• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
I spent most of my time testing music mods rather than actually playing. Bye bye, training stage music! I'm going to hold off on the more complicated costume mods for now as getting them working with Ultra is more involved than I want to be bothered with.

Reading about Decapre (and Hugo??) nerfs plus the netcode beef is depressing though.

itwasTuesday

He wasn't alone.
xinput worked for one match, now no sticks or controllers are recognized. Tried original t.e., namco ps1, 360 pad, none work in ultra on steam. And they still work on other games. so it looks like a ultra issue.

Sayad

So I go on the PSN to upgrade my SSF4:AE to Ultra.... no dice. I do a little poking around the old internetz, turns out Sony, and only Sony, have decided to not allow the upgrade because it turns a PG game into an M rated game. Microsoft are happy to allow the upgrade. FML.
All versions of SF4 that can be upgraded to USF4(Super and AE) are rated T on PS3, and so is USF4.
Maybe your game's region doesn't match with the region of the upgrade you bought!

dSSsXl1.jpg

*sigh*

I want S ranking

Dmented

Banned
Played 3 matches on PC and besides me being really shit cause I'm new, my god at that lag. Each game were the laggiest things I've ever come across in gaming.

Ermac

Proudly debt free. If you need a couple bucks, just ask.
re: lag is training mode, switching to windowed and back (alt+ent) sometimes fixes it for me.

Hurry up with the damn patch capcom.

Gbraga

Another thing that sucks is that it makes no fucking sense, I just had the best match so far in Ultra with red bars, wtf?

turned on FRAPS during offline training mode, fight request off. game goes down to 45 fps and slowly comes back up to 60 at random times. it aint my rig.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Capcom roundtable meeting

Employee 1 - Hey guys the PC version is due in a couple of months, do you think we should test to see how it holds up?

Rest of the staff - Nah.

end of meeting.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Infos from wbacon (courtesy of Tesseract who is banned because of reasons):

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/34093781690697842/
darksamus: hi mate, had a friend ask if you can answer a few of his questions regarding USF4
wbacon [capcom]: I'll do my best :)
darksamus: when will Ultra be available exactly on 8th? Will we be able to preload it? When will it appear in our libraries? Will there be a standalone version on the PC?
wbacon [capcom]: get your questoins lined up...gonna go grab a cup of coffee. will BRB
darksamus: np
wbacon [capcom]: annnnd back
darksamus: ok
darksamus: when will Ultra be available exactly on 8th?
darksamus: some of these I expect you can't give a clear answer about
wbacon [capcom]: We're still trying to nail down the specific time with Valve. since it needs to happen during Valve's office hours. While not confirmed yet, I'm shooting for 8/7 at 9pm Pacific Time, which equates to 8/8 0:00am Eastern time.
wbacon [capcom]: I'll need to check on the pre-loading as well.
darksamus: cool, I assume you can read that block of questions I posted above ;)
wbacon [capcom]: oh yes, let me get to those...
darksamus: np
darksamus: in your time ;)
wbacon [capcom]: Standalone...there will be no standalone. It will be an upgrade/expansion on top of SSF4AE. In other words, there won't be a separate listing of USF4 in your Steam Library. This purely for technical reasons. If we separate out the game as distinct entities, users who upgrade from SSF4AE won't be able to cross-play against standalone USF4 users since the game will have a different Steam App ID.
darksamus: ah ok
darksamus: got you
wbacon [capcom]: Same thing with Xbox 360 version. You have a shared Achievements list because both the SSF4/AE--> Ultra upgrade version and USF4 standalone disc shares the same TitleID
wbacon [capcom]: These IDs essentially work as network IDs that allows each game to talk to each other
darksamus: makes sense
darksamus: There is a retail version coming for Europe. Any chance other regions will get it to?
wbacon [capcom]: As far as I'm aware, physical disc version is only coming out in Europe. And maybe parts of Asia.
wbacon [capcom]: But it's the same thing as the digital download version. It's essentially a disc that contains a bundle consisting of SSF4AE, all previous costume packs, and the exclusive USF4 pre-order costumes for the 5 new characters. After installation, it will be the same as your digital download version
darksamus: makes perfect sense
darksamus: I'm going to post this info to a new thread in the steam forums btw ;(
darksamus: Should clear up some things for fans ;)
wbacon [capcom]: Yep! Take it away :)
darksamus: cool
wbacon [capcom]: And the patch for SSF4AE is also in the works as it's contingent on USF4's launch next week.

darksamus: About the patch, people want clarification on what it is for
darksamus: People are assuming it will add the Ultra content with a "dipswitch" setting that says "USF4 = Off" if you didn't buy DLC. Most think the upcoming patch is just for the above and have been quite abusive because I dared to think it might be a "network" fix
wbacon [capcom]: oh sure. i don't have the specific details on what the dev team is fixing, but they've all been apprised of, and are keenly aware of the many feedback they've received from the community including network performance, microphone mute, etc. so they're working on something. I'll eventually get a fix list before the patch goes out so more will be clear by then
darksamus: So the network code is certainly a part of this upcoming patch
darksamus: So will the same patch add the USF4 features with a USF4 = Off dipswitch style setting?
darksamus: Just so I can stomp on that side of things ;)
wbacon [capcom]: i wouldn't know what's included in the patch. But it's not just a patch to enable Ultra content.
wbacon [capcom]: The Ultra upgrade will naturally have actual data - new characters, new stages, new gameplay balance, new opening movie, etc. Not sure what the file size is, but it's not a couple hundred MB or like that. Should be in GBs.

