• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

kirblar

I think I'll play tonight on PC. See what the fuss is so I can yell at Haunts.
If you go straight into a maxed-out endless lobby it apparently fixes the problem after a short amount of time.

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to play, PM me, I'm bored/free right now. (Kirblar on Steam)

thelastword

Banned
Got a 20+ winning streak on the Pc version but it had to take a hopping blanka to mess that up....:) hnnng..meddling kids...

The game needs work, at this point I'm not even sure which graphical settings to keep this on since it stutters, lags and slows down regardless.

LowParry

Got a 20+ winning streak on the Pc version but it had to take a hopping blanka to mess that up....:) hnnng..meddling kids...

The game needs work, at this point I'm not even sure which graphical settings to keep this on since it stutters, lags and slows down regardless.

What's your PC specs? Game runs perfect for me and I prefer Vsync for that smooth 60fps. All that's really to complain about is the lag.

Moaradin

Definitely getting more issues in ranked now that Ultra is out. Endless mode has been fine. The actual netcode when it's not bugged seems pretty good. I was fooling around with Online Training last night with a friend in Argentina and it was surprisingly playable.

synce

I don't recall anything shocking from the new characters, except maybe the thing with Decapre
removing Juri's eye
but obviously it's not shown

thelastword

Banned
What's your PC specs? Game runs perfect for me and I prefer Vsync for that smooth 60fps. All that's really to complain about is the lag.
My pc has not been upgraded in a while, but I do get an average of 70 fps at 720p with vsync off and framerate set at variable, with vsync on and framerate at variabIe I get 64fps average.

What I really want to test is what settings have the least input lag, it would seem from toggling the graphical settings, that disabling vsync and setting the framerate at variable feels the smoothest. I hit my links consistently and controller response feels best but the tearing can be a bit distracting sometimes, however, with the random bouts of slowdown even in offline, perhaps the other modes haven't gotten a fair test either.

Nabs

My pc has not been upgraded in a while, but I do get an average of 70 fps at 720p with vsync off and framerate set at variable, with vsync on and framerate at variabIe I get 64fps average.

What I really want to test is what settings have the least input lag, it would seem from toggling the graphical settings, that disabling vsync and setting the framerate at variable feels the smoothest. I hit my links consistently and controller response feels best but the tearing can be a bit distracting sometimes, however, with the random bouts of slowdown even in offline, perhaps the other modes haven't gotten a fair test either.

I think variable causes slowdown online.

LowParry

Man I don't know how people do it but the cr.MK into L.Hands is a pain in the ass. I could just hit confirm into EX Hands but goddamn.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
A lot of my old mods aren't working so I have to see which ones does or doesn't.

Yeah, this is what I read as well before going crazy with new skins. This is why I only changed music and used one skin mod for Gen that just put a dragon on his outfit without any added parts. There's a fix for the skins but it seemed a pain in the ass so I didn't bother. I'm more about changing menus though and small stuff like lifebars/hud.

BizzyBum

My Steam name is BizzyBum if anyone wants to add.

Tried a few ranked games and they were ass, though. When it works it's great but there's crazy lag spikes that ruin it. Did Capcom give a timetable on a fix for this?

LowParry

My Steam name is BizzyBum if anyone wants to add.

Tried a few ranked games and they were ass, though. When it works it's great but there's crazy lag spikes that ruin it. Did Capcom give a timetable on a fix for this?

Endless games are the better option right now. They've addressed that they know of the issue but no ETA on a fix yet.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Modded it the way I wanted it. :)

Stream is up. http://www.twitch.tv/kadey1up

If anybody wants to play in lobby let me know. I'm going to eat in the mean time though.

First four people I played were the most awful laggy games ever. This is worse than PSN even. Worse. Than. PSN.

hitsugi

I'll be back after I eat. Literally all the 5 - 6 people I played with so far were super laggy.

2-3 bar connections? I've experienced a few of the well-known freezing issues, but most of my games have been on par with 360; and leagues beyond PS3

mbpm1

Played more Decapre offline today. I really like her even tho my hands combos usually come out as EX hands now. Her mobility is real fun.

LowParry

I'll be back after I eat. Literally all the 5 - 6 people I played with so far were super laggy.

You doing ranked? I hear it's broken as hell. I've been playing some Endless matches with some friends from NY and our connections are perfect. A small delay but perfectly playable.

Top Bottom