• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ultra Street Fighter IV |OT| What is old is new once again

Has anyone ended with a Double K.O. lately? Do both players earn points in that case?

Last time I saw one was on a stream, and one player got points while the other lost them. Dunno why.

The host always gets points in a Tie. Pretty dumb.

I recently got a Double K.O. in a ranked match. I can say without a doubt that I was not the host.

WkOMT6El.jpg

Player with less PP gets points? /shrug

:(

Just saw this. GGs, man. Let's play again soon. Would be nice to get better against Decapre.

Was testing to see what could beat out those low pokes after rapid daggers.

GGs i admit i was definitely feeling myself after landing dash-U2 from full screen haha. i still don't like the matchup though. i think you should be able to tag me after a blocked rapid daggers, i like to recklessly follow up blocked rapid daggers with more cr.mk xx rapid daggers...though i'm not an expert at frame data.

GGs i admit i was definitely feeling myself after landing dash-U2 from full screen haha. i still don't like the matchup though. i think you should be able to tag me after a blocked rapid daggers, i like to recklessly follow up blocked rapid daggers with more cr.mk xx rapid daggers...though i'm not an expert at frame data.

Maybe I have to be standing. Was pushing you to punish all the yoga snipers with U2. Not sure if the missed ones were mistimed or not, though. I'm always on at the time during the week. Just hit me up if you want more matches.

Picked this up yesterday on Steam. Last time I played SFIV a lot was back in 2010 when Super came out. So far it's really fun and the animation is still gorgeous. I didn't play Street Fighter X Tekken so the new characters and arenas are refreshing.

I don't get on Steam a whole lot but I would love to play a few rounds if I have the time. I don't play competitively, just for fun. Add me at:http://steamcommunity.com/id/soldierice52

Thanks. :)

mbpm1

i think you should be able to tag me after a blocked rapid daggers, i like to recklessly follow up blocked rapid daggers with more cr.mk xx rapid daggers...though i'm not an expert at frame data.

Safest version of rapid daggers is -3 on block. Since cr mk is a 6 frame startup there's a 9 frame gap where people can tag you with anything. It's still doable if your opponent is afraid to do anything after rapid daggers for w/e reason, which is why I like to follow up with lp sting right after rapid daggers early on to make them sit there instead.

cHaotix8

So all those points I lost from double KO's were because I had more player points? I'm not sure if that's just as bad as rewarding the host or even worse.

Nyoro SF

So all those points I lost from double KO's were because I had more player points? I'm not sure if that's just as bad as rewarding the host or even worse.

Obviously it makes more sense that a higher ranked player would lose points for a draw game against a lower ranked player.

cHaotix8

Don't see how.

It's flawed logic. Player Points are only indicative of how often you've been using your main character recently. If I, as a sweet times D rank Ultra 2 Ryu, tie with an A rank Adon but I have more player points, should they being rewarded for not even winning? Why even portray it as a draw game when it's really only a loss? A draw game should be just that.

Nyoro SF

It's flawed logic. Player Points are only indicative of how often you've been using your main character recently. If I, as a sweet times D rank Ultra 2 Ryu, tie with an A rank Adon but I have more player points, should they being rewarded for not even winning? Why even portray it as a draw game when it's really only a loss? A draw game should be just that.

For starters, Battle Points are for overall per-character use, and Player Points are for your win/loss rank for all characters. That's kind of an odd scenario you've drawn up, but player points are an absolute.

If you're truly "higher ranked", then why didn't you beat the "lower ranked" player? The "weaker" player managed to pull a draw against you which is a tougher accomplishment.

Luckily you won't lose that many points for drawing against a weaker player. A minor annoyance.

Does the disc version have a different opening or title screen? I have the digital copy of ultra but am seriously thinking about getting the disc copy for all the costumes/dlc.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Does the disc version have a different opening or title screen? I have the digital copy of ultra but am seriously thinking about getting the disc copy for all the costumes/dlc.

If there is nobody is talking. Would like to get the Arcade version of the title screen.

Hansel?

Neo Member
Hadn't played this since like week one of AE's release. Had gotten a new LG TV since. Waited on the physical release of Ultra and finally got around to it this weekend. SO much input lag on this LG that I do not remember the game having before. I haven't tried it on any other of my TV's yet but am super bummed the lag is happening on my main console gaming TV :(

I'm not sure if it's because the ONLY other game I ever play on the PS3 is Borderlands 2 and the lag isn't as noticable? But this is for sure the first time I've played something on this LG where it was just unplayable due to lag. Even with all settings off and set to "GAME" mode, there's too much input lag for my All-American Guile Combo Nations.

Sucks.

Nyoro SF

Hadn't played this since like week one of AE's release. Had gotten a new LG TV since. Waited on the physical release of Ultra and finally got around to it this weekend. SO much input lag on this LG that I do not remember the game having before. I haven't tried it on any other of my TV's yet but am super bummed the lag is happening on my main console gaming TV :(

I'm not sure if it's because the ONLY other game I ever play on the PS3 is Borderlands 2 and the lag isn't as noticable? But this is for sure the first time I've played something on this LG where it was just unplayable due to lag. Even with all settings off and set to "GAME" mode, there's too much input lag for my All-American Guile Combo Nations.

Sucks.

How big is the TV?

I haven't upgraded past my 32" LG TV from 2009 because it has no lag in GAME mode.

Hansel?

Neo Member
How big is the TV?

I haven't upgraded past my 32" LG TV from 2009 because it has no lag in GAME mode.

42" and 3D. But my PS3 is set to 720p at all times (1080p disabled in settings) so I don't even think the 3D makes a difference??? I may have to go back to the 32" Vizio I used to use. It's just that I got my entertainment center all nice and pretty and stuff and the LG is wall mounted and I don't want to switch things around.

But playing on this LG makes me feel like Guile when he sees Bison :\

Shouta

Played a lot of SF in Japan and some against the big-name folks at the arcades. Some sick players that folks don't know about here. Like, I saw a really awesome Dudley over there that was wrecking Tokido and Nemo up.

Played a lot of SF in Japan and some against the big-name folks at the arcades. Some sick players that folks don't know about here. Like, I saw a really awesome Dudley over there that was wrecking Tokido and Nemo up.

It is so awesome to get games going in Japanese arcades. Such a trip to see people of varying ages sitting at the arcade cabs and playing at above average levels.

Yeah ultra on pc is still pants.

Haven't played at all since the day the beta dropped.

While it still lags sometimes it's been a much better experience for me overall. My only issue is that the bars don't actually matter very often. Very often I'll choose to play a guy that starts off with 4 bars, then when I enter his room it says 1-2 bars. I play them anyways and most of the time it's either lag free or playable. Heavy lag can occur regardless of what the bars say so I can't rely on the number of bars anymore to tell me if the connection will be good or not.

thelastword

Banned
I imagine there are some really excellent players that don't compete, some maybe online only players or those who just play causally but are really good no-less, but that goes for many countries apart from Japan too.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
While it still lags sometimes it's been a much better experience for me overall. My only issue is that the bars don't actually matter very often. Very often I'll choose to play a guy that starts off with 4 bars, then when I enter his room it says 1-2 bars. I play them anyways and most of the time it's either lag free or playable. Heavy lag can occur regardless of what the bars say so I can't rely on the number of bars anymore to tell me if the connection will be good or not.

Hey, good game (like, literally), lag was good too! Very surprised. I tried to stick around some more but yeah, real life shit as always.

Exr

Where in Japan are you? I miss the arcades there, nothing like it. Smoking and drinking while you play 3S? Rad.

Top Bottom