• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Grakl

huh? I think it's the opposite

Why would it be the opposite? Gouken's medium fireball hits Hugo at every point on the screen if Hugo isn't crouching. It's really bad for him, lol.

edit: Oh, my bad. I meant that it's Gouken 7 - 3 Hugo. I mixed it up in the second sentence.

Coda

You either live in Japan or play Arcade mode with network cable unplugged.
Lag in steam version is real, solid gfwl online functionality confirms this.

I meant on 360. I haven't played enough online in Steam to judge it yet.

Onemic

People say this, but when the steamworks version is working correctly, I've had WAY better matches than I ever did on GFWL. It's just that they're still working out the gamebreaking bugs (not that they should have made it to release).

Yes, but does it matter when those times are very rare?

Where are you located? I'm in Los Angeles. I play a severely mediocre E.Ryu (with combos adapted for lag) and about half of the cast. I also play Guy.

I live all the way in NC, so probably not the best connection to you guys out in Cali. Although I did play a couple of Cali GAF'ers here and there and although it's a little laggy, it's playable.

rice whats your steam id?

And speak of the devil, here is one of them. It's just plain ol "Rice Eater" on Stream.

Devid905

http://steamcommunity.com/app/45760/discussions/0/34095132036794272/
Hello Street Fighter fans,

The Street Fighter team has heard the community feedback and is aware that players are reporting issues with the quality of the online experience in Ultra Street Fighter IV for PC. We are working hard to ensure that players have the best online experience possible and we’ve made several targeted fixes to address these issues.

We are happy to confirm that an open beta program will begin on Wednesday, August 20 and we’d like to request your support and participation in testing the online experience yourselves.

Due to the complex nature of network testing, it’s often quite difficult to catch these issues until the game has been released to a very large network environment. Similarly, we feel that our best chance to accurately determine the cause and quickly provide a fix is to use large scale beta testing that will provide us with accurate “real-world” results.

We greatly appreciate your participation in this beta test and thank you for your understanding in how difficult it is to replicate this type of test environment.

Thank you,

== The Street Fighter Team ==

P.S. I'll post detailed instructions on the opt-in process this Wednesday when the beta branch goes live. Please stay tuned!

-wbacon

colinp

Banned
It's easy to criticize Capcom but at least they're being proactive and actively trying to fix things. It can only get better in the long run. Just be patient kids.

Nyoro SF

It's easy to criticize Capcom but at least they're being proactive and actively trying to fix things. It can only get better in the long run. Just be patient kids.

Ah yes, let's fix it AFTER the two month delay to PC and AFTER people have purchased it on Steam, then weeks later we'll do a beta. Also AFTER we moved to Steam from GFWL and people immediately called out the problem on the original AE 2012.

Capcom deserves every bit of calling out here. PC players have been more than patient.

Dlent

Wouldn't being proactive mean fixing it before it came out and not after? Especially considering the delayed PC release in the first place. I also wouldn't say "it can only get better" when they already have a track record of breaking more things when they patch in fixes.

Moaradin

At least they're trying. It could be like MK9 and Injustice on Steam. The Multiplayer on those games flat out don't work and they haven't done jack shit.

hitsugi

Ah yes, let's fix it AFTER the two month delay to PC and AFTER people have purchased it on Steam, then weeks later we'll do a beta. Also AFTER we moved to Steam from GFWL and people immediately called out the problem on the original AE 2012.

Capcom deserves every bit of calling out here. PC players have been more than patient.

It's still better than the PS3 version.

colinp

Banned
Wouldn't being proactive mean fixing it before it came out and not after? Especially considering the delayed PC release in the first place. I also wouldn't say "it can only get better" when they already have a track record of breaking more things when they patch in fixes.

You're right, proactive was a poor word choice. At least they're being reactive and trying to fix things. ;)

hitsugi

GG's Kadey, but sorry for the horrible games on my part. Usually I can land some type of combo online - even the ghetto ones with E.Ryu -_-

Onemic

Who the hell said private endless was good? It's been nothing but freezes all night.

Exactly what I've been saying all along. Its straight misinformation to say private lobbies are perfect and the only problem is with ranked polling.

kiaaa

Exactly what I've been saying all along. Its straight misinformation to say private lobbies are perfect and the only problem is with ranked polling.

I've had nothing but good matches in endless/online training. You guys might want to check your connections or ask your friends about theirs.

I play against a friend from Denmark every so often and it's pretty damn playable most of the time.

Grakl

Who the hell said private endless was good? It's been nothing but freezes all night.
A lot of my private endless matches have been the best online experience so far. That sucks that it freezes for you :/

You are using a wired connection, right?

hitsugi

I've had nothing but good matches in endless/online training. You guys might want to check your connections or ask your friends about theirs.

I play against a friend from Denmark every so often and it's pretty damn playable most of the time.

I would say Kadey and I's connection was pretty good - I was just missing stupid stuff.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth

yeah, i don't know. me and kadey always have a great connection, at least times we rocked on 360.

edit: actually, when we did play just now it was fine, but i kept hanging after the match.

OceanBlue

"Perfect" is a bit much, but I've had good connections in private endless on PC. I played a friend of mine who I play often in a 2-person private lobby, and the matches were fine.

It's been a night and day difference between private endless and Ranked for me. Haven't had any noticeable freezing in private endless vs. constant freezing in virtually every match in Ranked.

Top Bottom