• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Man, folks online really like Hugo. Thankfully, they're allllllll bad.
I trotted out my Hugo just so I could practice against real people. I know I'm ass with him :p

Deacpre is really fun to play. I'm ass with her, and charge characters in general, but still having fun.
Yeah, I get the feeling I'm missing something with her, but she's fun to play. Although I noticed I was still buffering charges when I switched back to Ryu....

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
For those on PC who wants the same title screen as in the OP.

DL this file and put it in the title folder as follows,

Go to my computer, your c drive, program files x86, stream, steamapps, common, SSFIV or Ultra folder, dlc, 04_ae2, ui, advertise and then finally the title folder. Copy and replace. And done.

For those on PC who wants the same title screen as in the OP.

DL this file and put it in the title folder as follows,

Go to my computer, your c drive, program files x86, stream, steamapps, common, SSFIV or Ultra folder, dlc, 04_ae2, ui, advertise and then finally the title folder. Copy and replace. And done.
I was googling around on how to do this, thanks!

Elena seems really different on this game. How am I supposed to play as her? On Third Strike I was used to doing the MP, EX Spin Scythe, EX Scratch Wheel combo, with variations of it using Rhino Horn etc., but on this EX Spin Scythe knocks the opponent far back so I can't follow up.
So, any Elena mains have any tips on how to use/adjust to USFIV Elena?

impact

Banned
Elena seems really different on this game. How am I supposed to play as her? On Third Strike I was used to doing the MP, EX Spin Scythe, EX Scratch Wheel combo, with variations of it using Rhino Horn etc., but on this EX Spin Scythe knocks the opponent far back so I can't follow up.

c.MP, light RH, EX SW for a 1 bar combo, works midscreen

Onemic

you main bnb will be c.lpx2, c.mp xx mk scythe

EX scythe is only good in the corner for linking into U1

She plays nothing like her 3S self

Finally picked up my copy yesterday and immediately hit training today.

The amount of rust I have is astounding. Can't even get my timings right. :(

hitsugi

Ranked on PC already feels like a grind.. I've hardly played but steamrolling people isn't making me want to keep going

Cowie

Really?? I hardly ever see the big man. Hugo mirrors still break my brain a little. So much savagery.

I've been fighting tons on XBL recently -- he might be my second most common match after evil ryu.

I trotted out my Hugo just so I could practice against real people. I know I'm ass with him :p

I don't know if I actually played you? Was just goofing around on ranked. Heh, sorry if I dismissively lumped you in with a large group though. Nothing wrong with practice, god knows I need it.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Is there anything more humiliating in usf IV than being pooped out by Hakan?

74A8B9692D06D87A38FAC144228F0D7D4EC92671

kcxiv

Ok, now i can say that the lag online is completely out of control. So much, that if its not fixed i just wasted 15 bucks for the upgrade! terrible, hopefully they fix it soon.

mbpm1

It feels weird to fight someone, lose a round, and then come back and beat him 2 rounds easily without even thinking about what you did to change. Autopilot downloading? Wish I could see the match again.

kcxiv

It feels weird to fight someone, lose a round, and then come back and beat him 2 rounds easily without even thinking about what you did to change. Autopilot downloading? Wish I could see the match again.
you can, Ultra saves like the last 10 matches. go into the replay system and watch it again.

Ok I've been playing since about 10am and I am wrapping up my day of Juri, decide to get some PP back by picking Rose... then for a laugh I play Elena...

Since I joined the match I could not pick the stage.

Now...

I'm not saying its racist... but deliberately picking the Inland Jungle stage felt kinda racist haha. I dunno how I felt.

Gambit61

tested Elenas Mallet smash out in training mode....

why is Elena so bad ;_;

Wow this explains a lot. I've had everything you pointed out happen to me several times when I played her. I'm waiting for Capcom to fix everything before I go back to playing Ultra.

I also joined. I would be interested in playing some private games. I'm good according to scrubs and garbage according to online warriors. 3-4k range

Didn't a few of your videos get uploaded to Yoga Flame's youtube channel? If you're the same guy then you're upper echelon by default

Even if you got bodied in them

Decided to roll with my girl Juri and jumped online (PS3) after training for a few hours. Still showing rust and panciking when I shouldn't but it hasn't been too bad so far.

Hugo is scary to play against though.

VashTS

Didn't a few of your videos get uploaded to Yoga Flame's youtube channel? If you're the same guy then you're upper echelon by default

Even if you got bodied in them

The only videos uploaded of me are ones where I am bodied. It's because I'm soo ass.

People love to hate and I get enjoyment out of it.

The only videos uploaded of me are ones where I am bodied. It's because I'm soo ass.

People love to hate and I get enjoyment out of it.

Did you think I was hating? That was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Really?? I hardly ever see the big man. Hugo mirrors still break my brain a little. So much savagery.

Personally I think I run into more Hugo's than any other character across all 3 versions. And I mean that individually as well, people love Hugo. I can't stand him though because he forces me into a play style that I'm not use to and I hate how he shakes the screen. Sometimes when I go for my links I lose sight of my character because all I see is him and he shakes the screen as he gets hit.

Marz

Did you think I was hating? That was meant to be tongue in cheek.

Personally I think I run into more Hugo's than any other character across all 3 versions. And I mean that individually as well, people love Hugo. I can't stand him though because he forces me into a play style that I'm not use to and I hate how he shakes the screen. Sometimes when I go for my links I lose sight of my character because all I see is him and he shakes the screen as he gets hit.

Just stand there and fake fireballs and anti air against the crappy Hugos.

Against the good ones you can press a lot more buttons and throw fireballs since they're not going to jump as much.

Shotos destroy Hugo pretty bad IMO.

Meh3D

Are the SF4 games consistent on all platforms? (Frame rate, response time, etc..)

Which do you guys consider the better version? (PS3-XBOX-PC)

Personally I despise the xbox controller. I have a wired BF4 controller for the PS3 that I like however even though it's wired I sware I perceive a "wireless" lag. It didn't feel as responsive as I thought it would playing Mega Man 9 and 10 on the PS3.

I'm considering a Joystick in the future. It feels like the PC version should be flawless but then again drivers and compatibility may affect that. Though I hear the XBOX joystick also works on the PC for this.

Robot Pants

360 is best version. PC on GFWL was until it was all but abandoned. But the competition on PC was severely lacking compared to 360. 360 is the way to go.

cHaotix8

360 is the best version overall. PC is good but you've got a ton of stuff running in the background that can lead to random stuttering on either player's side.

LowParry

I really hope that Capcom can get to the bottom of the PC netcode. A good chunk of the reason I dumped my Xbox was because of how good the GFWL netcode was...

The games I play with friends out east and Kadey last night were damn good. Most of my bad experience with online with PC have been with ranked matches. But the endless lobbies I've joined or created have worked great. So I don't know what causes the bad lag between other players.

cHaotix8

this is false!

Nah, if your computer decides to start running updates or a virus scan in the background your performance can suffer. That's definitely a thing that's happened to me in the past. Still a good platform but you have to keep your eye on things like that and you can't look out for your opponent

The games I play with friends out east and Kadey last night were damn good. Most of my bad experience with online with PC have been with ranked matches. But the endless lobbies I've joined or created have worked great. So I don't know what causes the bad lag between other players.
Endless has been fantastic and about where it was on GFWL. It's ranked that kinda sucks.

Uraizen

Banned
Some anti-virus programs scan executables as they're running and sometimes it can cause performance issues in games. I would know because it caused wheelman to stutter and I had to turn that crap off.

Top Bottom