• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Trickster

How do I stay down on the ground and delay the wakeup?

Afaik you can't delay your wake up beyond the standard knockdown time. The alternative to that downtime is to press buttons just as you fall down, which will then make you wakeup right away.

edit - there's the option to delay wakeup in Ultra?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Okay boys. Better get some sleep. Once it goes live tonight, I will get a lobby up and run it for the day.

nded

Afaik you can't delay your wake up beyond the standard knockdown time. The alternative to that downtime is to press buttons just as you fall down, which will then make you wakeup right away.

edit - there's the option to delay wakeup in Ultra?

From what I understand it's basically the opposite of quickstand, allowing you to stay on the ground longer than you would with a normal wakeup.

vg260

It was originally set for the 4th, as is mentioned in the OP, but Gamestop's website lists it for tomorrow... so I'm not sure what to believe. Maybe only Gamestop codes are activated tomorrow, and all of XBL will update on wednesday so people can purchase off the marketplace? That'd be pretty dumb, if so.

The Gamestop thing is not actually a code for the game. It's $15 MS credit + the pre-order costume code (sent within 2 days).

I'm just gonna use the credit on my account to buy upon release, and sit on the $15 code, then just wait for the costume code.

Gambit61

Try on your computer through the SEN store. That's how I did it a few days ago when the PSN store was acting up.

SENy PLS

BfaIB2J.jpg

vg260

Oh really? Wow, that's bootleg.

Yeah, at least for the 360 version. Their site says:
"This is a purchase of Xbox LIVE currency. You may redeem the currency for the content shown or for other"

It seems really slapped together. Not surprising Gamestop was the only one offering it.

Mike M

Nick N
"This is a purchase of Xbox LIVE currency. You may redeem the currency for the content shown or for other"

It seems really slapped together. Not surprising Gamestop was the only one offering it.
Well at least they're offering something, convoluted as it is. : /

Now I just need a way to get the SFxT costumes without needing to buy SFxT. Anyone want to loan me a copy on 360 long enough to just make the save file? Heh heh.

galvatron

Borderlands 2 season pass was similarly ghetto rigged. I think that's just how DLC goes there...

MrDaravon

Borderlands 2 season pass was similarly ghetto rigged. I think that's just how DLC goes there...

The Borderlands 2 thing was Gamestop being Gamestop.

In this case it's not on them really, and I'm impressed they're even offering it to begin with. In order for there to have been a directly redeemable voucher for the game PLUS the pre-order outfits Capcom/MS would have had to have created a separate listing just for that, and with this being such a one-time thing and the 360 store being not set up to handle that normally as-is like PSN is, I can understand why they wouldn't do it there. Also they (obviously) will sell the new pre-order outfits as a normal pack shortly if not at launch, so a listing for that already exists somewhere, so they're just slapping them together.

Question

I already bought and pre installed the PS3 ultra-add on.

Do i have to go and get the pre-order at gamestop or can i buy it tomorrow through xbox 360 also?

Seems silly i have to go through gamestop for 360 add on

MrDaravon

Question

I already bought and pre installed the PS3 ultra-add on.

Do i have to go and get the pre-order at gamestop or can i buy it tomorrow through xbox 360 also?

Seems silly i have to go through gamestop for 360 add on

You can get it on 360 normally, you only have to go through Gamestop if you want the pre-order outfits. The 360 Marketplace isn't set up to allow you to pre-order things like you can on PS3, so the only way you can get those for the download upgrade on 360 is through Gamestop.com (and maybe in-store? No idea.) where they are basically selling you a $15 XBL code along with providing a separate code just for the outfits.

Quadratic

I'm from Canada and would like the DLC code from Gamestop US. Is it possible for a GAFFer to by it for me with their US CC and I can send them money via paypal? You can just transfer the codes via email when you receive them?

If you can do that I would appreciate it.

Send me a PM.

Tansut

Add me to the list, please. I'll be playing online once I go through Arcade mode with the new characters. Yeah, I'm weird like that.

PSN: Tiberius-800

Could I be added to the list as well, please?
PSN: Bent_My_Wookiee

I'm horrible at the game so I'll probably be completely free. But I'm still excited to check Ultra out.

Toski

It doesn't make sense to me either. Oni's slow as fuck, so the 1000 health made sense. It's not like he was that good with that much health either. Now evil Ryu has the same amount of health as oni, much higher mobility and does more damage. We'll see how it plays out, but I don't think he's gonna move much in terms of tiers, unless the increased startup on most of his normals makes his neutral game that much stronger. (a buff E.Ryu also got). His stomp is also pretty much worthless now as a mixup/pressure tool as that also got nerfed.

I personally think he'll be mid/low-mid tier. Pretty much exactly where he was before.

Oni originally had 975 (or was it 950?) health then they bumped it up to 1000 for AE 2012 and now they lowered it back. I understand why Akuma has low health with his damage and moblility options, but Oni doesn't have those. It seems Oni is overall worse than his AE 2012 version. Giving him the ability to FADC his DP on block seems worthless now that they overall nerfed the DP FADC. I guess Ultra 2015 will see him get buffs lol.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Weird. I got matched against a Brit. At the very least its not working as intended. Lets hope they fix the issues, when it works, it works really well.

I was totally wrong I guess, after that latest patch the options literallly wont matter lmao.

Edit: Since PC ver is Steamworks, I really hope they add in Steam Groups functionality, it would make it a lot easier to find players on your level.

Quadratic

If you're from Canada I found I way to buy the DLC upgrade on 360 + get the preorder from the Gamestop.com site courtesy of EventHubs.

By a gift certificate to yourself for $15.00 USD It will be sent to your email.

Then you can use that gift card code to buy the upgrade using a fake US address and have it sent to your email. The Xbox points and DLC costume code should work since it's a NA system. At least I hope it does.

Sucks how the Xbox store doesn't allow preorder of DLC like SEN does.

MilesTeg

Banned
I'm stuck in lame situation regarding this. I have the disc copy of SSFIV and I bought the Arcade Edition DLC afterwards. However my PS3 will no longer read discs. There is no version of SSFIV that I can see on PSN. So if I want this, not only do I have to pay $39.99, I also have to wait til August 4? Ugh.

kirblar

I'm stuck in lame situation regarding this. I have the disc copy of SSFIV and I bought the Arcade Edition DLC afterwards. However my PS3 will no longer read discs. There is no version of SSFIV that I can see on PSN. So if I want this, not only do I have to pay $39.99, I also have to wait til August 4? Ugh.
You could buy the full retail AE and upgrade.... maybe? But would be 45 bux. :(

Quadratic

It's on the store for 29.99

http://us.playstation.com/games/super-street-fighter-4-arcade-edition-ps3.html

Oh EDIT: You mean you want the AE less version. I doubt Capcom would leave that on the network to confuse people.

xCobalt

Oni originally had 975 (or was it 950?) health then they bumped it up to 1000 for AE 2012 and now they lowered it back. I understand why Akuma has low health with his damage and moblility options, but Oni doesn't have those. It seems Oni is overall worse than his AE 2012 version. Giving him the ability to FADC his DP on block seems worthless now that they overall nerfed the DP FADC. I guess Ultra 2015 will see him get buffs lol.

He's worse off but he definitely doesn't have worse damage than akuma. He can easily get 400+ damage with just two bars.

Allforce

I've lost track of all the SF IV versions, the last one I own is a disc copy of Super Street Fighter IV on 360. Can I upgrade to Ultra from that copy for 14.99 or do I need a later version?

Top Bottom