• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

all t hawk players are really scrubby.
like, at least zangief takes skill but i've only met one t hawk player that isnt a total scrub
Damn. I know gief's a fast grappler but Hawk :( As much as I played gief in SF2, can't play worth of beans with him in IV. Sucks because I rather be using Gief than Hawk.

I tend to get recked agains't Cody players, their kicks just seem to make it impossible for me to get in on them, any tips?
Like Hypernima said, you have to have a lot of patience. It's part of what I like playing as Hawk in the matchup. You need a lot of patience but once you knock his ass down, it's on.

Well spaced condor spires are crucial to get around his kicks, but at least they are MUCH better in ultra. You just really have to be able to play footsies with him. It's one of the few matchups that I actually avoid using st.hk though. St.mp and cr.mk are musts though.

cHaotix8

Thawk is a pretty scrubby character. He has really good footsie tools but most players just forgo that and go for sweet times anti air guess fests with condor dive. It's not nearly as annoying to deal with offline as it is online though.

Village

Thawk is a pretty scrubby character. He has really good footsie tools but most players just forgo that and go for sweet times anti air guess fests with condor dive. It's not nearly as annoying to deal with offline as it is online though.

I do well agaist him with Rog and Hugo

I learned that hugo can do that backbreaker even if your ass is like 2 inches of the ground.

I was hype grabbing T hawk out of everything.

Onemic

I generally hate playing grapplers period online. Even though gief isnt as annoying, theres the fair share of scrubby users that take every advantage online lag gives them and just mash spd in between any unsafe thing they do and hope you mess up the punish timing due to the lag. PSN grapplers are the worst for this.

ShinAmano

Quick question...does the 360 disc version have everything on the disc or is it a code? I already have the digital but kind of want the disc since it has the DLC...?

Trickster

Don't believe you can combo into any command grab outside of focus. Ex green hand --> rfc --> command grab is the only thing I've seen.

Okay, that makes sense based on my own experience with Gief, was just unsure since I have been playing with someone else who kept doing greenhand into command grab. Guess that only happened because he didn't get punished for doing it

Myn

Okay, that makes sense based on my own experience with Gief, was just unsure since I have been playing with someone else who kept doing greenhand into command grab. Guess that only happened because he didn't get punished for doing it

Yeah, that doesn't combo. Blow up your friend by holding up after the green hand so you'll neutral jump and blow up his whiffed grab.

Duress

I really wish people would stop twiddling their thumbs and pick a character. I have to wait like 20 seconds, before they pick someone.

Nyoro SF

I really wish people would stop twiddling their thumbs and pick a character. I have to wait like 20 seconds, before they pick someone.

In newer fighting games you pick your character and color before you go into online versus modes. Pretty nice, then you only have to pick a stage once you're paired up.

gutabo

Let's say I have a shot at borrowing a console + buying the game, are most of you playing on ps3 or in 360s? Or is it PC?

Coda

Let's say I have a shot at borrowing a console + buying the game, are most of you playing on ps3 or in 360s? Or is it PC?

It's pretty much known that the 360 has more accurate frame representation. I tried playing the PS3 version and had a hard getting my combos down because everything is off by a frame.

gutabo

It's pretty much known that the 360 has more accurate frame representation. I tried playing the PS3 version and had a hard getting my combos down because everything is off by a frame.

Thanks, I'm well aware of the PS3 issues in capcom games, I was asking about which console had the most active players here. I don't really mind about the one more frame because online isn't perfect and I'll have a hard time anyway with combos. I would rather have lots of opponents with bad connections than good online with a couple players.

Onemic

Thanks, I'm well aware of the PS3 issues in capcom games, I was asking about which console had the most active players here. I don't really mind about the one more frame because online isn't perfect and I'll have a hard time anyway with combos. I would rather have lots of opponents with bad connections than good online with a couple players.

overall there are more players on PS3 than 360

Myn

Haha, this happens to me but irl when I'm running sets with one of my friends who checks his phone and texts every time a single match is over. He's the homie and all but he seriously cannot put his phone down at the rematch screen and it irks the shit out of me when I have to wait half a minute sometimes before we can resume playing.

