• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

FSLink

Banned
They really need to copy BlazBlue/P4A and just make it so it auto selects the stage theme, but you can switch it to a character theme if you want or random.
And have character themes on default for rivals like arcade mode.

vg260

Rose got massively buffed, Chun got heavily buffed. Gouken was buffed right? I think Guile was buffed slightly.

Sagat was nerfed a little, but that's ok, it's Sagat, he deserves it.

Guile was arguably nerfed overall.

Combofiend is associate battle director, so there would be someone with more authority.

stn

Yeah, Guile lost the auto-correct U1. They DID however fix his hurtbox so he doesn't get unblockable'd. Also, linking cr. jab to cr. mp is easier now. He got nerfed overall but has some better damage options now.

Onemic

Stop using Quick Match, use Custom (or whatever the name is) for one, it allows you to both to search for people near your rank (it doesn't by default) and people outside your region (it doesn't by default).
For some reason, it seems to consider Sweden a single region, as I've *only* connected with swedish peeps when using the quick match option and people that absolutely fucking destroy my ass. Other than a second of "waiting for opponent" during the beginning of a match it's been smooth though. Apart from 2 minutes of connecting to opponent only to fail. (I wish you could cancell the connection as you can for searching, as it's quite annoying to wait when you know it's going to fail)

Nope, it doesn't matter what option you pick. choosing any region in custom still region locks you to people from your country only. Steamworks is KOF XII online tier of suck.

K.Sabot

Who do y'all think is going to be the most popular of the new characters?
Maining Rolento either way, but still.

Most popular from newer players? Probably Hugo, but most popular for higher tier players would probably be Elena. Especially if Justin Wong picks her up.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Nope, it doesn't matter what option you pick. choosing any region in custom still region locks you to people from your country only. Steamworks is KOF XII online tier of suck.
Weird. I got matched against a Brit. At the very least its not working as intended. Lets hope they fix the issues, when it works, it works really well.

Onemic

Dunno. I'm curious why Oni got a health nerf, but Evil Ryu got a health buff? I'm not too familiar with the characters.

It doesn't make sense to me either. Oni's slow as fuck, so the 1000 health made sense. It's not like he was that good with that much health either. Now evil Ryu has the same amount of health as oni, much higher mobility and does more damage. We'll see how it plays out, but I don't think he's gonna move much in terms of tiers, unless the increased startup on most of his normals makes his neutral game that much stronger. (a buff E.Ryu also got). His stomp is also pretty much worthless now as a mixup/pressure tool as that also got nerfed.

I personally think he'll be mid/low-mid tier. Pretty much exactly where he was before.

V_Arnold

So....tomorrow is the day. :D

Subscribed!

I have a dilemma though. I completely forgot all that I have learned with Viper over the years. I know some of the Ibuki links, but I have no Vortex game with her yet. I dabbled with Rose, and seems like she got buffed.

So should I stick to Rose, or learn Decapre or Poison? Hm, decisions, decisions....

Horseress

t1401768000z4.png

I'm having trouble concentrating at work....can't wait ><

Trickster

So what are the odds that pc SF4 will be a ghost town come Ultra's console release? I don't have any plans to buy Ultra on consoles, so I hope it's gonna still be possible to find matches on PC :/

TheAznOne

OK can anyone clear this up for me? I keep hearing 2 different release dates for the 360 digital version. Is it coming out tomorrow(Tues the 3rd) or Wednesday the 4th.

Anyone going to do team/KOF style mode tonight? Thats the mode I feel will be either awesome or lame depending on loadtimes, character diversity and skill levels.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
OK can anyone clear this up for me? I keep hearing 2 different release dates for the 360 digital version. Is it coming out tomorrow(Tues the 3rd) or Wednesday the 4th.

It was originally set for the 4th, as is mentioned in the OP, but Gamestop's website lists it for tomorrow... so I'm not sure what to believe. Maybe only Gamestop codes are activated tomorrow, and all of XBL will update on wednesday so people can purchase off the marketplace? That'd be pretty dumb, if so.

Obscura

If you could add me to the list, please.
XBL: HORRORILLOGIUM
Atlanta, Ga

I main Hakan and intend to run Hugo unless he's still ass. Tomorrow morning can't come soon enough.

TheAznOne

It was originally set for the 4th, as is mentioned in the OP, but Gamestop's website lists it for tomorrow... so I'm not sure what to believe. Maybe only Gamestop codes are activated tomorrow, and all of XBL will update on wednesday so people can purchase off the marketplace? That'd be pretty dumb, if so.

Thanks dude. That would suck if Gamestop did do that. Also I wasn't aware that you played SF4. Which version are you gonna pick up?

If I have physical AE and installed the 3.5 gig Ultra update I'm assuming I need the AE discuss in my PS3 to play it?
Yes.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Oh, jeez. I'm going to have to clear some space. I wasn't expecting Ultra to be that huge.

Thanks dude. That would suck if Gamestop did do that. Also I wasn't aware that you played SF4. Which version are you gonna pick up?

360 and PC for me. Maybe PS3 if I can get it way cheap down the line sometime.

Horseress

I already download and installed everything. And yes, it "broke" my AE, now I can only play super, but that's ok, I'm playing mostly on PC these days. I just hope I don't have to reinstall everything to play ultra

TheAznOne

Oh, jeez. I'm going to have to clear some space. I wasn't expecting Ultra to be that huge.

360 and PC for me. Maybe PS3 if I can get it way cheap down the line sometime.

Dude whats your XBL GT? I can add you and we can play some endless. I have the game for all 3 systems but prefer 360 over the other 2.

Obscura

Wait. It's going to be out tonight on PS3 but Wednesday on 360?

Both GameStop and the USFIV site have the 360 version listed as coming out on the 3rd. Surprised we don't have confirmation on this yet.

Someone with a twitter account should ask Capcom.

fuck i am getting hyped for my 9pm training mode session.

i'm gonna main dekappa and use elena as a backup. honda is going on the back burner indefinitely.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How do I stay down on the ground and delay the wakeup?

Top Bottom