• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

cHaotix8

The point I'm getting at is that it goes both ways. You can't control how your opponent has their PC configured. There's no universal standard for how the game will run like on Xbox and PS3. The only thing you have to worry about on consoles is whether or not their connection is wired. On PC there's other factors to consider as well, which means your experience can generally be less consistent. I can't tell you how many green bar A ranked players I've fought that lagged randomly.

Windows update is the only thing I have auto update, everything else is manual and windows update every 2 weeks, Prior to the Lemon ULTRA port, PC version has always been king, and I don't have to pay to play on 360 and i got a better net experience for free.

Nah, if your computer decides to start running updates or a virus scan in the background your performance can suffer. That's definitely a thing that's happened to me in the past. Still a good platform but you have to keep your eye on things like that and you can't look out for your opponent

all things that are manageable or easily controlled. and even in the off chance that it does occur, it's no different than your internet connection suddenly going out without notice on console or the console freezing.

I feel you that it's a more "constant" experience and don't fault you for preferring the 360 versions (the netcode issue is annoying as fuck for sure on pc), but i'll take 2 second load screens, ability to multitask over that all day err day.

mbpm1

Playing online is pretty hit and miss. Unfortunately, lag seems to kick in the moment I find a good opponent. People who DP on wake up, 5 times out of 6 knockdowns get crystal connections.

cHaotix8

all things that are manageable or easily controlled. and even in the off chance that it does occur, it's no different than your internet connection suddenly going out without notice on console or the console freezing.

I feel you that it's a more "constant" experience and don't fault you for preferring the 360 versions (the netcode issue is annoying as fuck for sure on pc), but i'll take 2 second load screens, ability to multitask over that all day err day.

Fair enough!

I've been playing a lot of Ryu online recently and I swear I've gotten more hate mail with him than any of my other characters combined. What is it that makes people hate him so much?

Carlius

Banned
only issue ive had is crash when i alt tab, other than that, online has been on point and perfect for me. considering i live in argentina and i play with my friends in nyc, and its very very playable, i am content with my buy.

Coda

I think the costume pack for the new characters is the only one I want. The rest of them didn't really do anything for me.

I'm just gonna pick up Juri's and Poison's but that's just cause they're the two characters I'm playing right now. I'm surprised but happy that they gave Poison a pretty looking full leg tattoo.

I'm just gonna pick up Juri's and Poison's but that's just cause they're the two characters I'm playing right now. I'm surprised but happy that they gave Poison a pretty looking full leg tattoo.

You might as well start playing Adon, Ibuki, T Hawk, Cody, Decpare, Elena, Rolento, and Hugo while you're at it, since you'll have all their costumes as well. Don't want them to go to waste.

Fucking Capcom.

I'm trying to practice with Rose in the PC version, is anyone willing to try to play for a while? My id is SolarKnightR or if you're in the ScrubGAF group you can just look for Sol.

Village

Would anyone like to help me hugo

I currently do not have an hugo, I rent one. I would like to upgrade my skills so I can purchase and own a hugo.

Would anyone like to play against this hugo scrub.

I beez on the PC

its the same name, also I am on the scrub gaf

Yeah, the Poison costume is rad. And the new characters don't have much in the way of alternates yet. I'll just have this new pack and the pre-order DLC.

I still haven't received my code from amazon. Wtf.

Oh and I love when I get called a try hard. Like what the fuck is that supposed to mean? Should I let people just beat my ass?

And I'm really disappointed that I just had 3 people in a row join me with excellent connections and leave after 1 game.

Saikyo

What exploit was this?

If I remember well it was to unlock the SF x TK costumes on ultra.

Just make a set of folders and done, you unlocked it, even if you didnt had the game. Now not even who has the game cant get it now, only the ones who did before the patch.

Has the pricing been revealed, specifically for the complete pack with all the costumes?

What exploit was this?
You could make the folder structure/directory of where Street Fighter x Tekken kept it's saves (this is on PC, mind you) and you could get the alts for the Ultra characters that are given from having a SFxT save. Without having an actual save.
If I remember well it was to unlock the SF x TK costumes on ultra.

Just make a set of folders and done, you unlocked it, even if you didnt had the game. Now not even who has the game cant get it now, only the ones who did before the patch.
This I did not know.

So how is online training? Does it help improve you, or bring you down; because of the life bar recharge?

I think it helps to an extent. You get good practice against a character but more towards who ever you are playing imo. It is good to have uninhibited gameplay though, no need for rounds/loading ect. But the consequences of loosing are not there which is also a big part of make it or break it moments in gameplay, even in casual endless stuff.

I like it for warmups before casuals and getting used to new characters or tricks I wanna try out later in endless or ranked ect.

Top Bottom