• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

All of Cammy's combos are easy. Just gotta know if the spacing is right when you get a hit confirm.

I should note that I'm plinking. I've gotten so used to plinking that I plink everything. Don't think it's a good habit. Like if I'm pressing cr.HP as an AA I'll plink it with a MP anyway. Just gotten so second nature.

I agree. Learning plinking is good to learn as it's a great skill to have if you need it but I try to not do it as much personally. I think my execution got better when I tried getting down the timing on its own instead of relying on plinking to hit those hard links.

After DLC installation the disc itself is rather meaningless. The disc itself has Super or AE, but you want to play Ultra and the only way to do that is through data on your console's HD.

Except that if you only have the disc version of Super or AE you still need the disc to play Ultra as DLC.

What is it with so many people assuming it's literally an upgrade and won't need the previous version?

Renekton

Man, I don't main Makoto and kinda feel sorry for her (fk karakusa->U1 tho).

Why is Tsurugi nerfed if it is already counterable by focus attack? Maybe not on wakeup but I thought delayed wakeup addresses that.

Man, I don't main Makoto and kinda feel sorry for her (fk karakusa->U1 tho).

Why is Tsurugi nerfed if it is already counterable by focus attack? Maybe not on wakeup but I thought delayed wakeup addresses that.
I'm just amused that in the change video Combofiend says people wanted her to have more safe options (hayate, which would admittedly be dumb), but they instead do the opposite and remove her safe move and made her more meter dependent instead. Kind of weird, dunno if I'm happy with it 'til I play it for myself.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Except that if you only have the disc version of Super or AE you still need the disc to play Ultra as DLC.

What is it with so many people assuming it's literally an upgrade and won't need the previous version?

I said meaningless, not useless. You still need it to play, but after a game data install and the DLC install it's mainly because the system uses it as proof of ownership. The actual contents of the disc are largely irrelevant.

Since I don't even have Gold anymore there's no point in me getting Ultra on 360, so the only version I'll play is the Steam one whenever it releases and maybe the PS3 one if I find it for cheap(er)

Steam ID - SolarKnightR

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Scrubgaf

So I made a scrub gaf. This is for all fighting games not just USF4. Everyone is welcome to join. Id like to see some higher level players join as well :).

Haven't played in forever so I'm super rusty, and I'm also trying out a new character so dunno at what level I am right now.

Cammy isn't OP in Ultra is she?
I dont want everyone using "my" character or thinking I m only using her for cheap wins.
Im also a big Deejay fan, but from the comments in this thread, it doesn't sound like I have to worry about too many others using him.

Without the Full Digital version, No.

Your options are.

Buy AE Digitally then purchase the Ultra update.

Wait and purchase the Full Digital copy of Ultra in August.

*Off topic* I never saw the issue people have with game disk, especially in this day and age when gamers are complaining about not getting enough physical releases. It all seems counter productive to me. I personally like physical medium for games, Digital is nice for handhelds but for consoles...It really depends for me I guess. I appreciate my Digital only titles and PS+ games, but If I can help it...I would buy the game physically. I respect the decision of people buying digital, I just don't really agree with it.

Hmm ok, maybe I'll double dip for the first time in my life and pick up the full PC version when it's released. I also prefer physically copies but I guess just not for games that I play often since I get lazy swapping the disc in and out all the time. I'll try to remember that next time before making a purchase. Thanks!

HiResDes

I'm just amused that in the change video Combofiend says people wanted her to have more safe options (hayate, which would admittedly be dumb), but they instead do the opposite and remove her safe move and made her more meter dependent instead. Kind of weird, dunno if I'm happy with it 'til I play it for myself.

I hate to say it, but I don't know why they let Combofiend have so much input. This has nothing to do with Makoto, but the lack of buffs to zoning characters really kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Speaking of that I wish I could go back and look at my characters request thread and try to gauge just how much people wanted certain things over the other. Until the Akuma thread, the Evil Ryu thread actually had more post than any other character thread. And while some did ask for more health or Akuma's teleport, me and some other guys were trying our best to sway people into our vision of Evil Ryu.

I could have sworn we were the more vocal bunch and we spammed the hell out of that thread with our thoughts over and over. Some of what I wanted did happen, but not all. I wish I could have a short talk with Combo just to see what he has to say about it. Although it may not be much since others have addressed him with issues about their character and he didn't seem to much to say.

Laconic

Banned
I hate to say it, but I don't know why they let Combofiend have so much input. This has nothing to do with Makoto, but the lack of buffs to zoning characters really kind of rubs me the wrong way.

Did Combofiend start out in the 3S era? It would help to explain this.

Ryu, Gouken, Rose, and Chun Li all got buffs. I'm pretty sure Combofiend didn't have the final say on most things, otherwise he would have kept most of the Yun nerfs imo. Technically Dhalism got buffs too though they may or may not be negligible.

