• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
USF4 runs maxed out on all settings at 1920x1080P on my new Sager NP7338. Gonna try it on my ASUS T100 tablet now. Was able to get 60 FPS with AE, at the lowest resolution possible, and expect this to be no different.

Tomat

Wanna hear a good joke? Waste your time helping me! LOL!
does anyone else get like freezes when they play?

I'm getting something like this, especially in training. There are times where I try to walk forward/backward after doing a move and my character sits there. I have to let go of the d-pad and press the direction again. It's either the game being weird or my pad is broken (it was fine yesterday).

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I purchased my upgrade through GMG, but I already have USF4 in my library? Installing it now..

Mine is the same way, it says Ultra Street Fighter IV, but my preorder is through GMG. GMG doesn't have the key up yet. I booted it up and it was just AE like it did when I preloaded Ultra for PS3.

ajb1888

Banned
Installed the disc to my 360, and its labeled in my games list as SSFIVAE lol. Ah well.
Did a few matches with Juri and Elena. Using a SF X TK madcatz pad, and yep, I'm pretty rusty!

If you run into "JourdonnaisOWNS" on Live, please understand he doesn't "own" at anything in this game haha..

Also, be gentle with "The Jade Warrior" when on Steam lol..

Peace!

Uraizen

Banned
In options it says that the PC version is Ultra v1.01

Did the PC one already come with the patch mentioned earlier today?

Yudoken

Can't wait to play Ultra tomorrow.
I live in Germany so I don't know if it makes sense to add me at the list since most people here are probably from the States.
Currently I'm planning to play every weekend on pc but I've to go to several job training interviews but this shouldn't take too long.
Hopefully I can start in a month or so playing regularly with my newly bought SF TE1 arcade stick.
Currently I'm better with the DS3 but honestly I've got a good feeling with the stick. I mainly play with Dudley but sometimes I try out other characters like Evil Ryo and Rolento.
I'm not good at all and I don't have a lot of online experience with Street Fighter but I've currently beaten all my friends and I want to meet other players who like to play for fun. =)

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
GMG typically doesn't send out codes until the official release date. If you pre-ordered from them, chances are high that you'll have to wait until sometime tomorrow.

LowParry

GMG typically doesn't send out codes until the official release date. If you pre-ordered from them, chances are high that you'll have to wait until sometime tomorrow.

Probably for the best because I'd probably rage too much and just quit the game forever.

Marz

Question for Sagat players. How do you guys do kara fireballs? I can do them, but the way I do it feels so convoluted.

F.lk, let the stick return to neutral, then input the fireball motion cleanly before the f.lk is finished.

It has to be done fast and it almost has to be one fluid motion.

Trickster

So evident from playing that it's a completely different type of players than what I usually run into. Damn pp reset <_<

Not really a sagat player, but usually i do f.lk and wait to let the buffer clear the forward and do the fireball. The timing is tight though.

F.lk, let the stick return to neutral, then input the fireball motion cleanly before the f.lk is finished.

It has to be done fast and it almost has to be one fluid motion.
Yeah I don't like that way. Guess I'll stick to mine, which is f+lk then 360+whichever fireball I use. Works really well, but I wanted to start using f+hk instead of f+lk to possibly get the fireballs out a bit faster, but shit is too hard. I'll laugh if someone tells me that fireballs can't be kara'd with f+hk. Lots of time wasted.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Installed the disc to my 360, and its labeled in my games list as SSFIVAE lol. Ah well.
Did a few matches with Juri and Elena. Using a SF X TK madcatz pad, and yep, I'm pretty rusty!

If you run into "JourdonnaisOWNS" on Live, please understand he doesn't "own" at anything in this game haha..

Also, be gentle with "The Jade Warrior" when on Steam lol..

Peace!

Hey, how are the SFxT fightpads?
I had a couple on 360 back in the day for Vanilla, but now considering getting one for the PS3 (only seen SFxT ones available). They have a 3m USB cord which is nice, but just making sure the overall build quality is the same.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
I set everything to max and I'm getting like 1FPS. Something doesnt seem right .. I have a GTX460 and an i7..

edit: set the framerate to variable and it runs fine now. What's better, Variable or Smooth?

Top Bottom