know the online matches are, well, inconsistent in-terms of performance, I've lucked out on the last 10 matches or so. So who knows what may happen in a match, but I'd be down to play with fellow GAFfers.

Where are you based? My regular ID is BobioJapan (my connection is good/wired, but I can't promise any miracles).

Just installed the game on Steam... feel free to add me under cruizinko. Looking for intermediate/high level play. I'm Singapore with 1Gbps fiber so I'm curious to see how laggy the matches will be.

Onemic

Apparently someone got the SFXT costumes bonus by making an empty folder in this directory:

C:\Users\(YourUserName)\Documents\CAPCOM\SFTK\savedata\

yup its legit. schoolgirl elena is back in business

Dang, good to know! Thanks pal! Will definitely consider picking one up.
They're only like 2000yens on Amazon right now.

That SFxT logo is a bit of a blemish, but Poison and Hugo is a strong look whatever game you're playing!

Where are you based? My regular ID is BobioJapan (my connection is good/wired, but I can't promise any miracles).

I'm in the United States... Mississippi to be specific. I'm wired too, but maybe a miracle could occur tonight (or today; whatever time it is, lol).

Not working for me...Need to know what the hell I'm doing wrong.

Armaly

Is it also possible to do this with regular Street Fighter to get colors 11 and 12?

Here is a short summary of my experience so far. I played about a dozen matches, I only played guys that showed green bars and for the most part the games had minimal lag or didn't feel laggy at all. Their was one game against a Elf that lagged like crazy though. It kept pausing over and over and not the "waiting for player" variety but the one that others have been describing. Overall I think it's worse than the GFWL experience so far but good enough for the most part.

BTW I uploaded a video simply to test it. I wanted to use high quality and see how long it would take on my PC. After it recorded the video, it simply uploads right after :eek:. No transcoding bullshit, thank goodness for modern day PC's lol.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Tried searching for you but no results.

Sorry, BobioJapan is my PSN ID.

Hit up just "Bobio" on Steam (I'll probably get the Ultra upgrade on PC as well some day and it'd be fun to have a list of GAFfers ready to fight).

I main Gouken and have recently been enjoying picking up Oni.

PS: Long-time Hugo lover, and curious about (but also terrified of) Rolento.

I'm in the United States... Mississippi to be specific. I'm wired too, but maybe a miracle could occur tonight (or today; whatever time it is, lol).

Go ahead and add me. Let's test the magic!

So, is the PC version any good? how does it compare to PS360?
Well...

Here is a short summary of my experience so far. I played about a dozen matches, I only played guys that showed green bars and for the most part the games had minimal lag or didn't feel laggy at all. Their was one game against a Elf that lagged like crazy though. It kept pausing over and over and not the "waiting for player" variety but the one that others have been describing. Overall I think it's worse than the GFWL experience so far but good enough for the most part.

BTW I uploaded a video simply to test it. I wanted to use high quality and see how long it would take on my PC. After it recorded the video, it simply uploads right after :eek:. No transcoding bullshit, thank goodness for modern day PC's lol.
Basically, it's still varying from person to person how their experience is. I'd say it's probably sitting between XBL and PSN in terms of netcode right now. (GFWL was so much better though...) But YMMV. And apparently muting people nets you a better connection? idk.

Armaly

For Ultra, you mean? One of the first patches to AE post Steamworks gave everyone all the characters' 11th and 12th color.
Is your documents folder on your C drive, or did you move it?

Oh wow, I actually had these colors back in AE! I just thought that they were super exclusive like the SFxT ones.

I tried to play some games earlier. Went from crystal clear to playing in mud. Hopefully it will improve.
Yeah, that's the thing, it can be really good, but it also gets really shitty too. Hopefully they keep fixing it.

BTW I'm sad that the title screen isn't the one from the OP. And that the theme is just a riff on the shittiest song in the game on a 30 second loop.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
jXoY8Zx2lnn9e.png

online play is still very variable :(

Top Bottom