• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Mohasus

Uhh so... I didn't buy ultra but my SSFIV:AE vanished from my steamlist and there is an entry for USFIV. Is this right?

Trickster

Learning to play grapplers is the best thing I've ever done in SF4 since I began playing it a year ago. T.hawk is the most fun I've had with the game, he's so gud.
condorspirecondorspirecondorspirecondorspirecondorspirecondorspire

Unnerf Seth. #teamseth come on Capcom you know you want some broken characters.

His walljump is so pathetic now, it makes me sad since I began playing him a bit near the end of AE.

Robot Pants

the training mode lag on pc is unbelievable.
did capcom not playtest this once?
It honestly doesn't sound like it.
What kinda irks me is the retail version of this game is really just the 15 dollar
Uograde unless you don't own super or AE. Payijg full price for the new characters and a promise of the trails and new modes in an uodate who knows when down the line. A very shitty business practice in my
Opinion. Plus the fact that the PC version really is pretty unplayable online, the reason most people are buying it, is ridiculous.

Fantasmo

It honestly doesn't sound like it.
What kinda irks me is the retail version of this game is really just the 15 dollar
Uograde unless you don't own super or AE. Payijg full price for the new characters and a promise of the trails and new modes in an uodate who knows when down the line. A very shitty business practice in my
Opinion. Plus the fact that the PC version really is pretty unplayable online, the reason most people are buying it, is ridiculous.
It will be fixed. SF4 is Capcom's meal ticket and they know it. WBacon also confirmed this straight from Capcom. Any other game I'd be worried but not this one.

When I played online on release day, shit was terribad.

Yesterday after work, not os bad. Not great but not unplayable.

Hopefully it keeps improving over time and, you know, Capcom fixes their shit.

Until they fix PC gonna slow down on playing this lag fest.. my last match literally froze for 7secs i thought the game was about to drop then it resumed..

Duress

Okay, I threw out a bunch of invites.

My tag should be [NeoGaf] Duress

My account is Cybaslasher.

Just a heads up, so you don't think I'm trying to trade hats or some shit

Okay, I threw out a bunch of invites.

My tag should be [NeoGaf] Duress

My account is Cybaslasher.

Just a heads up, so you don't think I'm trying to trade hats or some shit
Oh alright (no need to give out your account name, dude). I was wondering what the deal with that was. I recognize the name now though. :D

Momentary

Banned
I posted this in the Steam Thread, I figure I would probably find someone with a similar problem here.

In concern of USFIV, I just discovered that Diagonal Charge Ultras don't work on my Arcade stick in combos for some reason. They just don't register. When I plug it up to my 360 they work just fine. But when I get back on PC they don't work. Could there be something up with the USB port? Is this some kind of ghosting issue?

Edit: I've used 3 different arcade sticks. I want to say this is why I'm also having some issues with other characters as well.

TheAznOne

XBL endless anyone? I got about an hour to kill before I have to go. Will mostly play Hugo but might just go random instead.

GT: TheAznOne420

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Did they change how Youtube upload works? I remember having to watch the match then it would switch to an upload screen. Now after watching the rematch it replays it again at about 1/100th the speed. I didn't want to sit there and watch it like that as it would have taken 40 minutes at that pace if it were to go through the whole match.
Yeah, I'm trying this feature out on 360 and am a little confused. Is this the intended behavior?

EDIT: Okay, so I watched the replay, then it made me watch it again in super slow-motion, and then it gives me an upload status screen? Uhhh...

Does the upload function not work? PC here. I tried to upload a match 2 days ago. It shown it completed. But I can't find this video anywhere.

Sixfortyfive

I pre-ordered the disc version from Amazon. Was I supposed to receive a download code for the extra costumes in the package or via e-mail? (USA)

Yeah, I'm trying this feature out on 360 and am a little confused. Is this the intended behavior?

EDIT: Okay, so I watched the replay, then it made me watch it again in super slow-motion, and then it gives me an upload status screen? Uhhh...

