• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

So it's perfectly normal to block someone despite having what seems to me as a reasonable explanation for what happened?

And why would I not base my decision of whether or not I purchase a game to play online with by the type of people I'm likely to meet?

you had one bad experience and are ready to write off the game doe?

colinp

Banned
you had one bad experience and are ready to write off the game doe?

Bothering him about it isn't going to change anything. We're trying to show him we can be civil, better if you just leave it be. Some people don't want to deal with this kind of drama and understandably so.

Myn

Holy shit, remind me never to play with Kadey.

Actually making me consider not picking up this game at all, if everyone is like this.

Don't worry. Everyone I've played in this thread has been extremely chill, friendly and also helpful. They made the game more enjoyable for me to play again.

LowParry

Yo, stop stinking up the thread. Jesus. Take your shit to PM.

I haven't got to play much lately. Been too busy but I need to get some games in with Decapre some point this week. Oiy.

LowParry

Play now. You're one of the few people I get a good connection.

Ahhh I wish I could. I need to catch some Zzz. Been watching some Spooky streams with other Decapre players so I've been picking up on some of their tech. :D We'll see about tomorrow though. I'll hit you up later.

RyudBoy

Throwing up a lobby on PC, feel free to join if you don't mind playing against Ryu/Poison.

Let's see if I can get a lag-free session tonight.

Coda

PC only. I lub my customs.

Play now. You're one of the few people I get a good connection.

I should start playing on PC more. I was rocking my Gamecube controller on it for some reason and could bust Poison's rekka links for days on that thing. Obviously other things are way harder though.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Double tap seems to be good for doing rekkas. Once I started double tapping I could do it consistently.

I noticed Ultra arcade has Ryu doing a hadouken in the title screen. I'm trying to get that on PC. I wonder if console versions will ever get that.

Tried to get arcade block sounds in ultra. The file works but it doesn't do anything. Will need a fix. Also I'm trying to convert some hilarious costumes myself which is time consuming. I'm all about the modding aspects.

hitsugi

GG's man!

GG to mashingkeys, too.

GGs to you and Myn (who has the best steam name ever).

Regarding all the previous stuff - misunderstandings happen. If Kadey doesn't want to play me over it, no big deal.

I do alt F4 if an event arises and I need to go, win or lose.. It's not a rage quit or anything, so don't take it personal.

HP AE

CHP

sT.hp

backflip.
I just can't seem to punish C Dive with c.hp on reaction, it's pretty hard especially with the lag

None of that seems to help me. Once hawk (or gief) gets in its a bloodbath unless I have a lot of meter or a good guess with her.

OceanBlue

ggs RyudBoy! Lol I felt like you could read me like a book after the first few games. My anti-airs are so shitty too. I definitely need to work on not being predictable (although I don't really know how to approach this since it seems so vague), and also I need to stop being walked to the corner when I'm scared.

I'm not playing anymore for today, but if anyone wants a scrub on their friends list to beat up on, I'm Lemon Chicken lol.

ggs RyudBoy! Lol I felt like you could read me like a book after the first few games. My anti-airs are so shitty too. I definitely need to work on not being predictable (although I don't really know how to approach this since it seems so vague), and also I need to stop being walked to the corner when I'm scared.

I'm not playing anymore for today, but if anyone wants a scrub on their friends list to beat up on, I'm Lemon Chicken lol.

Mind if I add you?

OceanBlue

Mind if I add you?

I don't mind at all. :D

I feel like I need to work on playing the game at a faster pace (after I relearn how to anti-air with characters that aren't Sakura x__x). I kinda just sit out of range for 3 seconds after something doesn't work to give myself time to think lol. I probably end up being really easy to read and not scary.

RyudBoy

Hey it's cool man, and sorry, I'm like useless when it comes to providing tips lol. I was never the type of player who learned all the stuff like frame data, etc. I just play the game! The lag was pretty bad on my end. Wish we could go at it sometime without it, but that's online gaming for you.

Anyhow, fun games! We'll go at it again soon, no doubt.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's about it. It may affect your BP/PP too but I'm not 100% on that. If you're just starting it's no biggie. Trying to find these codes and put them in yourself would take hundreds of hours and you might not even get some then.

I also noticed EX titles. There's even Capcom staff titles.

That's about it. It may affect your BP/PP too but I'm not 100% on that. If you're just starting it's no biggie. Trying to find these codes and put them in yourself would take hundreds of hours and you might not even get some then.

I also noticed EX titles. There's even Capcom staff titles.

Ok, that's nothing. I don't even play ranked anyways.

Mafia Films

Neo Member
Anyone lose skill from Super-Arcade to Ultra?

I upped my skills with zangief from Arcade to Ultra, good enough to maintain Top 100 on 360 in Bips

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Holy shit this Vega reset was ridiculous.

OK, so haven't asked this yet- How's the opponent roster looking for everyone? Are there characters that you just don't come across much in online?

For me, it's been a pretty good mix of players, however I rarely seem to come across Decapre, Makoto, Gen, Dan, Juri, Dhalsim, Rolento, Fuerte, and oddly enough...Ryu, which I assume is because a lot of people have switched to Evil Ryu. Juri and Sim are probably the rarest.

I don't really play online anymore...

All this Evil Ryu talk and I was stuck at work all day. Well time for me to chime in. First off Evil Ryu has great anti-airs. DP has a good number of invincible frames so it's a great anti-air or reversal in general. Far HK has more range and takes care of guys who are trying to bait DP by empty jumping from further away. Crouch HP is great against people going for cross ups or moves that puts your opponent directly over you like Honda's Butt slam. Seriously, if Evil Ryu has weak anti-air options then who has good ones and how many of them are there in this game?

As for how good he is. I think he's top 10, not the best, not top 3, but some where from 5-10 I would guess. Part of the reason is he is being hyped is because he can safely confirm into huge damage. This is something the other shoto's and every other DP, FADC character can no longer do. He also has a hop kick that blows up lows and he has options to react to DWU, I do it all the time with him. Besides that he still has access to all the shoto move set like Marz says and then some. Fireball game is good, normals are good, damage is outstanding, mix ups are good, etc. He isn't S tier, but his tool set and damage along with the system changes and nerfs to stronger character from before makes him a top 10 character now IMO.

A few other things to go over from reading what you guys wrote. Red focus isn't a big deal for him, I hardly use it and the main move to hit confirm into red focus(LK axe kick) is unsafe on block. I think he's definitely better than Ryu in this version. Evil Ryu has the same exact fireball as Ryu frame data wise, so Ryu's is not better despite people always saying that. Evil Ryu can also trade into Ultra with his LP SRK.

Marz

A few other things to go over from reading what you guys wrote. Red focus isn't a big deal for him, I hardly use it and the main move to hit confirm into red focus(LK axe kick) is unsafe on block. I think he's definitely better than Ryu in this version. Evil Ryu has the same exact fireball as Ryu frame data wise, so Ryu's is not better despite people always saying that. Evil Ryu can also trade into Ultra with his LP SRK.

I meant Ryu's ex fireball which is significantly better.

Top Bottom