• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Just played 10 matches all of them laggy all of them had green bars..also WTF is up with offline training mode freezing like lag...this game is a mess right now..

kcxiv

i played a little tonight, was there lag in some matches? yeah, but overall it wasnt that bad. Its abotu on par with the 360 so far. Maybe PC has that 4 second lag spike once in a while, but outside of that, seems about the same

After uploading a match I decided to play some more, probably another 15 games i would guess. I experienced a lot more lag this time and I only played green bars again. This is very disappointing. I was going to abandon Xbox for this but now I'm not so sure. I have another month left so I hope the PC version improves or something is announced.

Well hopefully I can play some of you guys this weekend when I have more time and it goes well. And I just now noticed that my old name is gone and it's replaced by my Steam version. Not a big difference but it went from "RiceEater483" to "Rice Eater". I notice something was off but it took me a while to figure it out.

After uploading a match I decided to play some more, probably another 15 games i would guess. I experienced a lot more lag this time and I only played green bars again. This is very disappointing. I was going to abandon Xbox for this but now I'm not so sure. I have another month left so I hope the PC version improves or something is announced.

Well hopefully I can play some of you guys this weekend when I have more time and it goes well. And I just now noticed that my old name is gone and it's replaced by my Steam version. Not a big difference but it went from "RiceEater483" to "Rice Eater". I notice something was off but it took me a while to figure it out.

I just tried adding you.

alstein

We will need to play sometime, one of the locals I talk to and play with is saying this is great and best version ever, but she only plays with friends for the most part. I prob should play you sometime- if we have problems something is wrong.

impact

Banned
Netcode is def. worse on PC than it used to be. Wonder how they keep fucking up like that on PC. SFxT was also way worse on PC.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Ok, I just sent out a bunch of Steam friends invites according to the master list in Kayde's OP. If anyone wants to get me, my handle's still:

illegalwiretap

Not liking what I'm reading about net code and other glitches though.

Baleoce

Bought the upgrade on GMG, and put the code into Steam. But steam is still booting into AE. Do I have to uninstall AE first? And let it download it from fresh? Why is it even booting AE when it's called Ultra? This is backwards.

EDIT - Just worked it out. Right clicked USF4 in Steam and went to "view downloadable content". Looked at the USF4 upgrade bit, and it's ticked but just says "not installed". and there's no way for me to trigger the install.. Tried logging off and on again, but nope.

Double EDIT - You can force the installation of the USF4 Update to AE by Verifying the Cache integrity.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Okay, just tried a few Ranked matches. Netcode seemed generally the same as 360 for me, this was even when taking green bar matches that would all of a sudden be yellow and sometimes red once in the Lobby. No pauses/stuttering to speak of save for a few quick instances. So far, so good. Hugo's executioner alt is stupid, btw. How hard is it to dress the Man Mountain??

Okay, guess I should really eat breakfast before going back.

ElTopo

Banned
Weird performance issue I have. The game runs fine on low settings but with an activate background but it seems like the instant a character has those ink-blot alt colors my FPS plummets. The only thing that fixes this is disabling the stages.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Is it possible to get AI opponents to wear alternate costumes in Arcade mode? I'm pretty sure you had to press some buttons during the loading screen and the AI would pick a random alt costume in the fight

vg260

Is it possible to get AI opponents to wear alternate costumes in Arcade mode? I'm pretty sure you had to press some buttons during the loading screen and the AI would pick a random alt costume in the fight

EDIT: Found this:

Capcom-Unity has mentioned that if you hold all three punch buttons then press start at the beginning of an arcade match on Super Street Fighter 4 Arcade Edition v2012 that the computer will use an alternate costume.

This game is a fucking mess, I can't do quick match for Rank games i have to search custom, if i try and quick join the game crashes every time..

Uzzy

I finally got a good match in and didn't totally embarrass myself (except for walking into an attack with 2 seconds left on the clock which made me lose). Now to see how well the YouTube uploads work.

ArjanN

classic, pathetic capcom

I really can't accept that it would take them all that much time or effort to slap together some trials for new characters

It was already announced the trials would come later.

And while it would be nice for them to be there day 1, it also wouldn't hurt if they were actually based on the latest version/patch.

Myn

..it's really not good...at all, once you learn the ins and outs of it, it's very easy to see when it's coming and you can punish appropriately. Hoenstly, with her it just takes experience playing against the character a few times till you understand her. Dudley eats Elena for lunch.

I have a really dirty mind

Forkball

Tried out all the new characters.
Went to try a multiplayer match.
Game crashes when I hit ranked battle.

It was for the best I think.

Lurch666

This game is a fucking mess, I can't do quick match for Rank games i have to search custom, if i try and quick join the game crashes every time..

Same for me most of the time.Sometimes quick works but mostly just crashes the game.

When I get a match it's been ok apart from one pause but only played about 4 matches so far.

Carlius

Banned
Weird performance issue I have. The game runs fine on low settings but with an activate background but it seems like the instant a character has those ink-blot alt colors my FPS plummets. The only thing that fixes this is disabling the stages.

mr yoda. did you disable renderingthread on the ini file? that usually fixes issues like this. try it. its on by default. mydocuments/capcom/superstreefighteriv and the .ini file.

west

So....

I got the European Ps3 version today, but when I fire it up the game has no hud. No health bar no nothing.

wtf.. The hud is on in the options. If i go into the hud placement option the game hangs. Good job Capcom!

I guess no USF4 for me unless they patch this.

Edit: Uninstalling Super Sf4 seemes to fix the issue.

Late night PC crowd is fun, day time is Shoto, Shoto, Shoto, late night more people using the new characters, people actually learning, day time yo man i gotta win run to that shoto..

alstein

Two more matches on PC

The first, some idiot had his mic on and was spamming, lag spikes.

The second guy turned his mic off, really great.

Mic off seems to be the big thing. My friend- she noticed the same thing and told me last night that she was able to play nationwide with folks with their mic off no problems, but someone with their mic sucked in-state. I'm having a good enough experience on PC now that I feel like I can unhook my PS3 (was only using it for fighters). Between Ultra and SG I have enough for now, and Yata should be fun also.

If anyone wants to play me on here (I'm your average pot monster- my name on here= my Steam name) If your mic is on you will be booted and kicked, no questions asked.

SF4 has been on PC since /2009, and in those 5 years i have never seen a PC with this rating..

2014-08-08_00001o9q1b.jpg

Top Bottom