• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
I just added you. I'm playing now, but dinner may be served in the next 30 or so. I play Blanka pretty much exclusively. Yay for you!

when I make a room with a private slot for you it doesn't do anything when I press "invite player" or whatever. You should make a room and invite me.

Anyone want to help me improve/kick my ass with some endless battle? I'm still very much a newbie, but it'd be good to play someone other than my gf who constantly beats me at Ultra.
I already have you added, and I'll be up for some games if you are.

i want to play someone on PC. Timedog NeoGAF is my handle.
I'll add you, and even play you some if you're still playing.
Anybody want to play? I'm the worst on GAF.
I'll fight you for that title!

K.Sabot

I'm willing to take anyone into Online training and at least part with what I know about the game.

Online Training's the shit and PC's shitty netcode made me realize this.

Uzzy

So I really need to spend some time getting to the beginner level, I think. Maybe another fifty hours and I'll be there!

Thanks for the games defsoldout. I'll join you next time MZC.

DunpealD

So I really need to spend some time getting to the beginner level, I think. Maybe another fifty hours and I'll be there!

Thanks for the games defsoldout. I'll join you next time MZC.

You should take K.Sabots(or others) offer and get some advice. Having someone giving pointers will help more than just getting a beat down for 50 hours.

Or if you're a complete beginner without much knowledge you can join Scrubgaf(and maybe some people who can bring beginners up to snuff). I also put some beginners resources there in the discussions part.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
How do I invite someone after making an endless match with private slot? clicking the invite button does nothing.

cwistofu

coming back to this game after a year long hiatus. is it just me or is cammy's dive kick out of hooligan really hard to time? and am i correct in finding that ex dive kick cannot be done out of any form or hooligan? thanks!

Myn

works in other games. i dont see a setting in the settings menu for this game.

Right click on SF4 in your Library menu in the Steam client, go to Properties and see if the Steam overlay checkbox is checked on or off, if that's what you meant then it could be a bug. There were times Steam overlay didn't work for me either and it usually did that if I alt-tabbed while in an online lobby.

remz

I don't think it's that the steam version is broken so much that people are playing ranked with fucked up connections./ bad computers.

endless is probably fine because morons only play ranked

alstein

I don't think it's that the steam version is broken so much that people are playing ranked with fucked up connections./ bad computers.

endless is probably fine because morons only play ranked

Plenty of moron micspammers in endless as well.

Wiseblade

Ran into the Fuerte mirror yesterday, guy messaged me saying I was the inspiration for him to pick up the character. Sometimes I get nice messages too!

My first ever online match in SF4 just happened to be a Zangief mirror
My first ever online match in SSF4 just happened to be a Adon mirror
My first ever online match in AE just happened to be a Yun mirror
My first ever online match in USF4 bucked the trend; Abel vs Ryu :biblethump:

speaking of micspam, I've had people's mics coming through even though I have mic volume all the way down in the options. It's weird.

I think the mic volume in the options refers to your own mic and not others. One of my friends kept hearing an echo from me even though I don't have a mic and when I turned that down he stopped hearing it.

I play Endless mostly since I just like the relaxed nature rather than "I NEED MY BP"!

Haha, yeah the Zangief new costume colors are great. Fitting for my scrubby playstyle with him,

GG's though man, didn't know you were from the UK. The connection wasn't as bad as you would think at least.

Yeah definitely. I could tell certain combos where supposed to come out so it wasn't the ideal connection but still had some level of enjoyment. :)

hypernima

Banned
all t hawk players are really scrubby.
like, at least zangief takes skill but i've only met one t hawk player that isnt a total scrub

Onemic

all t hawk players are really scrubby.
like, at least zangief takes skill but i've only met one t hawk player that isnt a total scrub

Other than beef, I cant disagree with this

...doesnt help that every character I play has a 4-6 or worse matchup to Hawk.

hypernima

Banned
I can't wait for the Professor to come and school you.

Beef is that one hawk player, he beat me when I didn't know the match up though and I would be MORE then happy to play him again so I can master the matchup.

Most Hawks freely condor dive, because they can because some characters don't have adequate reversals (Poison needs meter to reversal a blocked Dive)

Banishing flat isn't the type of move that has many options after it like Condor Spire.
Whiffing a Condor Spire is great, because one, you can't be punished because of threat of SPD, two, if someone expects your SPD and jumps they can be punished with Tomahawk Buster and if they have meter Ex Condor Dive. It's kind of like a non vortex/vortex if you dont have anything close to a DP.

Because he has so much life Hawk is basically encouraged to do reckless shit for free, because he has high life and high damage moves which can turn a match around in seconds. Regardless if anyone is really superbly good with Hawk you are forced to respect them, unlike Zangief.

What are they doing? And are you losing the matchup? Cody vs Hawk is a matchup I enjoy as either character.

Yes, me too, on Cody I have no real probs in this match up, but it gets trick with dive pressure, unless you time MK RK good

I tend to get recked agains't Cody players, their kicks just seem to make it impossible for me to get in on them, any tips?

You gotta be pretty patient, I think Cody has an advantage, especially a patient Cody. One thing is though his backdash is atrocious, whenever you catch them doing that. That's time to strike.
Never Condor Dive a decent Cody.

Top Bottom