• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

my evil ryu dawg

my evil ryu

man I shoulda uploaded my eryu replay of me playing my friend with my eyes closed, nothin stops this hurt train

my eryu dawg.

trying to learn Guy right now. Dude feels ass backwards compared to the other characters. I need an Ultra tutorial.

Onemic

You're getting crazy.

Ive never gotten anything as bad on PSN that I have on PC. The constant lag spikes I have with people, even those that live close to me is something Ive never had to deal with on PSN. When steamworks is good it's much better than PSN, but those times pale in comparison to when it's bad, and when its bad it's worse than PSN

hitsugi

lol thats the same player I was watching on Yogaflame last night. thanks for the link

There's really no one else to watch since Otaku (伝説のオタク) vanished (again). He's also very safe by comparison to every other Guy player. If you can find some of Otaku's videos, even the AE stuff, it's still fairly valid play by today's standards aside from the giant nerf Guy got to his c.MP.

Grakl

Ive never gotten anything as bad on PSN that I have on PC. The constant lag spikes I have with people, even those that live close to me is something Ive never had to deal with on PSN. When steamworks is good it's much better than PSN, but those times pale in comparison to when it's bad, and when its bad it's worse than PSN
I've never had a connection on Ultra PC be worse than PSN. Sucks.

What makes him good is the fact that he has access to the shoto moveset with all of the tools that come with it and insane damage output at any point in the match.

DWU hurt his offense, but it helps him in most of his bad matchups on defense. Since vortex is not as powerful in this version its becomeing more of a footsie based game and if he has 2 bars Evil Ryu is very scary in the mid range.

So you have a character that's scary in the long,mid, and close range and is hard to approach.

Usually characters that can get that kind of damage off of pokes don't have uppercut/fireball to go along with it. Just the combined fact that he has cr.mk plus a long range footsie tool and a godlike anti air makes him a powerhouse.

Top it off he even has a mixup game with a dive kick, tatsu, low crusher, kara throw....you name it he's got it.

Not sure if his anti-air is godlike, but he has a lot of tools, and better range on his pokes compared to Akuma, who has more tools normally. But he and Ryu aren't the same character, so all the lame talk about "There's no reason to use Ryu now" is just ignorant of both characters' strengths and attributes.

kiaaa

Not sure if his anti-air is godlike, but he has a lot of tools, and better range on his pokes compared to Akuma, who has more tools normally. But he and Ryu aren't the same character, so all the lame talk about "There's no reason to use Ryu now" is just ignorant of both characters' strengths and attributes.

I actually think E. Ryu's got pretty weak anti-air options. DP is really good, but it trades more often than I'd like it to. fs. HK is also good, but it only works at a certain range and it's slow. cr. HP is only really good if someone's jumping over you like a retard.

Marz

He has an invincible shoryuken which is about as good as it gets for anti airs in this game.

His Ultra 2 can also be used as an anti air and that does 500 damage.

Then he has 3 solid anti air normals.

So yeah pretty godlike in the anti air department.

Ryus strengths and attributes over Evil Ryu:

Better fireball/ex.

Slightly more health.

Better super.

Trade uppercut Ultra 1

He's not evil.

......That's about it.

Marz

I actually think E. Ryu's got pretty weak anti-air options. DP is really good, but it trades more often than I'd like it to. fs. HK is also good, but it only works at a certain range and it's slow. cr. HP is only really good if someone's jumping over you like a retard.

You should use the mp version since it has more invincibility and you need to do it really deep, almost at the last possible second so you get both hits of the uppercut and all of the invincibility and you will rarely trade with anything.

kiaaa

You should use the mp version since it has more invincibility and you need to do it really deep, almost at the last possible second so you get both hits of the uppercut and all of the invincibility and you will rarely trade with anything.

I do use the MP when I need to, but it's only 1 extra frame and hitting deep SRKs can be risky online.

I shouldn't have said weak anti-air options, though. I just think his anti-airs are overrated.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Says the person who got destroyed nearly 10 games won a couple and left before the match was even over.

Don't bother to talking to me, acknowledging me because that's exactly what I'm going to do to you.

hitsugi

Says the person who got destroyed nearly 10 games won a couple and left before the match was even over.

Don't bother to talking to me, acknowledging me because that's exactly what I'm going to do to you.

Again - it's o-k to bounce after a loss, but after a win = tantrum? That's just an unheard of low for me. Sorry for mistaking you.

colinp

Banned
How come FGC threads always turn awkward? First the weekly and now here... Haha, this is a pretty strange community. I dunno why everyone feels they have so much to prove.

