• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Wait, wait.... What ever happened to those things from SF4 vanilla where you would have to do all kinds of ridiculous things like fight invisible opponents and whatnot? Those things were a blast.

Wait you can grab it like you grab Rose out of soul spiral?

Fuck me.

Expect MUCH, MUCH harder because there's only 1 frame where dictator is vulnerable compare 13 frame of Rose's Soul Spiral.

yo can anyone help me!? im trying to turn on fuckin vsync on ultra for pc but on options it just automatically turns off. so i went to documents, then turned vsync on from notepad. still it just doesnt turn on. the game looks awful without it. sorry if this has been asked before.

In game vsync adds 3 frames of input lag aka unplayable. You have to turn vsync on in NVIDIA control panel if you want to remove screen tearing.

Sadly, vanilla sf4 was the only one that ever had them :( Loved those too.

Oh man. It was a great feature. I completely forgot about them until I was playing Ultra today and started taking a good look through the menus. Pity. It was a lot of fun facing opponents when you had all kinds of handicaps and special circumstances. Few things were as satisfying as getting an ultra combo finish on an invisible opponent. XD

Lazyslob

Banned
In game vsync adds 3 frames of input lag aka unplayable. You have to turn vsync on in NVIDIA control panel if you want to remove screen tearing.

im getting 60 fps with vsync on. is the input lag just inevitable? im playing just fine... feels the same as console... it's just that without vsync it just looks awful

im getting 60 fps with vsync on. is the input lag just inevitable? im playing just fine... feels the same as console... it's just that without vsync it just looks awful

Turn off vsync in the game graphic setting. Turn on vsync in your NVIDIA control panel. You'll get the same result without the input lag.

LowParry

Well for what it's worth, I got to beat Kadey like....3? 4 times? Something like that. While she whooped me a good 20+ times. Feels good. And she wasn't drunk apparently because that makes her play better. Ha!

ajb1888

Banned
No one playing team battles? Managed to join one earlier tonight and it was pretty fun!
Wish it was more than 3 vs 3 though. Big groups would be classic!

Onemic

....I got grabbed out of the middle of my EX mallet smash late in its animation

....All versions of mallet smash are airborne

...I got grabbed out of it

...fuck you capcom

Onemic

Hah, on PC?

First time its happened on PC. Its happened on PS3 twice as well. The first time it happened it was early in the animation so I chalked it up to maybe the move not being in its airborne frames. The second time it happened it was late in the animation so it was definitely in its airborne frames and I got grabbed. This time it was the same deal...

Myn

So what's everyone's verdict when it comes to private lobbies? My experience online is still really bad against randoms, but private lobbies feel more or less the same quality as gfwl.

alstein

So what's everyone's verdict when it comes to private lobbies? My experience online is still really bad against randoms, but private lobbies feel more or less the same quality as gfwl.

Private lobbies are the best- assuming you both aren't being stupid with voice chat.

The real issue is many randoms don't know that voice degrades netplay (or don't care), or are on wireless.

Myn

wanna play?

Yeah I can play a bit. Is your Steam name Onemic?

Private lobbies are the best- assuming you both aren't being stupid with voice chat.

The real issue is many randoms don't know that voice degrades netplay (or don't care), or are on wireless.

Ooooh, that's interesting. The majority of people I played with lag didn't have voice on though, or maybe they did but just muted their mics.

Is there any way to completely turn voice off? I just went into sound options and turned voice chat volume down all the way. Would be nice if I could completely disable mics...

alstein

Is there any way to completely turn voice off? I just went into sound options and turned voice chat volume down all the way. Would be nice if I could completely disable mics...

You can disable your own mic in options. That was added in the last PC patch.

As for your opponent, that's an option that needs to be added.

CryptiK

Was so excited to play this but now I can't because my Madcatz TE Round 1 doesnt work on my PC any more yay! so no Street Fighter for me what a waste of money.

Onemic

tested Elenas Mallet smash out in training mode....

the fucking move has specific frames during the time that it should be in its airborne frames in which the move is no longer in an airborne state....Allowing you to throw her out of it.

This would also help explain why the move loses to low attacks ALL the time, even though it should crush lows.

Capcom pls....

Capcom do better

Provided a vid to illustrate this bs

Elena's HP Mallet is supposed to be airborne frames 10-29. The setup im using for the video ensures that by the time the opponent wakes up HP mallet has already gone through 20 of its startup frames, so well into its airborne frames

why is Elena so bad ;_;

Kaleinc

Banned
Ex psycho crusher can also be regular thrown if anticipated. It makes much salt among bison players.
I cried a lake of pure salt after being thrown out of ex crusher by regular grabs, command and ultra grabs so many times.

Wait you can grab it like you grab Rose out of soul spiral?

Fuck me.
The timing is a bit stricter but the difference is ex crusher is a fckng airbourne move.
Akumas with U1 or super OS bison's ass all day.

So I've been trying out Juri... I have no idea what I'm doing.

Anyone else play her and have a few beginner tips? Usually play Rose so this is definitely different.

Wiseblade

Hatemail, oh how I've missed you!

ibrQ6XKOI2J7L.jpg

hitsugi

Was so excited to play this but now I can't because my Madcatz TE Round 1 doesnt work on my PC any more yay! so no Street Fighter for me what a waste of money.

There are a lot of threads about that issue. The work around is basically buying a compatible USB card ($7) because the stick isn't compatible with a lot of motherboards sporting NVIDIA chipsets.

Top Bottom