I downloaded it and installed few minutes ago (PSN). But ain't working and it seems to has a conflict with AE DLC

TY3l7ji.png

Sillution

Joined scrubgaf, same name as my username. I am really terrible so feel free to shoot some invites and we can play some matches.

Kaleinc

Banned
AE steamworks is top tier. Lagspikes, joining players takes 1 minute, region lock. And sweet hatemail is gone :(

Geniuzz

So, the pre-download for PSN. Does that only work in States or something? I can't even find Ultra listed anywhere yet, let alone pre-download it. And I wanted them alts, oh well..

Anybody else in Europe has experienced the same thing? (PSN The Netherlands).

Another edit: All I can find is the USF4 Trailer, and no option for pre download whatsoever.

Debating whether to wait for the PC version or pick up both consoles and PC. I already have the base game for both so it will only be $15 each but I always feel silly double dipping on games. Decisions decisions.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
AE steamworks is top tier. Lagspikes, joining players takes 1 minute, region lock. And sweet hatemail is gone :(

Stop using Quick Match, use Custom (or whatever the name is) for one, it allows you to both to search for people near your rank (it doesn't by default) and people outside your region (it doesn't by default).
For some reason, it seems to consider Sweden a single region, as I've *only* connected with swedish peeps when using the quick match option and people that absolutely fucking destroy my ass. Other than a second of "waiting for opponent" during the beginning of a match it's been smooth though. Apart from 2 minutes of connecting to opponent only to fail. (I wish you could cancell the connection as you can for searching, as it's quite annoying to wait when you know it's going to fail)

FSLink

Banned
Having the same problem too

It won't work until later today.

EDIT: I heard Tuesday midnight EST so I said today since I'm not east coast. If anybody can find a more concrete time, please post.

EDIT#2:
Pre-order Ultra Street Fighter IV Digital Upgrade and receive an exclusive theme for your PS3™ system’s XMB™ menu screen in your download list after checking out. You'll also be able to access the 2014 Challengers Pack, which consists of five unique character costumes: Jungle Elena, Medieval Hugo, Pirate Poison, Wizard Rolento, and Gladiator Decapre, when the digital upgrade releases. Play the game on 6/2/14 starting 9PM PDT.
https://store.sonyentertainmentnetw...r-iv/cid=UP0102-BLUS30453_00-SSF400DLC000USF4 From here.

Lerozz

So, the pre-download for PSN. Does that only work in States or something? I can't even find Ultra listed anywhere yet, let alone pre-download it. And I wanted them alts, oh well..

Anybody else in Europe has experienced the same thing? (PSN The Netherlands).

Another edit: All I can find is the USF4 Trailer, and no option for pre download whatsoever.

Seems to be a US store only thing.

ksdixon

How's the roster looking for ULTRA SF4? Is there any stand-out fighters that are still missing in action that really should be there?

How's the roster looking for ULTRA SF4? Is there any stand-out fighters that are still missing in action that really should be there?

Alex would fit really well and it'd be good to have him. I'd really like to see Necro; he'd likely fare a lot better in a game without parries. I've no idea how Birdie plays but I really like his style. Get him in there.

TheMink

Ryu, Gouken, Rose, and Chun Li all got buffs. I'm pretty sure Combofiend didn't have the final say on most things, otherwise he would have kept most of the Yun nerfs imo. Technically Dhalism got buffs too though they may or may not be negligible.

And Ken actually got some light zoning buffs too as his Hadoken is stronger.

Yasawas

Can't find USF4 for preorder on the UK PSN store - I assume it will only be listed tomorrow?

Have they even said we're getting it? I imagined the preorder stuff was US-only because they hate us. Listing it the day before release sounds a bit daft.

Prototype

You're delusional if you think combo has that much input.

alstein

Rose got massively buffed, Chun got heavily buffed. Gouken was buffed right? I think Guile was buffed slightly.

Sagat was nerfed a little, but that's ok, it's Sagat, he deserves it.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
So am I guessing right if they decided to call it Ultra because you can now skip the horrible stage music in CPU matches as well and play the pretty fucking great remixes they have of the character themes? Seriously, I want to hear Dudley's theme as often as I can.

Why the fuck is this not an option to begin with? Whose idea was it to make it so only online battles played the character themes with the setting on? It's a punch in the dick, that's what it is.

Dr. Buni

So am I guessing right if they decided to call it Ultra because you can now skip the horrible stage music in CPU matches as well and play the pretty fucking great remixes they have of the character themes? Seriously, I want to hear Dudley's theme as often as I can.

Why the fuck is this not an option to begin with? Whose idea was it to make it so only online battles played the character themes with the setting on? It's a punch in the dick, that's what it is.
Yeah, that is my pet peeve with this game. The stage themes are mostly awful, a shame there isn't an option to always play the character's theme instead.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer

It applied in offline VS.

Top Bottom