CO_Andy

Am i reading this right? Did Capcom block everyone from using the SFxT costumes on Steam because of an exploit?

Nobody's going to pony up $30 to get those Cap, and nobody's going to keep that game installed on their harddisk either :p

Anyone up for some games on steam? ID: Doctor Grakl

I believe we played 3 times yesterday, you were the Honda right? Nice reaction Ultra to my fireballs. I forget about that because Honda players that I run into almost never try to punish my fireballs with Ultra. GG if that was you.

alstein

I do well agaist him with Rog and Hugo

I learned that hugo can do that backbreaker even if your ass is like 2 inches of the ground.

I was hype grabbing T hawk out of everything.

Most Hawks stay on the ground vs Hugo and play the ground game.

Am i reading this right? Did Capcom block everyone from using the SFxT costumes on Steam because of an exploit?

Nobody's going to pony up $30 to get those Cap, and nobody's going to keep that game installed on their harddisk either :p

If you used the exploit or had a save file and used it before they don't take the costumes away from you.

As for Honda's , it's easier for Honda to super FBs than it is to Ultra, Honda's ultras are such ass and it's wrong.

Trickster

I have a question for anyone with experience in modding Street Fighter 4 on pc.

I just downloaded a skin mod for Poison. And apperently the alternate costume that it affects is alternate 1. The problem with that, is that I don't have an alt 1 costume for the ultra characters, on account of me now having bought SFxT.

I'm wondering if there's any way to fix this without having to buy SFxT in order to unlock the alt 1 costumes?

Grakl

I believe we played 3 times yesterday, you were the Honda right? Nice reaction Ultra to my fireballs. I forget about that because Honda players that I run into almost never try to punish my fireballs with Ultra. GG if that was you.
Yeah, that's my Honda lol -- it's really funny to play him online. I pretty much just butt slam a ton, but yeah, people always forget about the ultra. GGs

Village

There is this cammy color in the dlc that got me playing cammy.

Most Hawks stay on the ground vs Hugo and play the ground game.

The a lot of the Thawks I played were not aware but hugo was happening to their lives.

I just downloaded a skin mod for Poison. And apperently the alternate costume that it affects is alternate 1. The problem with that, is that I don't have an alt 1 costume for the ultra characters, on account of me now having bought SFxT.

I'm wondering if there's any way to fix this without having to buy SFxT in order to unlock the alt 1 costumes?

Wait wait.

Describe to me the mod

Does it change the model, or is it just a recolring mod?

If its a model change, like an outfit or something, it most likely can be put over another costume. if its a recoloring mod, its not much you can do with it with out the costume the colors are for.

Open the mod zip file, there should be a bunch of files starting with "PSN_02" (alt costume 1)

Rename those files to start with "PSN_01"

Copy and paste those files into \STEAM\SteamApps\common\Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition\patch_ae2_tu1\battle\chara\PSN

This is non destructive and the best way to add mods to your game. Any files put into the "patch_" folders do no overwrite anything physically, they just get priority when the game is loaded up. If you want to remove the mod just delete the files in the PSN folder.

edit: I use http://www.fastfilerenamer.com/ for bulk renaming files.

colinp

Banned
Is there any PC mod that just gets rid of the UI in fights entirely? Would love to play the computer without seeing anything but two fighters and a crazy background.

Trickster

Open the mod zip file, there should be a bunch of files starting with "PSN_02" (alt costume 1)

Rename those files to start with "PSN_01"

Copy and paste those files into \STEAM\SteamApps\common\Super Street Fighter IV - Arcade Edition\patch_ae2_tu1\battle\chara\PSN

This is non destructive and the best way to add mods to your game. Any files put into the "patch_" folders do no overwrite anything physically, they just get priority when the game is loaded up. If you want to remove the mod just delete the files in the PSN folder.

edit: I use http://www.fastfilerenamer.com/ for bulk renaming files.

That did it, thanks :)

@ Village
It was a model change, not just recolouring :)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
You have to be careful on what mods to convert to what slot. Certain mods are only made for certain costumes so if you change it to another slot it will crash your game. That's why some mods are listed for certain costumes.

Top Bottom