darksamus: Why was the all-in-costume pack removed from the steam store?
wbacon [capcom]: Oh, the all-in costume for Super? It was tenporarily removed because the store page was becomeing a huge mess with small DLC, Ultra upgrade, etc. all polluting the space. The other issue was that the Ultra Upgrade content somehow got pushed down below the all-in costume pack and made it difficult for customers to find it on the page. The compromise solution was to temporarily remove the all-in costume pack until Ultra officially launches. that's when we will retire the regular SSF4AE from the store and replace it with Ultra. They're at the same price. SSF4AE and Ultra SF4 complete - both at $29.99. SO there's no point in keeping both listed.
wbacon [capcom]: We'll sell Ultra complete at $29.99, Ultra upgrade at $14.99, and all-in costume pack from AE

darksamus: I noticed that you can't skip victory screens. Not an important issue, but was wondering if that was being fixed?
wbacon [capcom]: I honestly don't know about the skip function.
wbacon [capcom]: perhaps it's a design decision and not a bug

darksamus: How timly with consoles patching can we expect USF4 on PC patching?
darksamus: Can we expect similar release times for patches to console?
wbacon [capcom]: i would expect that'd be the case. any balancing and feature additions that are universal across platforms.

darksamus: 120hz mode? Why was it removed from the game during the transistion?
darksamus: And will it see a return?
wbacon [capcom]: I wouldn't know, but that feedback was already shared with the development team. I understand it worked in GFWL version, but that functionality was disabled. Perhaps there's a reason for that, but again I don't know and can't assume what choices were made during the development process

darksamus: So if I upgrade to Ultra I can't play with my friends who are still on Arcade Edition ?
wbacon [capcom]: that's a good question, but my guess is no. I believe there'd be a version conflict or mismatch of some sort. I believe consoles have the same problem. You'd probably have to remove the Ultra upgrade portion and manually downgrade. I'm not even sure how that works. Just a guess.

darksamus: The country flags? Any chance of more countries flags being added to the game?
wbacon [capcom]: I recall that was reported when the last patch came out. Do you know what country flags are missing or aren't working?
darksamus: No I don't but I am sure users on steam will tell me/you
wbacon [capcom]: ok
darksamus: So users should compile a list of missing flags?
wbacon [capcom]: that might be helpful

darksamus: Shoryuken forums, whose content has been submitted to Capcom. Are any of the bugs mentioned there are going to be fixed with next week's release, or will those be addressed in later patches (I'd assume the latter)?
wbacon [capcom]: The fighting team has the list for sure. What and when the fix/update will be made is not something that I'm privy to. I think it's a matter of priority and resource allocation, but I'm sure they're taking a close look at the suggestions and determine which ones are needs, wants, and must-fixes.

TheShah

After playing for a couple of hours on Steam, its pretty bad. Oddly enough red bar connections have worked pretty flawlessly while the green bars jump in and out of playable and unplayable.

Fantasmo

I'm certain the lag will be fixed over time. For now I'm just super happy I'm playing a new Street Fighter!

Between this, Resident Evil 6 Mercenaries, Devil May Cry, and Dead Rising 3 next month, Capcom keeps my PC happy :)

emag

You can mute players before the match starts. There's a mute option in the menu to the left.

Doesn't help when it's a player who joins the lobby while you're in-game. And taking the time to mute other players when it's your turn to play will often get you kicked.

Wouldn't be surprised if the voice chat affects lag as well.

LowParry

Okay. I really like Decapre. I may make her my main now over Vega. She has a much better wake up game where was with Vega I'm like the fuck do I do. lol

I did play a couple of friends from out east (me being in Utah, them NY) and we had some really great (what seemed) lag free matches. We had a few times were we were fighting under water but it cleared up and things went smoothly from there.

Marz

Okay. I really like Decapre. I may make her my main now over Vega. She has a much better wake up game where was with Vega I'm like the fuck do I do. lol

I did play a couple of friends from out east (me being in Utah, them NY) and we had some really great (what seemed) lag free matches. We had a few times were we were fighting under water but it cleared up and things went smoothly from there.

Seems like a lot of charge players are switching over.

hitsugi

I also play USF4 on PC now - mashingkeys on steam.

...my observations so far have been more positive than PSN, that's all.

So, in AE, friends would come over, and after awhile, I finally started to get a decent sense for how the game was supposed to work, and while I wasn't great, I felt like I was playing Ken in a way that fit with THIS game.

And now I'm playing Poison, and the only way I seem to be winning is if I play her like Ken from Super Turbo.

Granted, I'm not winning that much, but it's fucking with me :)

emag

BTW, I'm emagius on Steam. I've been Vega main since Super/AE (Bison in Vanilla/Super), but I'm going to try sticking with Hawk for a while.

cackhyena

Rolento is a lot of fun. Hugo is for masochists. Poison is slow. Elena is funky, but I kinda dig. Decapre...don't know what to make of her yet.

Played some online matches. They weren't abysmal, but they could be better for sure. Couple second freezes in a few matches and that weird stuttering from time to time.

ajb1888

Banned
Well, if there's one positive about the stuttering, it gives me a moment to breath lol.. People moving faster in this game than I remembered.

Top Bottom