Myn

can someone pm me how to unlock pc ultra's sfxt costumes

I read somewhere (this thread maybe?) that if you manage to re-install the first version of Ultra before any additional patches were added you can create a blank folder directory in C:\Users(YourUserName)\Documents\CAPCOM\SFTK\savedata\ and it will register.

Anyone want to play a few?

http://steamcommunity.com/id/RapidCancel

I'm not that good.

I added you, I'm down to play some games after I finish eating, should take about 5-10 mins.

Grakl

How come FGC threads always turn awkward? First the weekly and now here... Haha, this is a pretty strange community. I dunno why everyone feels they have so much to prove.
People are weird and take things too seriously. It happens I suppose, lol.

colinp

Banned
Holy shit, remind me never to play with Kadey.

Actually making me consider not picking up this game at all, if everyone is like this.

I know it, but honestly and truly not everyone is like this! Or like the FGW thread, either!

I got into USF4 last month and have been having a fantastic time. There are gross blowups and a lot of strange 'arguments' and/or dick wagging, but there is a supportive and friendly community, too.

The majority of the time it isn't like this I think. But there are some habitual offenders.

Also I'm playing on PC and everyone has been cool on Steam. Nobody sends death threats or angry notices. Have even been supported by a GAFer or two. But I'm wondering of its best to ignore the community on GAF and just kinda pay attention to the greater currents as opposed to the minutiae.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I know it, but honestly and truly not everyone is like this! Or like the FGW thread, either!

I got into USF4 last month and have been having a fantastic time. There are gross blowups and a lot of strange 'arguments' and/or dick wagging, but there is a supportive and friendly community, too.

The majority of the time it isn't like this I think. But there are some habitual offenders.

Also I'm playing on PC and everyone has been cool on Steam. Nobody sends death threats or angry notices. Have even been supported by a GAFer or two. But I'm wondering of its best to ignore the community on GAF and just kinda pay attention to the greater currents as opposed to the minutiae.

Wrong. Most stream monsters are like this Whatever "this" is.

I'm actually flattered somebody is not going to buy a game based on me. LOL. Goes to show me somebody who I never talked to or done anything with cares enough to make some decision based on me and the thing is he has no idea what the situation is.

Fact of the matter is. I don't like people quitting before the match is actually over. I don't care if I'm winning or losing. But and I say but, it looks even more awkward when I'm winning dozens of games beforehand and this person decides to leave after winning one or two games before the last match was over. If he left after the match was actually over instead of getting the last hit and leaving then I wouldn't be bothered.

I'm not the only person to ever hate on someone doing this. Lots of good to great players hate it when people do it too. Nothing new. So go ahead and not buy the game because of me. Like I really care.

Wrong. Most stream monsters are like this Whatever "this" is.

I'm actually flattered somebody is not going to buy a game based on me. LOL. Goes to show me somebody who I never talked to or done anything with cares enough to make some decision based on me and the thing is he has no idea what the situation is.

Fact of the matter is. I don't like people quitting before the match is actually over. I don't care if I'm winning or losing. But and I say but, it looks even more awkward when I'm winning dozens of games beforehand and this person decides to leave after winning one or two games before the last match was over. If he left after the match was actually over instead of getting the last hit and leaving then I wouldn't be bothered.

I'm not the only person to ever hate on someone doing this. Lots of good to great players hate it when people do it too. Nothing new. So go ahead and not buy the game because of me. Like I really care.

Or, you know, he actually had an appointment he had to make and was informed of mid-match, like he said had actually happened. You don't need to make up fantasy scenarios when he has told you what happened up front. Nor should you even care so much that you call him out on it publicly. It's absolutely disgusting, and given you seem to be a role model of sorts, it makes the entire community look bad.

If I pick up a game, I'm in it to play games, not be a part of someone's dramatic tirade.

colinp

Banned
Haha, if stream monsters and 'great players' justify your attitude than more power to you Kadey!

I guess it isn't how casual players like me act, that's all.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Or, you know, he actually had an appointment he had to make and was informed of mid-match, like he said had actually happened. You don't need to make up fantasy scenarios when he has told you what happened up front. Nor should you even care so much that you call him out on it publicly. It's absolutely disgusting, and given you seem to be a role model of sorts, it makes the entire community look bad.

If I pick up a game, I'm in it to play games, not be a part of someone's dramatic tirade.

Appointment and then commented not much longer after seeing my "one" comment? Keep speaking for him when you have no idea what's going on.