Yep, that's how it works on the console versions. Unless you have mad patience, pick "Low quality" instead of high or it will take that much longer. I remember the last time I recorded on Xbox I tried high quality and I quit after 15-20 minutes because I wasn't even halfway done. On a modern day gaming PC it's super quick. You just watch your match again when it records then it proceeds straight to uploading right after. I guess it can record and transcode at the same time since they're so much more powerful.

Does the upload function not work? PC here. I tried to upload a match 2 days ago. It shown it completed. But I can't find this video anywhere.

It's been working for me, I only uploaded two videos but they both turned out fine. As for finding it, shouldn't it be in your youtube page? Go to "My Channel" and see if it's there, it should be. I recorded both at high quality as well. Not amazing looking but good enough. Far better than low quality that's for sure.

alstein

damn the PC version sounds horrid. I think I'll wait for now

It seems to be really inconsistent- with my friends I get great quality, with randoms it seems to be a mixed bag.

Most of my friends are heavy PC gamers who have optimized things and stable connections.

LowParry

It's been working for me, I only uploaded two videos but they both turned out fine. As for finding it, shouldn't it be in your youtube page? Go to "My Channel" and see if it's there, it should be. I recorded both at high quality as well. Not amazing looking but good enough. Far better than low quality that's for sure.

Agreed. Here's an example of the quality if anyone was curious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vo6kX6dGtiQ

damn the PC version sounds horrid. I think I'll wait for now

It is, i decided just now to practice in Arcade mode since all the endless i was spectating was LAG central, I quit after 3 matches even in offline the game fucking freezes, Capcom released a lemon..I wouldn't recommend it until it's fixed..

LowParry

We can't watch because it's still private. I deleted mines already because I didn't think they were worth watching. I just picked a couple random matches to test the youtube upload.

What the what? Private as in the upload itself or my channel?

Edit: Ah I see. Lemme check that.

Edit 2: Should be view able now.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
Imagine that the disc version of USF4 is somebody's first SF4 iteration and they see that the trials don't even apply to their game

DEFINITELY a good look right now

lol for real. vanilla established a standard that pretty much all fighting games adhere to at this point, and they cant even be bothered to keep it up with their re-releases.

Sixfortyfive

I haven't kept up with SF4 very closely in recent years, so someone confirm/deny if this is all of the costume DLC that has been released so far:

original SF4 characters - 3 alternates each
Super characters - 2 alternates each
Arcade Edition characters - 2 alternates each
Ultra characters - 2 alternates each (one unlocked via SFxTK save data, one obtained via pre-order code that I haven't received yet)

Fosh

Neo Member
First day was horrendous for me. Unplayable with neighbors. I was also getting a ton of lag in training mode.

I played today and it was only lagging a little bit (similar to my 360 version)

Training mode lag was gone also.

Ranked still wont be fun until its much better, though.

The Cowboy

Youtube upload is taking forever. Even at low quality it's taking forever. I'm going at around 200kbps. -_-
Frankly i think the upload service is useless (to the point that they shouldn't have even bothered with it), the way in which they have put it in the game requires to much work (its something that should be click and forget, not watch the match to record it and them wait while it uploads) and it takes far to long to even bother with if you want decent (high) quality.

stn

Capcom REALLY needs to change the people in charge of QA and the like. SFxT 2012 had its reputation tarnished because of DLC and crappy gems, and now USF4 is literally a beta test. I have never seen a fighting game riddled with more bugs than this, not to mention it still needs work in terms of balance changes. And I still have beef with DWU, I don't think it makes sense to hinder a character's options after he/she has gotten a knockdown. Goes against fighting game nature.

Capcom REALLY needs to change the people in charge of QA and the like. SFxT 2012 had its reputation tarnished because of DLC and crappy gems, and now USF4 is literally a beta test. I have never seen a fighting game riddled with more bugs than this, not to mention it still needs work in terms of balance changes. And I still have beef with DWU, I don't think it makes sense to hinder a character's options after he/she has gotten a knockdown. Goes against fighting game nature.
What? You still have a shitload of options and you still have to make your opponent guess. The victim is just no longer trapped in a loop of bullshit. I can't think of many fighting games that don't give you options when you're on the ground. SF4 was one of the few.

Top Bottom