• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Coda

Is anyone having problems running Ultra on PC? I've tried re-installing it with no avail and it started doing this before when I was just playing AE. It worked when I first installed the games for months and now just goes to a black screen when it starts to load and then just go back to my desktop.

I'm running on Windows 7
-I've tried running in a different compatibility mode and as an admin and the same error occurs.

I can't seem to figure out why it wont work all of a sudden. Is it a bad .dll file from the previous games on windows account or something?

mbpm1

Well uhh

I just started out with Dekappa so maybe I won't notice the difference.

Just kidding I tried DP into Ultra 2 the first time I went into the training room with her. Damn, this hurts her "no jumping allowed game" which she didn't really have unless you sat on charge. Why are they fucking up everyone's anti-airs now?

Capcom is straight up fumbling this whole update.

Messing shit up left and right. I think they will bounce back, but damn.. just finish shit before you release it.

What happened to the new trials? They just gonna not comment on that lol?

Bad to horrible new costumes

PC version is straight BOOTY

Nerfing characters that are mid-tier to worse

Glitches out the ass

and barely any comments about them. Wish they actually spoke more with the people instead of trying to keep everything in private. Give us more insight to whats happening and why it's happening. Give us updates on how long it'll take to fix all these bugs and what you're doing with the funky hitboxes and shit. Give us some insight ON WHAT THE FIGGIDY FUCK YALL WAS THINKING WITH DJ.

shit man

Messing shit up left and right. I think they will bounce back, but damn.. just finish shit before you release it.

Glitches out the ass

and barely any comments about them. Wish they actually spoke more with the people instead of trying to keep everything in private. Give us more insight to whats happening and why it's happening. Give us updates on how long it'll take to fix all these bugs and what you're doing with the funky hitboxes and shit. Give us some insight ON WHAT THE FIGGIDY FUCK YALL WAS THINKING WITH DJ.

shit man
Ultra really feels like a b-team effort. They should have put more money into it...

Has anyone been able to get ANY playable matches online tonight?
Yup, 5 of us had some great connections in a lobby.

Except Kak, due to his KappaWindStream netz but still wasn't too bad

RockTurdle and I had terrible connections yesterday, filled with lag spikes. Tonight was different story.

Marz

Glitches out the ass

shit man

Amen brotha preach.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Ultra really feels like a b-team effort. They should have put more money into it...

Considering how long it took them to implement 5 new characters and stages and do some character rebalancing, I honestly wonder if the whole thing wasn't done by three interns and a janitor on his lunch break. Every new character has something wrong with their hitboxes, and even though I liked most of the character changes, there were some ridiculously schizophrenic choices. Give character A better damage on move x so now its better and the character is good, but now that move x is better make move y worse so the character is arguably worse.

I also didn't think they'd botch the pc version so badly. I mean did they even try to install the fucking thing on more than 2 pc's? "hey bob you installed it right? yea yea no worries man it works i got to the title screen and everything, we good? we good. lets go home". *edit*. I think they probably spent their entire budget on the new costumes.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
So sf vets, how long does it usually takes capcom to fix their shit?

Alright PC players, this is driving me nuts. My PC keeps thinking my keyboard is the player one controller. How do I make it know that I want to use my arcade stick for player 1? It says it's player one on the Xbox logo, but it doesn't make a difference, apparently.

Alright PC players, this is driving me nuts. My PC keeps thinking my keyboard is the player one controller. How do I make it know that I want to use my arcade stick for player 1? It says it's player one on the Xbox logo, but it doesn't make a difference, apparently.
I... don't really know. Both the keyboard 1 and controller 1 inputs should both work for player 1 at the same time. You shouldn't need to change them.

What kinda behavior are you getting?

I... don't really know. Both the keyboard 1 and controller 1 inputs should both work for player 1 at the same time. You shouldn't need to change them.

What kinda behavior are you getting?

It's always showing PC prompts. I can go into arcade and chose a character, but when the fight starts, only the keyboard controls the character. When I press start on the stick, it says another player has joined the battle.

However, it works fine on the Versus mode (minus the button prompts still being for the keyboard.)

mbpm1

You mean projectiles? CHB-F LK works great.

Do you mean the slide? For some reason I read that as "counterhit-back fierce into light kick" lol.

Also, I believe the idea for Decapre in that situation is to walk forward and get into range with cr mk into light hands, cornering them with safe pressure and leaving them with no where to go. You gotta have hands down for that though.

CO_Andy

It's always showing PC prompts. I can go into arcade and chose a character, but when the fight starts, only the keyboard controls the character. When I press start on the stick, it says another player has joined the battle.
Try binding the start button on the stick to the enter key through a keypadder program (i use xpadder), then press start on the title screen. Always works for me whenever i want to be first player on my pad.

I got two friend request, illegalwiretap and Buttbutt. Are these two GAF'ers? Answer me if you see this. I ask because I'm not really interested in adding people that I run into randomly in ranked matches. But all GAF'ers are welcome.

I got two friend request, illegalwiretap and Buttbutt. Are these two GAF'ers? Answer me if you see this. I ask because I'm not really interested in adding people that I run into randomly in ranked matches. But all GAF'ers are welcome.
Illegalwiretap is for sure a member here. Bob something. He plays Hugo and decapre I believe. He has the Hugo avatar.

ButtButt is me :)

Anyone want to try some endless lobbies to see if the connection is better?

ajb1888

Banned
YES!! Finally broke the longest losing streak of my life (steam). Juri's my girl haha!! Just one* more match tonight, and I'm turning in..

Blood, sweat and tears.. at least I'm having fun haha...

Carlius

Banned
i really envy you all playing man. i am in argentina and nobody plays this here. its really sad, i used to be an rabid sf player while i lived in the US. now i lost all interest due to argentine people having no interest in video games. so sad.

s_mirage

However, it works fine on the Versus mode (minus the button prompts still being for the keyboard.)

I have a similar problem if my X52's plugged in. I can use my pad to select the character, and it even works in game, but if I ever press start I get the "Here Comes a New Challenger" message and it kicks me to the select screen, with player one being keyboard controlled.

alstein

i really envy you all playing man. i am in argentina and nobody plays this here. its really sad, i used to be an rabid sf player while i lived in the US. now i lost all interest due to argentine people having no interest in video games. so sad.

Fersis used to post here and he has an interest in SF- he even does some of the background stuff for iplaywinner.com

There are people in Argentina. Maybe check SRK as well?

Can you still plink the select button with jab on PC?

Yeah, it's simple. But I wonder what kind of lay out people use. I tried a couple methods but find it really awkward. Either I have to move all the buttons over to the right and get use to a new lay out which would take a pretty long time. Or somehow try to plink by hitting the two buttons on completely opposite sides of the lay out. And I found that extremely difficult. I loved the idea, but I guess it's just not for me.

Yeah, it's simple. But I wonder what kind of lay out people use. I tried a couple methods but find it really awkward. Either I have to move all the buttons over to the right and get use to a new lay out which would take a pretty long time. Or somehow try to plink by hitting the two buttons on completely opposite sides of the lay out. And I found that extremely difficult. I loved the idea, but I guess it's just not for me.

Same... I tried shifting all buttons over to the right by one, but I couldn't get used to it after playing for a week, so now I just put it at the top right and stretch my hands a bit. But sometimes I don't feel like it and just don't plink.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

Hey that's me! I'm not online consistently just cuz of wife & kids, but always like having GAF heads to play when I can.

Top Bottom