I said my peace. I don't know why people are bringing it up. Pming me and constantly harassing me about it again in this thread isn't going to change anything.

I'm not a role model. Nor do I claim to be. But I've done my fair share for SF GAF. \

Haha, if stream monsters and 'great players' justify your attitude than more power to you Kadey!

I guess it isn't how casual players like me act, that's all.

No. It doesn't justify anything. But you have a lot to learn if you think this isn't a common thing amongst players, usually online players. Might want to hang out in stream chats a bit more to get an idea.
I'm a casual as well. I don't play competitive nor do I play as seriously as you think I do. Most of the time when I'm playing I'm multitasking several other things.

hitsugi

Appointment and then commented not much longer after seeing my "one" comment? Keep speaking for him when you have no idea what's going on.

No one needs to speak for me. What's going on is pretty obvious, Kadey. Was I on steam after that? Wait, I wasn't.. and you'd know, since you apparently went ahead and de-friended/blocked me afterward. I sent ONE message saying there must be some kind of misunderstanding for the blow up (which you took full credit for) and that was it..

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
cmon dude, really?

Sounds like he just wants an excuse not to buy the game.

We've played a ton of games. Have I ever thrown a tantrum? LOL.

what da heo is going in here

So I beaten up on Hitsu and a few people last night and Hitsu decides to "player has left the session" before the match was over after wining two games and I basically told him F U since I don't like that. Now he's sending me messages and saying stuff in this thread. I've been over it but yet people are still bringing it up saying I'm "throwing a tantrum" when I''ve been chilling since. So I have no idea what these guys are bringing up saying I'm going on some tirade.

Holy shit, remind me never to play with Kadey.

Actually making me consider not picking up this game at all, if everyone is like this.

i'm confused, being like what?

no shame in losing to kadey brah. in fact, some of the best people in fgc have lost to kadey.

using GUY. DA BESS

hitsugi

i'm confused, being like what?

no shame in losing to kadey brah. in fact, some of the best people in fgc have lost to kadey.

using GUY. DA BESS

Guy really is the best. Topic for the next couple of pages should be why Cody's story is so absurd and Guy gets no credit.

Sounds like he just wants an excuse not to buy the game.
If you're going to say I shouldn't talk for other people, then maybe you shouldn't talk for me either.

So I beaten up on Hitsu and a few people last night and Hitsu decides to "player has left the session" before the match was over after wining two games and I basically told him F U since I don't like that. Now he's sending me messages and saying stuff in this thread. I've been over it but yet people are still bringing it up saying I'm "throwing a tantrum" when I''ve been chilling since. So I have no idea what these guys are bringing up saying I'm going on some tirade.

And you leave the part out that he said he had to take care of something IRL unexpectedly. Again. It happens, and I have no idea why you insist on it being related to him winning or losing against you. Hell, it could have even been a simple Internet connection issue (which also happens). I'm not new to online gaming but I've never seen this level of distrust, drama, and disrepect for no goddamn reason in any game before and I honestly want no part of it if this is some kind of norm.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
If you're going to say I shouldn't talk for other people, then maybe you shouldn't talk for me either.

And you leave the part out that he said he had to take care of something IRL unexpectedly. Again. It happens, and I have no idea why you insist on it being related to him winning or losing against you. Hell, it could have even been a simple Internet connection issue (which also happens). I'm not new to online gaming but I've never seen this level of distrust and drama for no goddamn reason in any game before and I honestly want no part of it if this is some kind of norm.

Yeah. Where is this dramatic tirade I'm going on? You're speaking for me now. I've told the guy I want nothing to do with him anymore and ignored him completely and that's before getting messages and posts in this thread; yet I'm going on a dramatic tirade?

And I like how you are basing your decision on buying the game all on this when it's an isolated incident and has nothing to do with you.

colinp

Banned
You think not wanting to talk to him ever again is not a dramatic tirade? Because he quit the game because of another commitment..?

This is a lost cause.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Just end it. Geez. I'm over it.

I don't want to play games with him anymore.Get over it. I don't care. Put me on ignore. Jesus Christ.

Yeah. Where is this dramatic tirade I'm going on? You're speaking for me now. I've told the guy I want nothing to do with him anymore and ignored him completely and that's before getting messages and posts in this thread; yet I'm going on a dramatic tirade?

And I like how you are basing your decision on buying the game all on this when it's an isolated incident and has nothing to do with you.

So it's perfectly normal to block someone despite having what seems to me as a reasonable explanation for what happened?

And why would I not base my decision of whether or not I purchase a game to play online with by the type of people I'm likely to meet?

Top Bottom